PDA

View Full Version : Door dash lights acting funky, could they be the cause of my battery drain?

gsus
12-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I think my door courtesy lights on the dashboard are acting funky. You know the ones that tell you if the a door or your trunk is open? When I have the car on, they work like a charm... but as soon as i turn off the car, the door lights don't work anymore.

I probably didn't need a video to show what I'm talking about... but here is one anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssqNoeRY5_w

the video starts off, with the car on & the door closed. I open the door (dash light comes on) and then I turn the car off with he door open (dash light turns off).

So yeah, is that normal? do you guys think that this is what could be draining my battery? I know it doesn't make sense for the battery to drain when those lights go off... but it's the only thing that i can think of that is malfunctioning.

I had a similar problem before where my a/c fan stayed on no matter what, but i temporarily solved the problem by disconnecting the fan. now i'm having something else drain the batter all of a sudden (weeks later). Or could it just be that my battery is going out, or possibly even my alternator?

Oldblueaccord
12-31-2006, 07:23 PM
pull the fuse it one way to prove its drawing the battery down or not.

wp

1ajs
12-31-2006, 11:25 PM
you checked to see if any other lights are not on... glove box trunk.. doors