PDA

View Full Version : Work 3G needs new stuff. What do you think

mykwikcoupe
12-31-2006, 12:53 AM
So Ive been trying to figure out why #4 has no compression. Im pretty sure its a smoked valve now. Ive got 1 extra 152k mile a20a that I can toss in there or do I just reassemble one of my b20a engines. It wouldnt be very hard just toss the head back on and throw it in. Its an auot nyways which would make sence since Ive got an auto tranny for a b20a I dont think Id use anywhere else.

Also since it is just a work car even though it is a sei and all, is it worth putting very much time and effort into. The rear end has a bit of body damage to it so the car is in no means mint. Just looking for an idea.

If I did use it for a work car, Id either drive it till it totally dies or id fix it up a little and sell it for funds for a different car. Thats the reason Im a little hesitant on using the b20a. Id hate to have take it out and put back in another engine just to sell it and theres no way Id sell it with the b20a in it. Anyways whay do you think. Remeber drink responcibly on the new years eve. This means dont spill your beer in front of anyone

Civic Accord Honda
12-31-2006, 01:07 AM
b20a

MessyHonda
12-31-2006, 10:55 AM
you can get another head at the junkyard...get it cleaned up and put it on and get that car on the road....and then drive it around and see if it worth to swap in the b20. also it gives you more time to get b20 parts

1ajs
12-31-2006, 11:29 PM
what kinda rear end damig?