PDA

View Full Version : Starter

russiankid
12-29-2006, 08:33 PM
So when i was putting the starter back on after replacing the clutch, i noticed that you can adjust the starter when it's on the tranny because the top bolt has a groove for it. So im just wondering, how could you possibly adjust it when you cannot see the flywheel? And the gear being retracted?

88Accord-DX
12-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I think there is a plate in there, sure you're not missing that?

ghettogeddy
12-29-2006, 09:00 PM
i don't remember having a plate there lol is it possible to have 2 dif size flywheels

russiankid
12-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I put it the starter back to the way i took it off, and i never had a problem before. And i think there was a plate there.

88Accord-DX
12-29-2006, 09:02 PM
See where the starter bolts? I beleive that is a plate in there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/A20A1backonlift.jpg?t=1167454459

russiankid
12-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Well idk, i'll see how it goes tomorrow.

MessyHonda
12-31-2006, 09:28 AM
See where the starter bolts? I beleive that is a plate in there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/A20A1backonlift.jpg?t=1167454459

hot engine Derek...

2oodoor
10-11-2008, 09:24 AM
what friggen plate?
I am stuck again, I am using the A20A1 automatic starter on the black top B20A with automatic, and it will not enguage. I think it is not pitched right. Help

meanwhile Im going back out and try spacing the bolts with washers.

forrest89sei
10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Have you tried a Lude B20 Starter?

Oldblueaccord
10-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Is there a thin metal plate that goes between the bell and the starter maybe. I never had an A20 out actually. Some cars you can "tune" the starter to the ring gear by turning it while someone cranks on it. Not really a fun process.

wp

AccordB20A
10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
they may have two bo0lt holes but the starter doesnt move, i can bolt mine in with one bolt down the bottom and it stays solid. i think it might be so you can use the start between auto and manual.

Demon1024
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
never seen a plate on any of mine

2oodoor
10-12-2008, 01:46 AM
thanks guys
lucky I didn't have to find this plate. I took a break and then went to sit in the car and listen to the stereo some, just wishing I could drive the car , I miss driving it so bad.. anyway :rolleyes: I noticed a lot of relay clicking and the tach jumping anytime I turned something on like reverse lights, turn sig, etc. So I went back out under the hood and found two wires taped together, both black, coming out of the rear engine area harness, the eyelet was broke off so I made a fresh ground there. Then I took the battery ground off and saw that the only thing it goes to was a bracket on the tranny, (definately going for more ground cables if that is all they are using) On the battery I saw a black film of stuff so I cleaned it off good, connected it all back up and hit the starter jumper I had rigged up. BAM it started over.
Now for the coolest part, I went inside the car and hit the key, vrooom the dam car busted right off. The amazing thing was this motor has set up for I know at least 5 years, and I had an unknown distributor JY D16zc, had the timing belt off, a freshly rejetted carb. had not set the dizzy timing yet but yet the motor sat there idling just like it had already been run. I was estatic. Great, so I did some preliminary adjusting and blasted the neighboors with my totaly open exhaust or a few minutes.
I have a few things to button up before a test drive.
The battery terminal looked good at a glance but up close You could see the black goo, something to keep in mind when you start having wierd electrical issues.

A18A
10-12-2008, 01:53 AM
b20a's are good like that :thumbup:

Dr_Snooz
10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
thanks guys
lucky I didn't have to find this plate. I took a break and then went to sit in the car and listen to the stereo some, just wishing I could drive the car , I miss driving it so bad.. anyway :rolleyes: I noticed a lot of relay clicking and the tach jumping anytime I turned something on like reverse lights, turn sig, etc. So I went back out under the hood and found two wires taped together, both black, coming out of the rear engine area harness, the eyelet was broke off so I made a fresh ground there. Then I took the battery ground off and saw that the only thing it goes to was a bracket on the tranny, (definately going for more ground cables if that is all they are using) On the battery I saw a black film of stuff so I cleaned it off good, connected it all back up and hit the starter jumper I had rigged up. BAM it started over.
Now for the coolest part, I went inside the car and hit the key, vrooom the dam car busted right off. The amazing thing was this motor has set up for I know at least 5 years, and I had an unknown distributor JY D16zc, had the timing belt off, a freshly rejetted carb. had not set the dizzy timing yet but yet the motor sat there idling just like it had already been run. I was estatic. Great, so I did some preliminary adjusting and blasted the neighboors with my totaly open exhaust or a few minutes.
I have a few things to button up before a test drive.
The battery terminal looked good at a glance but up close You could see the black goo, something to keep in mind when you start having wierd electrical issues.

Woohoo! Congrats!

AccordB20A
10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
b20a's are good like that :thumbup:

Yeah they are good like that, dont have to crank them over for long either.