PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna nice sounding system! what to get??

forrest89sei
12-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi I plan on getting a Nice 1997 Prelude CD Player to upgrade the audio in my car.

but what to do about speakers?

5 1/4's in front or 6.5's? Dual cone, Coaxial?-Silk cone, plastic, metal?

6.5's in the rear or get 6x9's?

Thanks

Forrest

MessyHonda
12-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi I plan on getting a Nice 1997 Prelude CD Player to upgrade the audio in my car.
but what to do about speakers?
5 1/4's in front or 6.5's? Dual cone, Coaxial?-Silk cone, plastic, metal?
6.5's in the rear or get 6x9's?
Thanks
Forrest

what is your budget. didnt you have a JVC deck?

ghettogeddy
12-31-2006, 11:40 PM
surprize lol

MessyHonda
12-31-2006, 11:43 PM
i knew it...man...just strap a amp to that deck and blow out your speakers and then get new ones.

forrest89sei
12-31-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes I did have a JVC but I'm trading it for a Lude CD Player
I like the lude player since it looks stock, and has OEM rear mount.

My Budget would be like $150 MAX

MessyHonda
12-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Yes I did have a JVC but I'm trading it for a Lude CD Player
I like the lude player since it looks stock, and has OEM rear mount.
My Budget would be like $150 MAX

i dont want to hate but why would you do that...you dont need no stinking rear mount...i just got a pioneer and it plays good...if you were closer i would go over so you can hear it. my friend complemented me and he drives a BMW.

forrest89sei
12-31-2006, 11:58 PM
i dont want to hate but why would you do that...you dont need no stinking rear mount...i just got a pioneer and it plays good...if you were closer i would go over so you can hear it. my friend complemented me and he drives a BMW.

Where I live you do!

Trust me man!

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm whyyyyyyyyyy would youuuuu trade a JVC deck for a stock 97 honda deck

ghettogeddy
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm whyyyyyyyyyy would youuuuu trade a JVC deck for a stock 97 honda deck
shut up

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 11:29 PM
im with cah on this one..... the prelude one has amber lights...so it still does not match but it does look OEM.

labeledsk8r
01-03-2007, 12:25 AM
looks oem other then that theres no gains posible (unless the jvc was complete crap) if your worried about haveing aftermarket head units becuse they atract theives then get one with a removeable face plate, thats one reason i got the head ubnit i had bought (wich i am selling) . what are your reasons for wanting a stock besides it doesnt causs attention

MessyHonda
01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
most of the decks now days have a detachable face..unless its complete crap...i like to have an amp on my car and its nice to have that feature...

labeledsk8r
01-03-2007, 12:45 AM
most of the decks now days have a detachable face..unless its complete crap......

not true, some decks have the fold feture so that you must fold the screen down to insert the cd (my cutlass's Kenwood has it and i hate it) and some have the slideing screens that slide down for more controls. and theres a few other types that arnt as comen. so not all have detachable facplates actully i would say only about half do that are worth anything lol

MessyHonda
01-03-2007, 08:46 PM
not true, some decks have the fold feture so that you must fold the screen down to insert the cd (my cutlass's Kenwood has it and i hate it) and some have the slideing screens that slide down for more controls. and theres a few other types that arnt as comen. so not all have detachable facplates actully i would say only about half do that are worth anything lol

well most that i have seen had detachable faces....i forgot about the hide ones.

Cheeseburger
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
well most that i have seen had detachable faces....i forgot about the hide ones.

well the most popular that companies use are the detachable face.

MessyHonda
01-03-2007, 08:49 PM
well the most popular that companies use are the detachable face.

true cuz i went to circuit city and that feature is standard now

Cheeseburger
01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
circuit city FTW!!!!

MessyHonda
01-03-2007, 10:39 PM
circuit city FTW!!!!

my buddy works at best buy...but even with employe discount it still to much...i dont need anything fancy

Cheeseburger
01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Fry's has better prices!

MessyHonda
01-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Fry's has better prices!

they are a bit far for me...its like a 30 min drive...plus they area always busy and the sells ppl suck.

Cheeseburger
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
they are a bit far for me...its like a 30 min drive...plus they area always busy and the sells ppl suck.

thats the only down fall, they dont have to many and sometimes they get busy, but they have wicked sales sometimes.

MessyHonda
01-04-2007, 02:27 AM
thats the only down fall, they dont have to many and sometimes they get busy, but they have wicked sales sometimes.

if geddy can get a job at frys....any one can...LOL jp

Cheeseburger
01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
if geddy can get a job at frys....any one can...LOL jp

oh thats fucked up...

bigman652
01-05-2007, 10:00 AM
get yourself a little component setup then you will be bumpin.
its lightweight and good sound quality depending on the brand.
look into rockerfosgate(probly spelled it wrong)

Vanilla Sky
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
i sai a set on infinity reference components in the front, a set of infinity reference 2 ways in the back deck, and keep your current CD player. if it's detachable face, take it with you. also, i'm pretty sure every aftermarket unit has a tie down strap in the rear. every one i've had has one. almost no one ever uses it, but they are usually included in the box with the stereo.

if you have an amp, it might be wise to hide it. the plywood trunk floor that's been posted here is perfect for that. mount it on the underside and no one would be the wiser. you could even put a lock on the hatch for extra security.