PDA

View Full Version : your turn to fix my mistakes

mastaofdisasta
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Heres ur turn to fix any mistakes ive made on my car to make it look better, is there any parts on my car right now that i have put on that u would take off or switch with different ones to make my car better.

i dont feel like listing parts so ill just give u my photobucket so u can see the parts on there im sure the top three are gonna be muffler, sticker, sri

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/recklessrecon/

BITESIZE
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Fog light are uber ugly.

Vanilla Sky
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
get rid of the lizard, man. those things are just dead weight. they do NOTHING for performance.

you cuold extend your short ram into the fender for a CAI. it will probably require battery relocation if you're up to that.

the next things i would do is add a header and a highflow cat. match them up to a 2.25 inch exhaust if you haven't already. a secondhand pacesetter is a good place to get the tubing for the exhaust.

after doing a CAI extention and those exhaust upgrades, i'd install a cam. everyone here seems to be in love with their triflow cam.

for less than $800 you could have a car with probably 15 more HP. i know that doesn't sound like a lot, but it would probably surprise you.

in the future, you're going to want to swap to a manual. our auto transmissions are weak. changing to a manual gets rid of that future problem. a good fix for the auto is a good cooler. i've used a junkyard cooler from a ford aerostar van on my car and an old friend's car. his car's trans was having some problems, so we decided to "band-aid fix it. two flush and fills with mobil1 ATF (this was before i knew that honda ATF was better) and the installation of that cooler. he didn't have any more problems until he was doing burnouts one night.

where do you live? are you in florida by chance?

Legend_master
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Valve cover need to go back to stock black, and drop that bad boy. Besides that I like it. The reason the fogs dont look very good is because there is no lip so they are to close to the bottom of the bumper (makes them look big).

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
are those real cf eye lids??????

Vanilla Sky
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
even if they're overlays, they look nice.

ghettogeddy
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF2358copy.jpg

doit doit doit doit doit doit doit

Toneloc5145
01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
It depends on what the look your going for is (show, stock, "racer", "ricer" lol). But I think the fogs are too big, and you need the center caps for those SE-i wheels. Oh, and that sticker (needs to go). Besides that, it looks fine.

89T
01-02-2007, 04:39 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF2358copy.jpg

doit doit doit doit doit doit doit
now that looks cool.

mastaofdisasta
01-02-2007, 05:29 PM
ok i can get teh center caps back on whoever suggested that, stickers are prolly gonna be removed when i get the ambition, i dunno if i want to repaint the valve cover, its not that im in love with the color it is now, im just lazy and dont feel like gettin new valve cover gaskets or w/e, right now im stuck between new wheels or just a 2.25 inch drop, im kinda leanin towards the drop because i think i wanna keep my car looking more stock and less tunerish, just lookin for a clean ride. Any suggestion on a spring/strut combo? And no, thats not real CF

(p.s) dont ya tihnk those wheels look perfect with that drop?

And i dont really have the skill or ambition for a manual tranny swap, how much would the average shop charge to do that, is there shops that will even do that, preferably in like maryland

Vanilla Sky
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
most shops wouldn't touch it. if they would, it would be at LEAST $1000, even though there's no real work involved above what's required to replace a manual trans.

there's always getting another member to do the swap. i know there are a lot of us that know how to do it and are willing to make a few bucks doing it for you.

you could do like i said and get a hayden 404 cooler (i think that's the model number) and go with that.

if you were closer to where i live, i'd surely help you out with stuff.

carotman
01-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Those are the OEM optional foglights. Yes they are big but they work fine. I seriously think about putting those on my 87. (I have the slim fogs for the 89)

Anyway, here's what I would do

1- Slight drop (not slammed, it's not good for handling anyway)
2- Bumper Lip
3- OEM Spoiler
4- OEM SE-i center caps.

That car already looks real nice IMO.

Oh, a color matched valve cover (with your car color) might be nice.

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
paint it
get a lip
PAINT THAT VALVE COVER ITS FLUGLY
new rims
drop it
oem wing
tint 5% in the back 35%front

ghettogeddy
01-02-2007, 08:46 PM
tint 5% in the back 35%front
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww one solid ting $ is better he might as well go 20% thats about what the photochop i did is

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2007, 08:52 PM
ya but if he went any lower then 35% in da front he will get a fix it ticket and have to take it off

ghettogeddy
01-02-2007, 09:03 PM
ya but if he went any lower then 35% in da front he will get a fix it ticket and have to take it off
i have 5%

87lxiaccord
01-02-2007, 09:22 PM
lower it 2.25
headers and exhaust
5g accord cai
teg lip
put the caps back on
paint that valve cover (you don't have to get a new gasket the old one will work just fine)
and take the sticker off or put it in a better place

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2007, 09:38 PM
i have 5%
in the front O.o thats illegel and you have not goten pulled ove your lucky

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Those are the OEM optional foglights. Yes they are big but they work fine. I seriously think about putting those on my 87. (I have the slim fogs for the 89)
Anyway, here's what I would do
1- Slight drop (not slammed, it's not good for handling anyway)
2- Bumper Lip
3- OEM Spoiler
4- OEM SE-i center caps.
That car already looks real nice IMO.
Oh, a color matched valve cover (with your car color) might be nice.

that would make the car look way better

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 11:08 PM
in the front O.o thats illegel and you have not goten pulled ove your lucky

i got pulled over 35%....BS man...i hate cops...

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 11:09 PM
i felt the same way when the gave me 2 tickets that i a week

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 11:11 PM
i felt the same way when the gave me 2 tickets that i a week

outch....but yeah 3 times being pulled over...with in 5 months..not cool.

Cheeseburger
01-02-2007, 11:12 PM
outch....but yeah 3 times being pulled over...with in 5 months..not cool.

ya sucks monkey balls

MessyHonda
01-02-2007, 11:41 PM
yup...i need to go to traffic school

Legend_master
01-03-2007, 12:31 AM
here's my rendition.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/Niceride.jpg

MessyHonda
01-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Turbo Ftw....jdm Yo

carotman
01-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Well to satisfy everyone that say the fogs are too big, you could just replace them with BOSCH SCOUT series (instead of PILOT). The fog is the same width, uses the same mounting bracket but it's a bit more slim. They are hard to find now but the good thing is that the Nissan Pathfinder used these as an OEM equipment not too long ago. They are still available through Nissan. You could even find them in junkyards.

http://aa.bosch.de/aa/de/static/produkte/lichttechnik/zusatzscheinwerfer/img/scout.jpg

I had those on my car back in 1999 with BOSCH covers. I'll try to find a picture. They were available in Yellow or Clear.