PDA

View Full Version : [B]problems with 87 accord idle and drivability[/B]

tomsmith
12-29-2006, 03:01 PM
i have an 87 accord lxi that is having some issues. it starts right up with no problems, although it does idle a bit high, close to 2,000 rpm. after a couple minutes give or take, it will drop off to about 1,000 or so then start bouncing up and down. pretty sure it's the idle air bypass, which i have on order. the other problem i'm having is after i've been driving for a while and the car warms up, the pgm-fi light comes on(it's done that for a while, but never had any problems until recently when i stopped to get gas). got about a couple miles from the gas station and the car started to bog down and hesitate when i accelerate from a stop. at first i thought it was just some bad gas, but i've had several tanks of gas through it since then and some fuel system treatment, and the same thing keeps happeninig. if i keep a steady pressure on the gas pedal, it will eventually get up to speed, or if i punch it the passing gear will kick in and it will accelerate fine. it doesn't do this all the time, and it will only do it when the engine is warm. also, there are some vacuum lines that run from the control box in the rear left corner of the engine bay that has two lines that run to a tube that goes from the air filter box to the T/B, one of the nipples, for lack of a better word, is broken, and i can't find anything to reattach it, epoxy resins, two part plastic resins, silicone, etc. don't know what it is or what it does.
i've checked the tps, and it's fine, have a complete new exhaust from the down pipe back, including the cat. new o2 sensor, and new fuel filter.