PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my removal/problems

DACteg
12-18-2006, 12:41 AM
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/emoretared/accord/

Thats all the pics i took, sorry the close ups suck, my camera doenst do good close ups. ;p

Is everythign hooked up, plugged, and done right? i know its not the cleanest thing. i got it and the old radiator had seriously blown up under the hood.

But my main problem is it will idle. but it will not advance. so im gonna try a new coil. ive done pretty much everything electrical i can except that. And i dont know if i got my distributor vacuums hooke dup right.

A18A
12-18-2006, 12:47 AM
what do you mean by it wont advance?

A18A
12-18-2006, 12:52 AM
oh yeah, i find that my car actually idles better without the dizzy vacuum advance :dunno:

btw i like your cool choke setup hehe

DACteg
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks. So what should i do? just plug my dizzy advance?

By not advancing i mean. when i give it gas it dies.

Ive tried giving it more gas mixture but still same problem.

So i am either not firing or something else.

shepherd79
12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
you may have a vacuum leak somewhere.
did you convert secondaries to manual or are you going to run them on vacuum. Because it is not hooked up to run secondaries right now.
like i said check everything for a signs of vacuum leak.
anything that is open should be caped closed just in case.
did you remember to plug in the idle valve that is on the back of the carb?

shepherd79
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
oh yeah, i find that my car actually idles better without the dizzy vacuum advance :dunno:

btw i like your cool choke setup hehe
something is wrong with your distributor. because my old carb accord hated of not having vacuum advance.
are you sure your timing is adjusted right. too much advance can actually make it worse.

A18A
12-18-2006, 01:33 PM
something is wrong with your distributor. because my old carb accord hated of not having vacuum advance.
are you sure your timing is adjusted right. too much advance can actually make it worse.
yeah i think the cam timing is too advanced cause when i advance the dizzy it runs very rough, and then when vacuum is applied it just stalls, no mater what... so i guess ill have to retard my cam timing a couple teeth :thumbdn: ..... anyways

cygnus x-1
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
I think you need a timing light. That would tell you what's going on with the timing. It should be set to 4 degrees before TDC.

C|

A18A
12-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I think you need a timing light. That would tell you what's going on with the timing. It should be set to 4 degrees before TDC.

C|
DACteg or me?

A20A1
12-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Close off the hole to the choke puller... it has vacuum and can cause a leak.

You can unscrew the choke puller from the body of the carb... right next to the lowest screw will be a hole with an O-Ring where the choke puller was covering... seal that hole in the carb.

DACteg
12-20-2006, 02:58 PM
So you can see i dont have it covered in my pictures A20a1? which picture is that if you dont mind. and thank you guys also.

wprocomp
12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
please wash it under the hood

jschatte
12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
are you running your engine without an air filter?

A18A
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
So you can see i dont have it covered in my pictures A20a1? which picture is that if you dont mind. and thank you guys also.
he means take off this thing here:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/cvgewreg.jpg
and block this little hole thats left:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/blockoff.jpg
(i just forced a screw in there)

what would we do without digital cameras these days :)

cygnus x-1
12-21-2006, 01:19 PM
DACteg or me?

You. :lol: O.D.A18A I mean.

Or really anyone that wants to mees with timing, you really need a timing light. Set the timing to 4 degrees BTDC at idle (below 1000 RPM) with both vacuum advance ports disconnected. Then connect the vacuum advance ports to the manifold vacuum. Then check timing again, it should be somewhere between I think 12 and 22 degrees BTDC depending on what engine and trans you have. If the timing doesn't advance with vacuum applied or it runs bad check the vacuum diaphram to see if it leaks. Put an extra piece of hose on each of the advance ports and see if they hold vacuum (by sucking on the hose). If you do this with the engine running the idle should speed up with vacuum applied. If the diaphram leaks it won't advance the timing correctly and will also throw off the AF mixture because of the extra air getting in to the mix.
C|

DACteg
12-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Yay, it drove again. So today im gettign very pissed at the accord. So as my brother is starting it i bash the coil and the thing kicks over and runs, very crappy, but runs. So i dump some Lucas in the tank and hold down the gas for about 3 min straght. The thing cleard up, i drove it about 2 miles down the road. The thing feels Solid now. So we will see how it goes in the near future.

Thanks guys for all your help and patients with me. VERY much appreciated!