PDA

View Full Version : NEON ?'s MUST BE ANSWERED!!!

Chubs87Accord
09-04-2002, 09:16 AM
ok... i have posted and have seen many people post the question.. 'how do you install neons for the inside of the car?' and thus was answered 'cut the wired and put e together and connect them' ok well and dandy... but for the few that arent incredibly skilled with wiring light into our cars... please.. give us details... how do we put in a switch? how any can you splice into one line before your car goes down in a BLAZE of glory? after its hooked up to the switch.. where do we hook it for power? the cigarette light? ok.. so what im asking is some details on it... THESE QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED... once and for all!!!!

YK86
09-04-2002, 09:41 AM
The easiest method to keep it simple is to run a fused line from the battery. The switch I usually buy has three prongs since there is a light that lights up when I turn the switch on and the prongs are labelled (ground, 12V, accessory). But on a switch with no light, there is only two (12V and accessory). Run the fused line from the battery to the 12V prong of your switch. Then run a wire from the accessory prong to the + side of the neon light. Run a wire from the - neon wire and run it to a good ground (bare metal). If you have the three prong switch, run a wire from the ground prong to the ground too.