PDA

View Full Version : i hate my honda

Beanshonda55
12-22-2006, 02:00 PM
well today i was hooking up my amp to the speakers and it was working great. so then i was sitting in my car with it idiling and all the sudden my sound cut out. so then i pulled the car back upto the garage and when i get out i see a big poudle of engine oil were i was parked. i tried to find the leak but oil were every where. now im probaly going to swap in an my other engine with 90000 miles on it, if i cant find the problem.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-22-2006, 02:05 PM
If oil is coming from the back of the engine, check your oil filter, oil filter base, and the PCV vent hose going to the oil sump. What do you mean when you say that oil is everywhere? Splattered around the engine compartment? That would mean that its getting on the belts, which would point to a major leak in the belt area. You've got camshaft and crankshaft seals in that area. Also the oil pump is right above the crankshaft. The oil pan gasket may have sprung a leak, which in some cases is also very major. Spray it down with degreaser and clean it up a bit. Run the engine and then see where that oil is coming from. This would tell you whether swapping another engine in is easier than fixing whatever issue has surfaced. HTH

Cheeseburger
12-22-2006, 02:06 PM
sucks maing!

Civic Accord Honda
12-22-2006, 07:28 PM
that sucks...l... but never say you hate a honda :(

AccordEpicenter
12-22-2006, 10:57 PM
ive only said i hated one honda ever, that was my 95 LX.

snoopyloopy
12-23-2006, 02:33 PM
and while this one is out, build it up before you put it back in. you won't regret it.

Beanshonda55
12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
i would rebuild the engine but my dad wont let me. so some time this christmas break im going to pull the engine, clean and paint the enginebayand clean up theengine im putting in and get that all done.

race12001
12-24-2006, 10:07 AM
ive said that about my honda several times it might be your rear main seal

Beanshonda55
12-24-2006, 11:02 AM
wellim not going to tryto fix the oil leak im just going to swap to my other engine because i got some time on my hand before i turn 16.

race12001
12-24-2006, 12:39 PM
well if thats the case when you take the one that leaks out why not build it up and go turbo

Beanshonda55
12-24-2006, 02:55 PM
well i would like to build it up but im 15 my dad probaly wouldnt let me but im going to keep that engine and probaly do it when im older.

MessyHonda
12-24-2006, 04:27 PM
damn i didnt knoe you were that young...anyways...keep the blown engine and just take it to a shop when you have money....a engine build can cost alot of money....1k at least.

race12001
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
but if he is that young he has time to do a little at a timeand when he turns 16 he will have more done to his car than the rest of his peers

Beanshonda55
12-24-2006, 05:59 PM
i turn 16 in april and my plan from the begining was to build up my other motor, and then swap it in when i was done but no the motor thats craped out. right know all i have done to the engine is cold air intake, plugs and wires, stage 1 clutch and 4th gen map sensor and almost new interior. so ill probally just start buying all the other parts for the rebiuld slowlybut surly. i will probally do all the work myself except boring it out and probally some other stuff.

MessyHonda
12-24-2006, 06:12 PM
i turn 16 in april and my plan from the begining was to build up my other motor, and then swap it in when i was done but no the motor thats craped out. right know all i have done to the engine is cold air intake, plugs and wires, stage 1 clutch and 4th gen map sensor and almost new interior. so ill probally just start buying all the other parts for the rebiuld slowlybut surly. i will probally do all the work myself except boring it out and probally some other stuff.

i would do a compresion test....dry/wet it will tell you if its the pistons or the valves.