was searching and not sure if anyone would be interested in this car

http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/254857607.html

http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/249727573.html

MessyHonda
12-29-2006, 07:49 AM
no pics tho

2ndGenGuy
12-29-2006, 08:32 AM
You should buy it and swap your engine into it. :) It'll be faster than the 3g with that motor in it because it's so much lighter. The 2g club is also much more exclusive.

Here's an 82/83 model:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/farezCA2/P1010363.jpg

MessyHonda
12-29-2006, 09:22 AM
i would not bother to swap an A20 into any other car...its pointless when you can put in a b or H into it

Cheeseburger
12-29-2006, 09:48 AM
wow! cool

Foxy3GLXI
12-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I just might see if something like that would work

Cheeseburger
12-29-2006, 10:09 AM
good luck!

2ndGenGuy
12-29-2006, 11:08 AM
i would not bother to swap an A20 into any other car...its pointless when you can put in a b or H into it

The above car does have a B-series in it. So yeah it can be done.

MessyHonda
12-29-2006, 11:56 AM
The above car does have a B-series in it. So yeah it can be done.

yeah i knoe...i saw the pics..but that is in malysia...i never seen one in the USA...plus you would have to get a fuel injected car...and 85 se-is are rare.

denhonda
12-29-2006, 01:23 PM
this is a cheap old barge... http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/254852793.html

& this... http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/252910164.html

Ichiban
12-29-2006, 01:26 PM
yeah i knoe...i saw the pics..but that is in malysia...i never seen one in the USA...plus you would have to get a fuel injected car...and 85 se-is are rare.

WTF?

That car is an 82-83. I'm dumping an A20A4 into my 82, and it was never fuel injected.

2ndGenGuy
12-29-2006, 01:59 PM
You don't HAVE to put a B-series or injected motor in one of these. They've only got like 76hp in the US anyways. A slightly modified carb'd A20 will easily be over 105hp. It's a good bump and will put most modern Civics to shame.

PhydeauX
12-29-2006, 05:53 PM
...though in an 82-83 the a20 swap is just as much work as a b series swap... It doesn't drop in like it does in the 84-85s. With the amount of time and effort its going to take to swap in an early 2g you might as well swap a b-series to have more options available.

btw... that 2g is hawt

andy

Ichiban
12-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Andy,

I gotta make the front motor mount, and some headers. I'm either gonna do the Se-i knuckle swap, or use an A16 or early prelude tranny. I think that's pretty straightforeward for a swap. Also, the efi conversion at the same time.

MessyHonda
12-31-2006, 09:21 AM
You don't HAVE to put a B-series or injected motor in one of these. They've only got like 76hp in the US anyways. A slightly modified carb'd A20 will easily be over 105hp. It's a good bump and will put most modern Civics to shame.

thats why i cant wait for your swap maing:)

PhydeauX
12-31-2006, 07:42 PM
How'd you get the rear mount to line up? When I first started to drop the a20 into my 83 way back when neither would line up. The a20 block was an inch or two longer then the EK was. This pushes the diff casing over an inch or so as well. Keeping the shift rod from lining up and the axles from lining up right. Unless you've found a way to center the engine back up in the car you might have some unforeseen issues ahead. If you want I can post up what I remember of my failed attempt to swap an a20 into an 83. I think all my posts about that were on the old af or ezboard forums so they won't be found in the archives. BTW the reason that the swap failed was because when I removed the front crossmember I found that its mount had almost completely rusted away and it was cheaper and easier for me to buy the non-running 85 for $100 then bothering to fix the 83.

andy

Vanilla Sky
12-31-2006, 08:01 PM
i thought phrenology had his 2gee hatch running with an a20a3.

Holy^ghost
01-01-2007, 01:07 AM
can someone make a how to website on how to make a B or H swap into an 84/85 accord cause I'm taking auto shop and ill frigging try it then sell my A16A to anyone its got 100,098KMs on it. or at least a how to website for the A202A swap. and you can swap an A20A3 injected into a 84 accord easy all you need is the fuel tank(in tank pump) and ECU and engine/tranny from an 88 or 89 accord. but someone please put a how to on how to swap a B16, B18, H22A, H23A, or F22B engine into an 84 accord like list all the parts you need and all the mounts you would have to make and then ill try to do it and put a 2Geez logo on my car when i do it. also have a video of me owning some local ricers.

MessyHonda
01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
can someone make a how to website on how to make a B or H swap into an 84/85 accord cause I'm taking auto shop and ill frigging try it then sell my A16A to anyone its got 100,098KMs on it. or at least a how to website for the A202A swap. and you can swap an A20A3 injected into a 84 accord easy all you need is the fuel tank(in tank pump) and ECU and engine/tranny from an 88 or 89 accord. but someone please put a how to on how to swap a B16, B18, H22A, H23A, or F22B engine into an 84 accord like list all the parts you need and all the mounts you would have to make and then ill try to do it and put a 2Geez logo on my car when i do it. also have a video of me owning some local ricers.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49155
:welcome:

Ichiban
01-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I had the original EL mount bolted to the back of my ET-2 twin carb engine and prelude tranny. I dropped in the engine and tranny, sat it on the rear mount, bolted up the side mount and started taking measurements for the front mount. I didn't notice if the tranny casing or shift linkage was off, I hadn't done any of it up yet. Are you saying I have to shove the entire engine towards the drivers fender? Great. I'm already tight for room there with the alternator and crank pulley.
See if you can't dig up what went on with your 83.

I'm assuming the Et2 and A20 blocks have the same dimensions. Could it have been the tranny?

PhydeauX
01-02-2007, 10:07 AM
guyhatesmycar:

It sounds like you've gone at it pretty much the same way I did. I was using an a20a3 (for all intents and purposes an identical block to the ET) and a trans from an ET equipped 85 prelude. My 83 originally had an EK in it so one of the possibilities could be that the EL rear mount is different then the EK's. The other could be in the drivers side mount. Because I started with an a20a3 I had to swap the drivers side mount with the EK's mount since the 3g mount is completely different. IIRC, though its been a while, I think think the 2.5g and 2g lude mount will work with the early 2g drivers mount. Is that the route you took? I didn't think of it at the time and never tried it. If so that could be it. If the mount was shorter that'd pull the engine over to the car's left a bit and straiten things out. If you have a chance can you compare the EL and ET driver's side mount?

andy

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
( SpeedCamp )
( OWNS )
( U ALL )
-------------
.....O
........O ^__^
..........o (oo)\_____
.............(__)\.........)\/\
................||----w |
................||.......||

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 10:15 AM
moooooooo

Foxy3GLXI
01-02-2007, 10:17 AM
you guys are nuts

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 10:19 AM
thats what i said too when i saw it

reanimator420
01-02-2007, 10:22 AM
( SpeedCamp )
( OWNS )
( U ALL )
-------------
.....O
........O ^__^
..........o (oo)\_____
.............(__)\.........)\/\
................||----w |
................||.......||

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
reanimator420 ur avatar pic is looking at that cow like "mmmm tasty!" haha

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 10:28 AM
reanimator420 ur avatar pic is looking at that cow like "mmmm tasty!" haha

lol..he wants the beef

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
lol..he wants the beef
hahaha " you gots beef yO!" lol..

reanimator420
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
lol so true. damn you steven (points to avatar) your too fat. i guess he wants a steak!!lol

PhydeauX
01-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Holy^ghost:

While that thread that messy posted is a good general over view its not going to be the same as outlined in that thread. 1st because those place racing swap mounts don't exist any more, and 2 even if you did manage to find a set they wouldn't work on a 2g. The 3g motor works into the 2.5g because all of the 2.5g mount, brackets, and accessories are direct bolt ons to the 3g motor. The engine bays are completely different. I made a big post on this a long time ago, since this topic comes up every so often. If you can find it it might make a good read, though its not going to tell you how to do it. A quick synopsis is if you can make the custom mounts and axles then it'll work. The only b-series swaps I've heard about in 2g's are from Malaysia and I don't know if any of them have a web site. Here's an old link I picked up about a guy in the UK who swapped a camry v6 into the back of his mk1 mr2 http://www.mr2mk1club.com/V6MR2.html. This is basically what you're in for. A lot of the info is specific to his swap and converting a camry v6 to 5 speed but there is a lot of good custom swap information in there too. Pay particular attention to how he placed the engine and made the motor mounts. You may or may not be able to hybrid some axles together but getting them custom made is always an option, it just costs money. At this point it'd be the same regardless of what engine you started with, b-series, f-series, h-series, k-series; you could start with v6 out of a legend if you wanted to as long as it'll fit between the radiator and firewall. The amount or work involved would be about the same. Hell the engine doesn't even have to come from honda. But you see what you're getting into.

andy

Ichiban
01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
guyhatesmycar:

It sounds like you've gone at it pretty much the same way I did. I was using an a20a3 (for all intents and purposes an identical block to the ET) and a trans from an ET equipped 85 prelude. My 83 originally had an EK in it so one of the possibilities could be that the EL rear mount is different then the EK's. The other could be in the drivers side mount. Because I started with an a20a3 I had to swap the drivers side mount with the EK's mount since the 3g mount is completely different. IIRC, though its been a while, I think think the 2.5g and 2g lude mount will work with the early 2g drivers mount. Is that the route you took? I didn't think of it at the time and never tried it. If so that could be it. If the mount was shorter that'd pull the engine over to the car's left a bit and straiten things out. If you have a chance can you compare the EL and ET driver's side mount?

andy

I have to confirm on the drivers mount, but as I remember we drilled out the holes on the EL mount to allow us to bolt up the ET2, and later I'd gotten a Prelude mount that actually had the holes in the right places. As for the rest of the mounts, the tranny mount, rear engine mount and side (top) mount were all engaged correctly. We did not confirm diff locations or shift linkage alignment.

If the A-block were in fact longer (distance between front/rear mount centerline and top mount) would this not cause the top mount itself to be the problem, as the front/rear mounts still locate the tranny end of the block where it should be?

We should move the pertinent posts to a thread titled "2g A-series Swap"

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2007, 09:01 PM
i want a 82-83 accord with a A20A3 5speed in it i allredy have the engine lol

3rdgenhatchDX
01-02-2007, 09:24 PM

OR K(series)!

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
OR K(series)!
OMG that would be one hella fast 2gee :jawdrop:

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 11:15 PM
OR K(series)!

too over the top...plus it does not look like it would clear our hood.

PhydeauX
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
guyhatesmycar,

I'll think about splitting this thread up later, I'm being too lazy to do it now. Whether or not the front/back or the drivers side mounts line up is really a matter of which one you connect first. In my case I connected the drivers side first because I figured the front/back would be easier to fabricate. But any way I did measure the blocks and found the EK to be an inch or so shorter then the A20. I couldn't see the EL block being longer then an EK. I had pictures of all this at one point but they were lost in a hard drive crash long ago.

andy