PDA

View Full Version : disapearing filters

custom
12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
my custom cold air intake filter is exsposed, you can really see it if your standing behind the passanger side if the car. i had cut out some of the black plastic covering down on the bottom to for more air but, the problem i'm having is my damn filters keep either falling off or is turning up missing. this is the fourth one i have to replace them. my filter now is a two pieces of rag cloths doubbled up and tied off with tap until payday this friday. Has anybody ever seen someone trying to steel their filter before? if you happen to see a blue filter laying around in durham please call..

MessyHonda
12-19-2006, 08:56 PM
huh...put your wheel liner back on. the CAI should suck air by the front not the back.

mkymonkey
12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
lol, so someone stole your filter? lmao, ive always wondered if anyone would steal mine. kinda funny really.

custom
12-21-2006, 11:15 PM
a person just cant walk up and snatch the filter off they would need a flat head driver. that filter was on their tight. it might have rubbed against the tire like it did once before... i dont know i'm buying the filters from advance auto, you know the ones with the fancy colors... 25dollars add up. i'm really glueing this one down

mkymonkey
12-21-2006, 11:20 PM
i buy them from a shop here in socal called SUPERAUTOBACS. i buy the tenzo R filters for 14 bucks. they work great, easy to clean, and seem to be of the same material as k&n. kinda

MessyHonda
12-22-2006, 12:48 AM
i buy them from a shop here in socal called SUPERAUTOBACS. i buy the tenzo R filters for 14 bucks. they work great, easy to clean, and seem to be of the same material as k&n. kinda

get me one from x-mas :deal:

mkymonkey
12-22-2006, 01:51 AM
pfft...you've been a bad postwhore this year lol

MessyHonda
12-22-2006, 08:42 AM
pfft...you've been a bad postwhore this year lol

you been a bad monkey also :slap:....didnt you invent tools? so wouldnt you know how to use em....lol...jp

2oodoor
12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
a person just cant walk up and snatch the filter off they would need a flat head driver. that filter was on their tight. it might have rubbed against the tire like it did once before... i dont know i'm buying the filters from advance auto, you know the ones with the fancy colors... 25dollars add up. i'm really glueing this one down
You can get tamper proof hose clamps, or make one yourself. If you dust your engine your gonna need rings soon, this is a serious problem. Maybe reroute or put the cover back on, most thieves would not want to work for it and it aint something somebody could hock so....
and hey walmart sells those too, I stocked up on them when they discontinued some last year.

killa_16
12-22-2006, 10:29 AM
you been a bad monkey also :slap:....didnt you invent tools? so wouldnt you know how to use em....lol...jp

dats fuked up but funny az hell lmao!

mkymonkey
12-22-2006, 12:14 PM

touche...that was funny

custom
12-22-2006, 11:20 PM
i went and brought.. well i had my girlfriend brought me a superflow filter from autozone. my "custom fill in filter" ( two body shop rags towels taped on the end of the intake-to keep larger particles out like rocks)rags was full of water. it rained today and water particles started to mix with the air and the car would sputter if it sucked enough air to move the water into the intake. but i noticed that when i put the filter on, after a while of driving without one. the filter seem to make the reving not as sensitive as it was with out it. i dont think its a "superflow" at all. what are yalls opinion on the filter theory, is their a better filter or just a brand name?

88Accord-DX
12-25-2006, 08:23 PM
K&N air filter is pretty top of the line product.

race12001
12-25-2006, 08:40 PM
yea i use to work at advanced down in sanfor and i caught a guy tryin to steal mine one day when i was at work

MessyHonda
12-25-2006, 10:40 PM
yea i use to work at advanced down in sanfor and i caught a guy tryin to steal mine one day when i was at work

did you knock em out?

custom
12-27-2006, 10:58 PM
what about foam filters?