PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Accord of the Year - guaynabo89

87accordlxi
01-02-2007, 06:47 AM
A big congratulations to guaynabo89 for winning 3geez's highest honor - Accord of the Year! This was the first time we offered the AOY award, and there was an unusually large list of exceptional AOM winners to choose from. 3geez members chose guaynabo89's beautiful hatchback 3g to be the best member's ride here, and I also want to mention and offer congrats to WickedAccord and 88LXi68 for making it all the way to the final round with their cars.

guaynabo89
AOY Winner
AOM Winner: February 2005
Winner: Best Hatch
Nominated by 88LXi68

ENGINE

- 30 over 10 to 1 comp pistons w/ total seal rings
- crower rods
- jg head
- jg t.b.
- jg cam (race)
- port matched intake manifold
- aluminum valve spring retainers
- aluminum flywheel
- underdrive pulleys( all pulleys)
- adj cam gear
- custom fuel rail
- venom injectors
- stillen fuel regulator
- msd 6al
- msd blaster ss
- magnacor wires
- custom c/a/i with bypass valve
- b&m oil cooler
- centerforce clutch
- engine completely rebuilt and balanced
- optima battery

EXHAUST

- DC header (wrapped)
- random tech cat
- 2 1/4 mandrel bent exhaust with remus style muffler

Suspension

- Niche multipiece shocks painted to match
- Sprint spring 2.25" drop
- Koni Dampers on all corners
- camber kits
- suspension techniques sway bars
- dc strut bar
- rear upper strut bar
- rear disc brake conversion
- aem big brake kits(front and rear)
- kvr carbon kevlar pads
- stainless braided brake lines

Exterior
- piaa driving lights h4 conversions with piaa extreme whites custom spoiler and front lip much body parts shaved custom sunroof

Interior
- Custom Leather interior
- two-tone leather with reclining racing seats
- Momo Combat Evo Shifter in carbon
- Momo Challenger Pedals
- Momo Pit Stop E brake handle in carbon
- Custom power door locks with molded switches

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/accord23.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/ac.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/DSC00004-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/acco.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/acc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/accord3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/DSC00025-3.jpg

thegreatdane
01-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Congratulations man that's a beautiful accord! I love that color and that is probably the only car I've seen that makes brown colors on a dash look good. GL with that turbo project if you're still into that!

88LXi68
01-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Well deserved, I feel honored to even have been in the final voting with Dennis and Wicked.

accord_mex
01-02-2007, 08:49 AM
man your car its an inspiration to me,,really man congrats ,,my car its a mess for now,,hope i can repair my car like yours

no se si escribi bien en ingles lo ke keria decir,,pero ahi va en espaņol,,camarada tyu carro es una chingonada,,a veces me aguito cuando veo el mio porke le falta mucho trabajo,,pero cuando veo accords como el tuyo y veo ke si hay piezas para modificarllo ,,me vuelve el animo,,ojala pueda dejkar mi carro como tl tuyo algun dia,,saludos a todos

2oodoor
01-02-2007, 09:14 AM
congrats on the AOY. It is painfully obvious the amount of hard work put into your car, so it is good to see you get some recogintion. Great Job on the Accord!

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 10:00 AM
congrats man! sick car!

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 10:01 AM
congrats Dennis...i knew you were going to win. your car is one of the best cars ive ever seen soo much work and detail but it sure paied off. i hope to see you around more offten.

reanimator420
01-02-2007, 10:19 AM
beautiful car, happy aoy to you!!!

Legend_master
01-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Awsome dude and conradulations, glad to see that everybody agrees that the best accord is a Hatch :lol: .

bullard123
01-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah hatches own. Great looking mint ride. I wish we had that sunny Florida weather here lol!

Pico
01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Congrats Bro.
You deserve AOY for having such a clean ride.

Rockcord
01-02-2007, 12:23 PM
good job! nice car!

carotman
01-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I always loved your Accord. This thing is just insane!

guaynabo89
01-02-2007, 01:47 PM
thanks for all the positive comments.

Ive actually had this car for about 13 years and trust me it was alot of work just to get it to this point. I actually was gonna trade it in or sell it a couple of times along the way but for some reason decided this was a car worth putting some time into,just because everybody else always said that you cant do this or that to that car. So to prove them wrong here it sits. There was alot of fabbing and custom machine work and I cant remember anythign that just dropped in.

The turbo plans are still there and on the way.(crosses fingers) So hopefully Ill put down some respectable numbers upwards of the 300whp range. That is my goal at least so lets see how close I get.

I actually voted for you Steve. Ive always loved the black ls/vtec.

LOL @ evveryones agrees the best accord is the hatch.

I actually voted for you carotman in the 4dr poll.

When I looked back throught hte priliminary voting threads I noticed there are alot and I mean alot of nice clean accords on this site. I never really noticed cause all the good pictures are spread out in different places. Maybe we should compile them in one place. I dont mean like the post your ride thread cause thats just out of hand. Maybe through the vb garage or something make like a slideshow or the like with all the best pictures we have on the site. Just an idea I thught of though.

killa_16
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
u deff had my vote. man i want those rims lol...cant wait 2 c what the future holds 4 dat hatch

BITESIZE
01-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Yay, Let The Hatchies Prevail!!!

speedpenguin
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Congratulations!

forrest89sei
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Congrats MAN!!!

Chef Boyardee
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
So nice, congrats.

EricW
01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Congratulations Dennis.

87lxiaccord
01-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Crongrats Dennis! i voted for ya and the hatch is much nicer in person. I can't wait to have another meet maybe after the turbo work is done??
Good luck on your 300whp I believe in the Hatchie! a20a3 ftw

frantik
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
w00t.. congrats d00d :bow: :bow: :bow:

3rdgenhatchDX
01-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks great! :D

race12001
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
sweet car man congrats on the win at least the sedans didnt get it

A18A
01-03-2007, 11:09 PM
if he's 2006 Accord of the year, who is 2007 Accord of the year?

MessyHonda
01-04-2007, 02:37 AM
if he's 2006 Accord of the year, who is 2007 Accord of the year?

that is going to be desided in dec of 07 :welcome:

A18A
01-04-2007, 02:53 AM
oo i thought it was supossed to be AOY for 2007, so hes not last years AOY or something along those lines.... anyways, congrats :)

flyingmen4
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Congrats dude !! nice Car !:P

Ronnie Harrison
01-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Hey man your car looks great. Keep up the good work.

I was wondering just how much time and money you have invested into the car. It really looks good.

guaynabo89
01-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey man your car looks great. Keep up the good work.
I was wondering just how much time and money you have invested into the car. It really looks good.

lol

timewise Ive had this car since 92 so 14 years is more than enoough time. its only a hobby though since the family comes first.

moneywise you dont even want to know. id say its well over 30grand without the cost of the car.

my buddy wants to build his motor up and I started listing the things just done to the block and it came out to about 4grand just for the block plus things like buying koni struts at about 500 for all 4 the sending them back in to koni to get revalved,shortened, externally adjustable was like an extra8-900 dollars. So you can see things start adding up really fast. Just in those two things theres about 5 grand of money. So it definately takes alot. Not to mention al lthe small things not taken into account like having to get custom made paint done for interior parts (usually like 25-45 a pop depending what I wanted). A couple of grand on the interior about 5 grand in audio/visual. I dont think I have any pictures of that. Plus all the machine work to get parts to fit or get somethign made. Ive spent alot on custon machine work over the years. I couldnt even begin to put a price on that.

But yeah alot of time and alot of money. Unfortunately its not even done yet.:(

I still have a couple of things to do and hopefully they will happen like I plan.

mkymonkey
01-06-2007, 09:01 AM
ok now that your AOY (congrats by the way) you need to post more pics of your car....like detailed pics, awesome photoshoot type of pics blah blah blah. and dont say you dont have time, cuz im one busy guy and i had to make time cuz some guys here kept buggin me....plus the fact that cheese forced me to helped lmao.

but seriously. take more pics of your car. i believe ive only seen like 6. so APURALE HOMES!

guaynabo89
01-06-2007, 10:22 AM
lol yeah i do need some good pics. I need a to invest in a tripod so i can get some good pics.

ive been saying im going to get goop pics for years but so far I syill havent. lol

The only reason I have those pics in this thread is because ericw sent them to me from the last fl meet we had cause if not i woulldnt have any pics at all.

Hash_man_Se_i
01-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Congrats on the well deserved win, even though IMO all of the finalists deserved to win aswell... all are awesome machines. Ever since I joined this site, I have been impressed by your hatch. The custom work that has gone into it, especially the interior is just awesome.

Best of luck on your future plans... And I like your idea about the vbgarage type thing, although... I might be able to use some webspace on a friends site to do it aswell if we can't get it going on 3geez.

SiR
01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Nice work, I am trying to get to Orlando soon, but you know how that works...

Cheeseburger
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
cant wait to see it turbo!

NYnica001
01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
A big congratulations to guaynabo89 for winning 3geez's highest honor - Accord of the Year! This was the first time we offered the AOY award, and there was an unusually large list of exceptional AOM winners to choose from. 3geez members chose guaynabo89's beautiful hatchback 3g to be the best member's ride here, and I also want to mention and offer congrats to WickedAccord and 88LXi68 for making it all the way to the final round with their cars.

guaynabo89
AOY Winner
AOM Winner: February 2005
Winner: Best Hatch
Nominated by 88LXi68

ENGINE

- 30 over 10 to 1 comp pistons w/ total seal rings
- crower rods
- jg head
- jg t.b.
- jg cam (race)
- port matched intake manifold
- aluminum valve spring retainers
- aluminum flywheel
- underdrive pulleys( all pulleys)
- adj cam gear
- custom fuel rail
- venom injectors
- stillen fuel regulator
- msd 6al
- msd blaster ss
- magnacor wires
- custom c/a/i with bypass valve
- b&m oil cooler
- centerforce clutch
- engine completely rebuilt and balanced
- optima battery

EXHAUST

- DC header (wrapped)
- random tech cat
- 2 1/4 mandrel bent exhaust with remus style muffler

Suspension

- Niche multipiece shocks painted to match
- Sprint spring 2.25" drop
- Koni Dampers on all corners
- camber kits
- suspension techniques sway bars
- dc strut bar
- rear upper strut bar
- rear disc brake conversion
- aem big brake kits(front and rear)
- kvr carbon kevlar pads
- stainless braided brake lines

Exterior
- piaa driving lights h4 conversions with piaa extreme whites custom spoiler and front lip much body parts shaved custom sunroof

Interior
- Custom Leather interior
- two-tone leather with reclining racing seats
- Momo Combat Evo Shifter in carbon
- Momo Challenger Pedals
- Momo Pit Stop E brake handle in carbon
- Custom power door locks with molded switches

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/accord23.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/ac.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/DSC00004-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/acco.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/acc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/accord3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/DSC00025-3.jpg
Hey guy congrads thats a hot whip you got there how did you do it and how much did it cost that engine looks awsome!!!. Another thing that i like is tha dash and hood where you get all that stuff and not to mention the rear disk brakes that whip must have some awsome stoping power if you could help me in any way please wright me back or Email me @ [email protected], Thanks and congragulations Peace!!!

guaynabo89
01-07-2007, 07:20 PM
IMO all of the finalists deserved to win aswell... all are awesome machines.

I agree 100%. When i was looking through all the voting threads (sedan, coupe, hatch) I said to myself, " Damn theres alot of nice Accords on this site." Most of the pictures in those threads are good quality pics too which help.

If we could gather up some good quality pics and put them all somewhere. Kinda putting are best face forward to people visiting or even ourselves. It wouldnt matter if they were completely stock as long as they were good quality pics of nice looking cars. Not primered or dented up etc.

or maybe like other boards that have good pictures at the top of the boards the switch on a timer or whenever you navigate through the board.

Rooz buddy You missed it! Jareds finds the time to visit and youre just M.I.A.

lol

yeah hopefully we can meet up somewhere before summer gets here.

nynica

search this board brother. theres alot of info on parts and modifying parts. the how tos and faq sections have alot of information. If you have any specific questions that you cant find the answer feel free to pm me.

lostforawhile
01-07-2007, 09:09 PM
congrats, it's on for next year LOL. new school FI vs. old school carbs. mine is finally going into paint. it looks a bit more worn but thats because I drive it so much. great looking car,saw it in person at that meet in flordia. I think you are the only person on here who has put more time and money into a hatch then I have. glad to see it win. dual carbs and custom oil cooler coming for mine. lots of work ahead. I want to see some progress on that turbo project. post some pictures. if I lived closer I would help you with some of that machine work,I just use the machines when I can. do you do your own work and rent shop time,or do you have someone else do it? :)

momosega
01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
waouh, nice accord you have!:) Can you say me where do you bought your front upper bar please? thank you and a very very nice accord! (in France we don't have this model with 3 doors... only aerodeck!

guaynabo89
01-09-2007, 08:19 PM
sorry buddy i bought the bar about 9 years ago when dc sports was still making them.

youll have to hope someones selling on to get this specific one. people on this forum have modded other car models to fit while other took it one step further and made their own.

hope this helps and thanks for the positive comments

tightwhitelx
01-10-2007, 01:23 PM
man i love this car i remember seeing it at nopi nats a while back here in ga and saw how well your cf hood was painted looks good man also very glad to see that the aoy was given to someone who actually still has a accord engine in there car rather than a b swap.

momosega
01-11-2007, 04:03 AM
sorry buddy i bought the bar about 9 years ago when dc sports was still making them.
youll have to hope someones selling on to get this specific one. people on this forum have modded other car models to fit while other took it one step further and made their own.
hope this helps and thanks for the positive comments

thanks!:)

1320boy
01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Your hatch is my inspiration!!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:cheers: Man.

hotdoghogie
01-12-2007, 04:18 PM
yo man... nice car it is my idol car i want to steal it and butt sex it across town 24/7

one question i have bout it???... what size tires and rims are those... offset... pleez mr. pretty accord guy

guaynabo89
01-14-2007, 05:19 PM
the rims are a regular 17x7 with 205/40/17 size tire. the offset is prob like a 44 mm.

Cheeseburger
01-15-2007, 09:43 AM
MORE PICS!!!!!! yO!

MessyHonda
01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah you should do a accord of the year photo shoot.

LX-incredible
01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Congrats, sweet car man. What did you use for the side moulding? It looks sick.

guaynabo89
01-15-2007, 07:08 PM
More pics will come soon I just havent had to time for the car much lately. I'll probably get some good pics up by end of March or begining of April.

The moulding is just the stock hatch moulding painted the same color as the car.

forrest89sei
01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Congrats MAN!

NICE CAR!!

First AOY! WOOT

hotdoghogie
01-15-2007, 10:16 PM
thnx for the wheel size... i appriciat the favor

Bglad420
01-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Congrats, always liked your car tons of beautiful work!

guaynabo89
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
no problem im here to help

Thanks again for the positive comments

kifo57
01-22-2007, 12:03 PM
wow nice car& goodthinking shaving parts of your car peace-out!
&congrats!!!

Versanick
01-26-2007, 06:47 PM
seriously hot hatch.

i didn't like hatches until i got mine. YOURS is SO HOTTTT OMG

amazing work. well deserved aoy

guaynabo89
01-28-2007, 05:25 PM
thanks guys

88turboaccord
02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Thats hot.... hehe.. Oh just to spoil your glory a little bit----white hatches are hot too..

http://jballoucomputers.com/accord/images/4_11pic1.jpg

I need to search around for more pics..I keep using the only 5 or so I can find..

guaynabo89
02-17-2007, 07:10 AM
you shouldnt have gave up and just stored it in the garage until you had time.

lol

jigga225
03-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I know I'm late, but I must say, that's one clean 3G. Congrats man

Legend_master
03-02-2007, 10:11 AM
you shouldnt have gave up and just stored it in the garage until you had time.
lol

:werd:

L3G10N
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Congrat buddy! SOOOOO nice looking hatch!!! Can't wait to have mine ready.

guaynabo89
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM
i wish mine was ready.:(

mike10562004
04-19-2007, 03:53 PM
great great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i absolutely love your car!

guaynabo89
04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
thanks

theres more to come

coope
04-21-2007, 07:58 PM
how did u get rid of that dame black box

EricW
04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
how did u get rid of that dame black box
He did the OBD1 conversion.

coope
04-23-2007, 12:06 PM
oh if one of yall guys live near ms. i'll pay for u to do the conversion i hate that dame box

guaynabo89
04-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Its alot more involved than just removing it! Look for the "other ecm options" thread and the "project 4g distribuor" thread in "reaserch and development" subsection in the performance section.

tuxdreamerx
10-04-2007, 10:01 AM
thanks for all the positive comments.

Ive actually had this car for about 13 years and trust me it was alot of work just to get it to this point. I actually was gonna trade it in or sell it a couple of times along the way but for some reason decided this was a car worth putting some time into,just because everybody else always said that you cant do this or that to that car. So to prove them wrong here it sits. There was alot of fabbing and custom machine work and I cant remember anythign that just dropped in.

The turbo plans are still there and on the way.(crosses fingers) So hopefully Ill put down some respectable numbers upwards of the 300whp range. That is my goal at least so lets see how close I get.

I actually voted for you Steve. Ive always loved the black ls/vtec.

LOL @ evveryones agrees the best accord is the hatch.

I actually voted for you carotman in the 4dr poll.

When I looked back throught hte priliminary voting threads I noticed there are alot and I mean alot of nice clean accords on this site. I never really noticed cause all the good pictures are spread out in different places. Maybe we should compile them in one place. I dont mean like the post your ride thread cause thats just out of hand. Maybe through the vb garage or something make like a slideshow or the like with all the best pictures we have on the site. Just an idea I thught of though.

First off I must say NICE! turbo will finish that thing off wonderfully. I know what you mean I have thought about selling my 4dr many times but I still have it so I am continuing to put work into it maybe once I start getting better income I can do some more serious mods to it and yes nothing can just be dropped in on any of our cars its not easy but the results are worth it I mean my 0.050 over bore and complete rebuild was defentily worth it I have so much more power from it. but anyways Congrats man you deserved it maybe one day ill be able to get AOY lol.

guaynabo89
10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Thank you and yes the turbo will be a welcome adition to the project.

Good luck on yours.

Civic Accord Honda
10-15-2007, 01:55 AM
turbo FTW