PDA

View Full Version : how to remove radiator?

rabbit_66_61
09-03-2002, 06:33 PM
yeah i have a hole in my radiator and i need to know how to remove it so when the new one comes i can install it right away. Damn thing smokes hella every time i dive it

anchovies
09-03-2002, 08:14 PM
1.Drain the radiator.
2.Remove the retainer bolts (2 on each side). It's on top of the radiator on the top front frame.
3. Remove temperature sensor plug.
4. Remove radiator (you should have just enough room).

very simple.
Hope that helps.

smufguy
09-03-2002, 08:24 PM
yep exaclt what anchocies said. removing the radiator is a hella simple. just make sure u drain ur radiator first and u dont have to drain ur block just dont let the coolent from the hose that go to the radiator thow up the coolent in them (its not a bad thing that they do, but u dont wanna get it on the floor or anywhere on ur car that is painted ). beware u gotta remove the fan wiring clips on the bottom of the radiator. if u got an automatic tranny, u gotta remove the aft cooling line that goes to the bottom of the tranny. it will make a mess, if u do have an auto, get a bottle of ATF and just add it if its less or just change the whole ATF fluid. make sure nothing is hidering u when u remove the radiator, last thing u wanna do is pulling it out and it getting pulled back cause something is stuck to it and all the shit inside is pouring on u. have fun and do check out paul aeroduck's website and download the page for removing the radiator or the fan and such if the replys are not clear.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-03-2002, 11:03 PM
Gee I wish it would have been that easy with my car. The front member that the radiator sits on was pushed into the radiator (after the wreck) making it impossible to remove it. Since I had zero clearance between it and the header I was sellng. I simply bent the thing out of my way by standing on it. Hey, it worked, got the header off:p

smufguy
09-04-2002, 08:07 AM
yo jim, how do u think i took my radiator off of the car after my crash?? hehe, crow bar. Look under my handle, u will see the pic of a haunted 3g :flip: