PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto Neons

MyGarbageLXi
09-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Hey fellers, i wanna cram some Red neons under the Drivers and Passenger dash to illumintate the feet area. i dont wanna spend lots of cash so ima go with the ghetto method taht seems to werk for others. but two neons, cut the lighter jack, wire them together and hook them up to a switch, now this seems like a great idea:bh: but now how do i go about doin this??? what do i wire it threw? striaght to the battery? anyone have a Wiring Diagram for this??,

another Question....How is everyones Dome Light Iluminated?? LEds Neons wat?? lemme know , and how do u hookup leds?? or neons to the dome light, keep in mind i want something small enough to stay IN the Dome fixture, but at the same token, BRIGHT enough to illuminate the car in pimp ass red

87accordlx
09-03-2002, 07:26 PM
i painted my bulb blue in my dome light, i just used tamiya clear blue paint for painting car models, get it at any hobby store, and they do make red

1989se-i
09-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Neon green dome light :super:

3rdgenSLIMER
09-04-2002, 02:24 PM
ive got 2 neons hooked to my dome light, and i took the dome light bulb out, so when my doors open the neons come on. its pretty sweet. all you have to do is use the 2 little pegs that the dome light bulb connect to, and figure out which wire from the neon goes to which. its real simple.

MyGarbageLXi
09-04-2002, 03:20 PM
ok thats great about the dome,now ahat about the Ghetto Floor Neons, the ones taht light up ur Feeet?? how do i use the Ghetto 15 dollar ones to wire it to a switch and power it????