PDA

View Full Version : Aerodeck, here I come! (check my pics)

karatekid
12-21-2006, 02:32 PM
So here's the story; I'm just some random norwegian guy that found this page via searching for good forums about accords - and here i am!
I just came over an Aerodeck while searching for a car, my first own car after getting my license actually, and i TOTALLY fell in love with it, the looks remind me of the CRX and the Civic, wich i also love lol. The way they've made the Aerodeck really entices me, a short and hot station wagon lol.
Can't wait till I go get it next wednesday!

I was wondering about bodykits (ofcourse), what can I use, how easy is it to adapt kits that are not made for the car, etcetcetc!

Anyways, my "new" Accord Aerodeck ('88, 2.0 Exi - 312 000 KM).
Here is the beauty (dunno if i really like the rims tho);

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4619/1326455bilde11ol9.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6240/1326455bilde22wv3.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9046/1326455bilde44oa1.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1816/1326455bilde55rb8.jpg

reanimator420
12-21-2006, 02:40 PM
nice find, where some engine shots. man those rims look great

karatekid
12-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I'll get some engine shots when I go get it next wednesday ;)
it's gonna be my christmas present to myself, CAN'T WAIT!

race12001
12-21-2006, 02:45 PM
clean car i wouldnt put a body kit on it though wheels are nice too

karatekid
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Meeh, I'd like to put a bodykit on it - not a big ricer one tho, just to round it off a bit. And I'd like to paint it - any suggestions on what color? I don't exactly love the two-toned black/grey.
We'll see, thanks for the quick replies guys! :)
Btw; what do you think of the price; 1200$ ? (remember that cars are expensive in norway).
312 000KM isn't really that much either imo.

frantik
12-21-2006, 02:53 PM
:welcome: nice aerodeck :)

what're those lumps on the bumper in front of the headlights?

karatekid
12-21-2006, 02:57 PM
thanks for the welcome.
Oh, you meant the small lumps in the bumper RIGHT infront of the flip-lights? Looks like some kind of nozzles. To be honest, I have no idea.

Pico
12-21-2006, 03:01 PM
:welcome:
Sweet Looking Aerodeck and the the rims are nice looking

mkymonkey
12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
dont mess the car up by adding a body kit that will never fit. unless you get the xenon and 89 lxi bumpers. i dunno, just kits and 3geez have never really looked good imo. but then again its your car.

have fun and enjoy the site

karatekid
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't know what the 89 lxi bumpers look like, but i kinda liked the xenon kit - so that could be the one for me. I don't wanna "mess up the car" really, just want to round it off a bit - even tho I like it the way it is, i think there's room for improvement.
And i wasn't thinking of just buying a whole kit tho, i would be totally open to buying different bodykit-parts and modifying em to fit and/or look right.
And one more thing, paint; color suggestions? :)

frantik
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks for the welcome.
Oh, you meant the small lumps in the bumper RIGHT infront of the flip-lights? Looks like some kind of nozzles. To be honest, I have no idea.

hmm.. i'd guess they're supposed to spray water onto the headlight or something then... do you have healight wipers too? hehe

karatekid
12-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Ya, looks like they could be for that purpose - but I don't THINK there are wipers on the headlights (?) lol
That actually left me kinda baffled.

mkymonkey
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
meh i still say body kits are :thumbdn: but thats just my opinion

karatekid
12-21-2006, 03:27 PM
meh i still say body kits are :thumbdn: but thats just my opinion
well, you never know - maybe i'll get it home, and decide it's to cool for plastic, hehe :)

3ghondaerodeck
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
they are indeed headlight washers. (and If you find some more (like, in a junkjard.. I'll be glad to take them off your hands!)

anyway

Welcome to the site fellow aerodeck owner
hope you enjoy your stay, there is a lot of aerodeck info on the site (especially nowadays with Fushi updates and momosega's new aerodeck)

karatekid
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
they are indeed headlight washers. (and If you find some more (like, in a junkjard.. I'll be glad to take them off your hands!)
anyway
Welcome to the site fellow aerodeck owner
hope you enjoy your stay, there is a lot of aerodeck info on the site (especially nowadays with Fushi updates and momosega's new aerodeck)

Sounds great, been reading just about every post on aerodecks here the last days :)

So, since i have the headlightwashers, do i have the wipers too (originaly)? I haven't seen the car IRL yet, so.

3ghondaerodeck
12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
no wipers i'm sorry
but those things spray pretty hard
I also saw that you have heated seats, nice, especially in norway, are you freezing your butt off already? I'm in holland and it doesn't look like winter here..

killa_16
12-21-2006, 03:56 PM
nice find:) so wut r ur plans on da car besides a bodykit?

edit: as far as performance

shepherd79
12-21-2006, 03:57 PM
if you want to see what will fit on aerodeck go here http://www.hondapapst.de/ca5.start.html it is in German, but the picture can tell. they have a lot of links.

i also like this aerodeck.
http://www.hondapapst.de/62206339_4.jpg

http://www.hondapapst.de/65836066_1.jpg

very nice conversion. i like it.

3ghondaerodeck
12-21-2006, 03:59 PM
woooo, thats an ugly aerodeck... blech..
(sorry, aerodecks have to have flip headlights, that thing is nasty (in a bad way))

karatekid
12-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, first of all; I don't have any clear plans yet - just brainstorming, dunno if i really want to do much to the performance, I need a car that drives well in the winter too, hehe :)
5 days till I go get the car, i'll prolly take loads of pics and throw em up here when i get it!
to 3ghondaerodeck; nah, not really freezing yet, we just had a few days of snow and -degrees, but now it has rained away :/ *wishes for a white christmas*
Thx for the link on styling Sheperd, gonna check it out asap.. hope there are some nice kits wich rounds it a bit off, but still keeps it retro :)
Oh, and BTW - if anyone knows where i can get some leather for my aerodeck, i'd love to know!

shepherd79
12-21-2006, 04:24 PM
leather for aerodeck was very rare option. Some of them came from a factory.
So far i have seen only 1 aerodeck with leather and the guy lives in germany.

MessyHonda
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
cool another aerodeck....:welcome: to the site..and post some pics when you get it.

karatekid
12-21-2006, 05:33 PM
*cheers for aerodecks*
I was thinking of more like, seatcovers (in leather) or something like that that'd fit - doesn't have to be made especially for the aerodeck if it fits/can be fitted.
Well, we'll deal with this when i get the car - let's hope i don't destroy it on the way home lol, it's a 5 hour drive each way.
Thanks for all the welcomes, great so see a forum dedicated to my new interest :)

reanimator420
12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
you should throw a lude steering wheel in there asap!!

karatekid
12-21-2006, 05:45 PM
you should throw a lude steering wheel in there asap!!
what model? show me piccies ;)
I was thinking of a smaller steeringwheel, like momo or something - but i don't think it'll suit the style of the aerodeck.

MessyHonda
12-21-2006, 06:13 PM
what model? show me piccies ;)
I was thinking of a smaller steeringwheel, like momo or something - but i don't think it'll suit the style of the aerodeck.

i got one...its from the 88-91 prelude...you have to shave the back of it but it fits fine....i also got 88-91 prelude seats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2217Small.jpg

karatekid
12-21-2006, 06:30 PM
i got one...its from the 88-91 prelude...you have to shave the back of it but it fits fine....i also got 88-91 prelude seats.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2217Small.jpg
Got any closer/better pics of the steeringwheel? :)

MessyHonda
12-21-2006, 07:35 PM
thats not the one...i have it on my other car. but yeah everything hooks up even the cruise control buttons work

karatekid
12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
thats not the one...i have it on my other car. but yeah everything hooks up even the cruise control buttons work
Got any pics? is there cruise control on the '88 aerodeck Ex? :O
I find out more and more about this car every day, as you see i knew just about nothing when i joined lol.

snoopyloopy
12-21-2006, 09:04 PM
looks good. how much are you paying for it? and i'm with the others. there's no such thing as a bodykit to "round out" a 3g. the only ones that look good are the ones that highlight the boxyness of the car. bc the round ones, they just don't flow with the car's lines.

karatekid
12-21-2006, 09:19 PM
looks good. how much are you paying for it? and i'm with the others. there's no such thing as a bodykit to "round out" a 3g. the only ones that look good are the ones that highlight the boxyness of the car. bc the round ones, they just don't flow with the car's lines.
I'd like to disagree, about a year ago, i saw an aerodeck wich had a front bumper that made it a tad more round in the front - and thought it looked great, even tho i then didn't even know what kinda car it was lol, guess it was made and adjusted by a "pro" anyways.
But as i said, i may decide not to put any bodyparts on it - we'll see when i get it. Oh, and i'm paying approx 1200$for it, that's 8000 norwegian kroner, wich is a REALLY cheap car in norway :)

I got another question for you guys - were there only made Ex-models of the 86-89 aerodeck? (with seatwarmers, electric windows, cruise control, etc)

Cause in the advert for the car, he called it a Exi 2.0, and i haven't seen any stickers or anything like that on the car - the only pics i've seen are the ones i've put in this post.
Almost starting to worry that this isn't a Exi, hehe - don't wanna be ripped off from all of the electronic goodies on the Exi :)

3ghondaerodeck
12-22-2006, 01:51 AM
there is no cruise control on an aerodeck.. I've never seen one.

it looks to me like it's an ex-i. you have the same interior as I do and electric antenna, heated seats and headlight washers. I'm pretty sure it's an ex-i.
I've only once seen a two-tone aerodeck in real life. so if I were you, I'd keep it that way. but then again, if I were you I wouldn't put a bodykit on..

karatekid
12-22-2006, 09:12 AM
there is no cruise control on an aerodeck.. I've never seen one.
it looks to me like it's an ex-i. you have the same interior as I do and electric antenna, heated seats and headlight washers. I'm pretty sure it's an ex-i.
I've only once seen a two-tone aerodeck in real life. so if I were you, I'd keep it that way. but then again, if I were you I wouldn't put a bodykit on..

That's cool, not that i would even use cruise control lol - always cool to have gadgets tho.
About the two-toned color, not really a fan, i think it'd look better in whole black or silver - but if it's rare, as you say - i would have to think twice before i do anything (if the paint job is original)
And yeah, I'm getting alot of beef for wanting to put a bodykit on it - you guys are true enthusiasts.. We'll see when i get it, i may even think (as i said earlier) that it's too cool for plastic ;) I didn't know much about these cars before i decided to buy one - so i haven't reached your level of enthusiasm of the car's looks yet, but i DO think it's cool.

karatekid
12-22-2006, 09:19 AM
5 days till i go get it, everyone cross their fingers for it going smoothly! :)
This is my christmas present to myself, i seriously feel like a kid on christmas eve, can't WAIT!

2oodoor
12-22-2006, 09:40 AM
well, you never know - maybe i'll get it home, and decide it's to cool for plastic, hehe :)
It is too cool,:welcome:
I would loose the foglights, or get a conservative body kit for the front bumper cover and have different fog lights inside the bumper cover.
I really like the car as it is otherwise, awesome find. just tint the glass and give it a little bit more power and your set.

karatekid
12-22-2006, 09:51 AM
It is too cool,:welcome:
I would loose the foglights, or get a conservative body kit for the front bumper cover and have different fog lights inside the bumper cover.
I really like the car as it is otherwise, awesome find. just tint the glass and give it a little bit more power and your set.

Those foglights are going off the car ASAP when i get it, that was my plan from the day i saw the pics - i don't like them at ALL.
I'll prolly tint the rear sidewindows when we get closer to spring :)
thx for the welcome

MessyHonda
12-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Those foglights are going off the car ASAP when i get it, that was my plan from the day i saw the pics - i don't like them at ALL.
I'll prolly tint the rear sidewindows when we get closer to spring :)
thx for the welcome

cool sell em to me. :thumbup:

momosega
12-22-2006, 10:10 AM
nice aerodeck! A friend in France has the same 2 colors! Original!

karatekid
12-22-2006, 11:12 AM
cool sell em to me. :thumbup:
Guess i could do that ;) Hit me up with a PM, and we'll talk after i go get it!
So two-toned aerodecks are even more rare? I hope it looks better irl then what it looks like on those pics, i don't really like it.
I wonder if i'm going to turn out like you guys - and almost only put original stuff on my aerodeck, and refuse to change it, hehe :)
Seriously, can't these days go faster? I can't think of anything else than getting my aerodeck LOL.

3ghondaerodeck
12-23-2006, 06:29 AM
keep it two tone.
And once you drive it you'll soon be like us, members of the accord cult

karatekid
12-23-2006, 07:17 AM
keep it two tone.
And once you drive it you'll soon be like us, members of the accord cult

Hehe, we'll see - i don't doubt it ;) 4 more days!

karatekid
12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, 3 days left till i get the car!

karatekid
12-25-2006, 07:47 PM
One day left!
I'm gonna put up some engine pics when i get it home :)

3ghondaerodeck
12-27-2006, 10:31 AM
where are the pics? I want to see more pics!

karatekid
12-28-2006, 08:11 AM
here are a FEW new pics. Got the car yesterday and haven't had much time to take pics.
There's a little rust here and there on the car, so I think i'm gonna sand it down and do a new paintjob on it when we get closer to summer :)
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture010qi4.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture011yo0.jpg

shepherd79
12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
pictures don't work.

Pico
12-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Here you go I got them posted up for you :welcome:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/picture010qi4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/picture011yo0.jpg

MessyHonda
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
no fogs and no rims...man

karatekid
12-28-2006, 11:42 PM
no fogs and no rims...man
Hehe, I have alu's on the summertires. And the foglights are taken off, they looked like crap - I'll get some new ones when I can afford it :)

Thanks for fixing my pics, imageshack.us was crapping out on me when I uploaded em.

Cheeseburger
12-29-2006, 12:30 AM
cool maing!

3ghondaerodeck
12-29-2006, 02:20 AM
it looks really cool, and I know about rust... I recently discovered 5 rustholes in my aerodeck, and I welded about 4 other ones.

keep it two tone, it looks great!