PDA

View Full Version : Best Price for Alternator

de7ached
12-24-2006, 02:30 AM
Been hearing squealing lately, figured was grease on a belt, or a loose belt. So tightened em, and went away. Past day or 2 been back again, figured nothin. Went to go get a few tools at the store (water pipe bursted, fun stuff) my accord decided to make my day worse. Thought my interior lights looked a bit dim, so popped the hood, battery read 11.2v and slowly falling. Reved up really high, got .3v, and began slowly falling. Well, the squealing, to our best guess, was probably the bearing going out in my alternator, cause it's gone now, and my alternator only puts out 1.4v at 4000rpm, YAY.

Probably will end up doing phone calls tomorrow, but didn't know if anyone was on late like me, and knew a place with a good price on a high output. Figure if I gotta replace it, might as well replace it with what I planned to soon anyways.

Edit: would rather get a high output than a height output, lol, i'm tired, sorry.

de7ached
12-24-2006, 02:42 AM
And it hit my mind, tomorrow is not only Sunday, but is x-mas eve. So... feel free to give ideas, cause I doubt many parts stores will be open long tomorrow.

MessyHonda
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
i went to the parts store today...i bet they just close early...anyways from what pico said the 2nd gen prelude 84-87 has the same engine as ours...make sure its the fuel injected prelude...it came with a 70amp alternator that would work and you only need a spacer so you can bolt it up...just pack a shit load of washers and you are set....good luck buddy

de7ached
12-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, thanks.

I should of seen it coming. Just got done burying the water line. We gotta rent a trench digger next week, only got it maybe 1.5ft through the driveway, too much rock and gravel.

Sucks, cause I had a cupholder and arm rest I was hopin to finally get (more the cupholder), and was hopin to get a new carpet kit next paycheck. Now all of this stuff goin wrong, lol. Bought it for $100 back in march (was barely worth that to me or the guy I bought it from) and everytime I get to the interior, the engine kicks somethin at me.