PDA

View Full Version : Car Wont Start Please Help!!

ahmad89
12-28-2006, 01:20 AM
i have an 89 accord DX its fuel injected im sure.
Heres my problem, i changed my spark plugs and when i tried to start it, it would want to start but just wont start up. It would start to kinda sputter then go back to trying to crank. I put the old spark plugs back and still wont start up. I got new BOSCH platinum 2+ and it still wouldnt start. Please help me asap i need to get this car running again.

smufguy
12-28-2006, 07:34 AM
all DX in stock form are all carburettors. You might have gotten the firing sequence wrong, Cyl 1 is the far right end (as in close to the cramgear) and the Cyl 4 is the one near the Transmission.

trace the wires u connected to the cap on the distrubutor which luckily has markings like I, II, III, IIII to determine the cylinder numbers. just connect them like cyl 1 to I, cyl2 to II and so forth.

also, dont flood ur car either by cranking too long. if its too cold outside and the carb is frozen, it might not catch up right away and all u would end up doing is flood the carb which will just worsen it. So let it sit in the sun for a while before u crank it again.

PS: someone move this to the Carb Tech please

ahmad89
12-28-2006, 09:27 AM
i plugged the wires in order of lenght the shortest one is connected to the one closes to the distributor and so on.

shepherd79
12-28-2006, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=ahmad89]i plugged the wires in order of lenght the shortest one is connected to the one closes to the distributor and so on.[/QUOT

make sure they are still connected properly.

are you getting any gas in a carburator?

3G Jester
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
i plugged the wires in order of lenght the shortest one is connected to the one closes to the distributor and so on.

oh man. :(
what you should have done was replace the wires one at a time.....replacing them from shortest to longest. that way you dont screw up what goes where. did you just pull them all off at the same time then just reattach them all?

ahmad89
12-28-2006, 10:38 AM
yea i took them off then plugged in the new ones in the right order but i returned the spark plug wires. I found out that some of my plugs arnt black when i take them out they are coated with gas. That might be why it wont start? the plugs arnt getting anything to spark them. How can i fix this?

shepherd79
12-28-2006, 11:59 AM
check your coil and distributor.

ahmad89
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
i got it working i had the wires mixed up thank you very much for all your help much appreciated.

MessyHonda
12-28-2006, 08:35 PM
i got it working i had the wires mixed up thank you very much for all your help much appreciated.

i knew that was your prob....i thought you were going to get NGK plugs?

ahmad89
12-28-2006, 09:08 PM
the only NGK plugs i had for some reason now wouldnt fit, like when i was putting them in it would stop like half way and get real hard to tighten it even with WD-40 plus they only have 1 prong and the bosch have 2 prongs so more spark, i still have the ngk spark plug wires the ones i already had. Thx for all your help too messy especially with the turn signal.

MessyHonda
12-28-2006, 09:17 PM
i said i had the bosch 4+ so i have 4 prongs...it does not mean 4 times the spark...electricity is like water it takes the path with less resistance..so wut ever of the 4 it goes it still works like 1....thats why i stick with NGK and just upgraded the coil and wires. so yeah...no prob man...its always nice to help out a person...take some pics of your car when you get time and post em up.

ahmad89
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
lol now i have another problem i was driving home and on the way home my car just stalled twice while i was driving! i had to put it in neutral and start it up. Whats wrong now?

88Accord-DX
12-29-2006, 07:21 PM
There could be a whole slew of things to make a car stall.

The problem with just starting in nuetral, can check out neutral safety switch for continuity. (need a chart for it) Check you shift linkage adjustment too.

smufguy
12-31-2006, 06:28 AM
lol now i have another problem i was driving home and on the way home my car just stalled twice while i was driving! i had to put it in neutral and start it up. Whats wrong now?

was your car warmed up before you drove?

ahmad89
01-04-2007, 07:20 AM
i warm my car up all the time i wont post in this thread anymore please go to my other thread in carb tech.