PDA

View Full Version : OEM Honda Key blanks out of production??

carotman
01-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Well,

I wanted to have some keys cut for the 87 hatch and get backup keys for the 89 (and a valet key)

I went to 2 dealers and they only have the Ilco copies. The ones that say HONDA aren't available anymore here.

Is it the same in the US?

MessyHonda
01-04-2007, 11:15 AM
outch i got to go get me some then....il stop by my local dealership and find out

Vanilla Sky
01-04-2007, 01:19 PM
that's how it seems to be with not only honda, but nissan as well. you can get them cut, but they're fucking ilco blanks, not branded blanks.

frantik
01-04-2007, 01:39 PM
yeah from everything i've heard they're no longer available.. a few oem sets were on here a month or two ago.. good thing i snagged one :D

shepherd79
01-04-2007, 02:13 PM
i just went to lowes and got mine done. it is generic but it is OK for a back up.

HondaBoy
01-04-2007, 04:46 PM
damn, i've been noticing less and less things are still made for our cars. i'm thinking of order the whole damn lock set: doors, trunk, rear seat lock, ignition. i've noticed the driver door is hella sloppy and needs a new cylinder or something. maybe i should just grease that hoe up? lol.

forrest89sei
01-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Well,
I wanted to have some keys cut for the 87 hatch and get backup keys for the 89 (and a valet key)
I went to 2 dealers and they only have the Ilco copies. The ones that say HONDA aren't available anymore here.
Is it the same in the US?

I have a source for keys.

I sold a few sets on here to Ramthis, Frantik, Mkymonkey.

But I did it as more of a OMG REAL OEM BLANKS rather then OMG I MAKING $$$ I made like $.10 a key lol.

I post the link up in a few

forrest89sei
01-04-2007, 05:40 PM
_

Oldblueaccord
01-05-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57119

Yeah I found that out last month too.

wp

forrest89sei
01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57119
Yeah I found that out last month too.
wp

Well good to know.

So you can buy blanks here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+SEI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=STEERING+WHEEL+SWITCH
(Link Provided by w261w261 replying to Oldblueaccord)

and Here:

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=477&hp_series_model=ACCORD&hp_series_year=1989&hp_series_door_ext_grade=4DR+LXI&hp_series_transmission=5MT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=E&hp_component=B++1101
(Link Provided by Forrest89sei)

Based on 1 Hours research we share keys with the following Years and Models:

1983-1991 Prelude
1982-1989 Accord
1984-1987 Civic
1984-1987 CRX

So Plastic Head Blank is Part # 35113-SE3-003 $1.05 Each
http://ww3.tiki.ne.jp/~kaz-zero/other/key/Dscf0841.jpg

Metal Head (found searching for 1982 Accord) is Part # 35114-SD4-J01AH $0.52 Each
http://ww3.tiki.ne.jp/~kaz-zero/other/key/Dscf0840.jpg

cubert
01-05-2007, 08:27 PM
whats wrong with the ilcos?

forrest89sei
01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
whats wrong with the ilcos?

Nothing's wrong with the Ilcos.

But some people like to know that they have a OEM key, and now that they RARE they are more desirable.

A key's a key whether it's a HONDA OEM key or a Ilco, or another brand all that matters is it locks and unlocks the car. LOL

Vanilla Sky
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
next time i'm in the junkyard, i'm going to do some comparisons. length isn't an issue. the key can be cut down or left long, it doesn't matter. as long as the blank fits into the hole, the pattern can be cut.

MessyHonda
01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
next time i'm in the junkyard, i'm going to do some comparisons. length isn't an issue. the key can be cut down or left long, it doesn't matter. as long as the blank fits into the hole, the pattern can be cut.

my lx-i key is longer than my dx but it still works on the dx..to open the door.

cubert
01-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Nothing's wrong with the Ilcos.
But some people like to know that they have a OEM key, and now that they RARE they are more desirable.
A key's a key whether it's a HONDA OEM key or a Ilco, or another brand all that matters is it locks and unlocks the car. LOL

i was just wondering if people thought they didnt work as good...i used to work at a hardware store, and alotta the keys i cut with the ilco blanks worked better then the OEM keys :lol:

carotman
01-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Yeah, nothing wrong with Ilco but I prefer to have a key that says Honda.

The dealer has the machine to cut the keys no problem, they just don't have the HONDA logo anymore.

I'm not sure if they have the blanks on the links you guys posted. THe local dealer also has these part number listed in the software be he can't order them from the Honda Warehouse.

forrest89sei
01-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, nothing wrong with Ilco but I prefer to have a key that says Honda.
The dealer has the machine to cut the keys no problem, they just don't have the HONDA logo anymore.
I'm not sure if they have the blanks on the links you guys posted. THe local dealer also has these part number listed in the software be he can't order them from the Honda Warehouse.

I know the link I posted has them in stock.

due to the fact that I have ordered 10 Keys from them so far.

If anyone is interested and I can get 10 people who want 2 keys each then I'll place a order and sell them to anyone at my cost + Shipping.

also cuz my dealer does not do International Shipping

carotman
01-06-2007, 03:36 PM
That would be cool :D

How much are they? I would just buy 10 keys. lol. Can they get the Valet round plastic key?

forrest89sei
01-06-2007, 03:54 PM
That would be cool :D
How much are they? I would just buy 10 keys. lol. Can they get the Valet round plastic key?

They are $1.05 US Each with shipping of $13.00 Shipping price is the same from them weather it's 1 key or 35 keys.

as I said before I will sell them at my cost only.

and if you order if you order a lot from me I'll ship them airmail.

which is like $6 ish

oh can you post a pic of this Round plastic valet key?

I've only seen the keys that I posted pics of like 2-5 posts ago

w261w261
01-07-2007, 08:39 AM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2752/hondavaletkeyif8.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hondavaletkeyif8.jpg)

I'm not sure about the availability of the valet key blanks. A couple of years ago my dealer said he'd have to order a box of I think 30 in order to get one. I sure would like to get another one. Maybe we could do a group buy. Also, I'm going to Montreal to get my SE-i windshield this or next week, maybe the Canadian system has them if they're not available in the USA any more.

forrest89sei
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2752/hondavaletkeyif8.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hondavaletkeyif8.jpg)
I'm not sure about the availability of the valet key blanks. A couple of years ago my dealer said he'd have to order a box of I think 30 in order to get one. I sure would like to get another one. Maybe we could do a group buy. Also, I'm going to Montreal to get my SE-i windshield this or next week, maybe the Canadian system has them if they're not available in the USA any more.

Yeah I've never seen that blank before.

do you have the part number?

I'm willing to do a group buy when it comes to my stuff.

The more I order the cheaper they are. (In relation to shipping)

Toneloc5145
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I'd be willing to buy an OEM blank. Mine broke at the top (where it would go on the key ring, so I cant put it on my key ring anymore. I had to get one made at Lowes, and I also use the Valet one, but that doesnt open the trunk, lock the glovebox, etc.

forrest89sei
01-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd be willing to buy an OEM blank. Mine broke at the top (where it would go on the key ring, so I cant put it on my key ring anymore. I had to get one made at Lowes, and I also use the Valet one, but that doesnt open the trunk, lock the glovebox, etc.

Well I soon as I have confirmation I'll place a order.

So Far Carotman wants 10?
Ghettogeddy wants some?
and Toneloc5145 1

w261w261
01-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I sent an email to Majestic Honda (25% off) to see if they could get the valet key blanks. If I have to get a whole box maybe I'll do it and then keep them for members here, or if Forrest89 wants to do it, even better. I have a feeling they're pretty scarce, as I've checked about a half dozen dealers (just walking in, a couple of years ago before I gave up) and no one had one. A couple said they'd have to order a boxfull, but I don't think they actually looked at that time to see if they were available.

forrest89sei
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I sent an email to Majestic Honda (25% off) to see if they could get the valet key blanks. If I have to get a whole box maybe I'll do it and then keep them for members here, or if Forrest89 wants to do it, even better. I have a feeling they're pretty scarce, as I've checked about a half dozen dealers (just walking in, a couple of years ago before I gave up) and no one had one. A couple said they'd have to order a boxfull, but I don't think they actually looked at that time to see if they were available.

Ok let me know if send send a reply email with a Yes.

Cuz If I combine a box of those and the reg plastic head blanks then everyone will save.

I just need get get confirmation from everyone, cuz I dont want to put like $100 out on key blanks and sell only a few.

I don't mind helping people get these rare and a soon to be gone blanks.

frantik
01-07-2007, 04:57 PM
can u cut the valet kets from the normal keys? or will it work like a normal key then?

and i still need to get my damn OEM blanks cut lol :uh:

w261w261
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
can u cut the valet kets from the normal keys? or will it work like a normal key then?

It looks like the valet key is thicker. I think that's what keeps it from working in the glove box and trunk.

carotman
01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
No, the valet key is the same as the normal key (at least on my car). The difference is in the key pattern itself. The tip of the key has 1 missing tooth on the valet key (at least on my car). All the rest is the same. I will post a picture tomorrow.

That round key is the exact Valet key I have. I "think" it was only available in 89.

BTW, I'm serious with the 10 blank keys. I can send the payment up front if you want. I would buy 10 valet key also if you can order them.

P.S. That SE-i windshield is in Montreal huh.... very tempting :tongue: J/K

w261w261
01-07-2007, 05:58 PM
No, the valet key is the same as the normal key (at least on my car). The difference is in the key pattern itself. The tip of the key has 1 missing tooth on the valet key
P.S. That SE-i windshield is in Montreal huh.... very tempting :tongue: J/K

<Looking at the keys more closely> Oh yeah, I can see what you mean. My valet key has a longer "nose" on it than the regular one.

My windshield is *now* in Montreal. They shipped it there from Vancouver, based only on my verbal order. In the USA they'd have made me pay for it in advance. Gotta love the Canucks. Wanna have a beer when I come up?

speedpenguin
01-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Forrest you are an OEM Honda GOD.

Too bad I don't need these keys right now.

Eventually...

w261w261
01-08-2007, 07:23 AM
<Ok let me know if they send a reply email with a Yes>

Forrest, unfortunately Majestic Honda says they don't have them either. I don't know whether they mean the valet keys specifically or both the valet and regular. I guess they don't have either.

forrest89sei
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok so anyone who wants to order the Plastic OEM Blanks or the Metal Head OEM Blanks

Post the quan you want in this thread
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57497

I have Geddy: 10 Keys
Carotman: 10 Keys
Toneloc: 1 Key

MessyHonda
01-08-2007, 03:35 PM
nice