PDA

View Full Version : defrost

Beanshonda55
01-04-2007, 02:33 PM
About 2 months ago i took my dashout to paint it, i put it back in and everything works except the defrost, i dont know if it worked before i took the dash out becasue i never needed the defrost, so i was wondering if u guys had any suggestions on what it might be before i have to take the dash back out.

Thanks Adam

ghettogeddy
01-04-2007, 02:49 PM
is it the rear defrost button in the 3 switch holder

Beanshonda55
01-04-2007, 03:17 PM
well the rear defrost doesnt work but i no why that is but its the front im asking about.

shepherd79
01-04-2007, 03:19 PM
check the fuses, make sure you pluged in the switch.

ghettogeddy
01-04-2007, 03:28 PM
check the fuses, make sure you pluged in the switch.
it would be the one on the heater controls then right

2ndGenGuy
01-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds like you mean your windshield defroster. What do you mean exactly? The blower doesn't blow? Or the blower works but no air comes out up on the windshield?

If the latter is the case, I would say you probably missed something or possibly broke something up in the HVAC system. Theres a whole bunch of vacuum operated solenoids that open and close doors that send the air through a network of air ducts. If you get a factory service manual, it will show you an air path diagram and then you can figure out which door isn't opening or shutting properly. Then figure out which solenoid from there is broken. They just seem to do that when they get old. The plastic gets brittle, and the vents are sticky, so the arms on the doors will snap.

That's going to be some work.

Beanshonda55
01-04-2007, 03:49 PM
its the defrost on the front window and when i turn the defrost on it blows out ofthe vents nearest the seats but not by the window.

shepherd79
01-04-2007, 04:17 PM
did you plug in the cables the way they were before?

Pico
01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I know on mine when I replaced the dash there are two cables that go to the side vents. If you dont route them correctly and re-connect them correctly the vents wont work right (they will stay either in the open or closed position)

Beanshonda55
01-04-2007, 05:00 PM
are u talking about the 2 cables that go to the hot and cold switch thing and one to open and close the front vents, those ones are working fine its just the defrost right by the window that defrost it, those are the ones that dont work.

sounds like im going to have some fun finding the problem, thanks for all the help

MessyHonda
01-04-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah does your defrost button light up? on the dx it had sliders...maybe the cable is not reaching.

Beanshonda55
01-05-2007, 05:29 AM
its an lxi and none of those bottons light up, but all the bottons work except the defrost.