PDA

View Full Version : Headlight problem

NOAHS88accord
12-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Okay I thought my old headlight was burning out, well I went and got a new one, and it isn't that, so here is the symptoms.

Drivers side headlight looks like it is about burned out, when in fact it is brand new. Low beam and high beam both looked burned out like it isn't getting enough power or something. Passenger side is perfect, bright on low beam and super bright on high beam. What could cause this? Could it be a fuse? I don't have the little thing that goes over the fuses under the dash with the sticker, so I don't know which fuse is what, so if it might be a fuse, can someone send me a list of what fuse is what? I need to get htis fixed, as it is very hard to drive with only one good headlight.

NOAHS88accord
12-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Can someone tell me what each fuse is under the dash, the little tray that covers the hole in front of the fuse box is not in the new LXI that I bought, so I don't know what each fuse is. Thanks.

MessyHonda
12-15-2006, 10:26 PM
i think geddy has a list of wut fuse is wut....i say pull out every fuse till you find the one that is burn out....also check yours wires...my car was rearended and it was pushed into another car...so they had to fix the front...they didnt put the wires right so it would rub and rub and after like 10 years it just exposed the wires and it would burn alot of fuses....i just cut the wires and recrimped them and put a shit load of electrical tape.....i also got some silvania silverstars...they are one of the best Stock replacement besides going with an h4 conversion

w261w261
12-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Is your headlight completely dark, or it sounds like it is just very dim. If it's very dim, then you have a connection problem, and I would look first at the connectors for the headlights. Clean them well, and coat them with electrical grease.

russiankid
12-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds like one of your wires is exposed like messy said, which can make a fuse burn out because of a short. So just look at the left side wiring and make sure where it bents the wires aren't damaged. If they are damaged you can clean up every wire then solder the wires together and use heat shrink tubing to have a good seal. Then make sure you place the wires so that they do not rub against anything to prevent this from happening again.