PDA

View Full Version : Brakes problem

propr'one
01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
When i brake, the passenger side of the car sqweeks like a mother&*&). Its not normal brake pad noise, i have race pads on my summer car, and its not that.

Best describe it as a very loud ginding noise. It doesn't always stop when i let off the brake, but it always gets worse when i do brake. Sometimes turning the wheel a little helps.

The car does stop normally, and doesn't pull to one side or another.

Any ideas? I'm gonna take a look hopefully tomorrow, but i dont even know what i'm looking for.

Any help appreciated fellas:)

MessyHonda
01-04-2007, 09:28 PM
have you checked your pads?

2ndGenGuy
01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Maybe you're missing the metal clips that help hold in the pad. Or maybe one of them are bent rubbing on the rotor. The squeal tab could be bent too. I've even had rocks get into the pad and rotor and make nasty noise just like that.

propr'one
01-05-2007, 01:03 AM
I will of course check the pads. The rock chip is a great idea too, i'll be sure to double check that.

I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow and come running for help:D

thanks again guys

edit: mods thanks for moving to correct forum.

propr'one
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Its a sticking caliper. I wd-40'd the rotor and the brakepads:D

It did make it quieter, however, it has the obvious problem of severely impairing my car's stopping ability.

So should i bleed the brakes, or get a new caliper?

I dont know if its the pistons or sliders sticking, i dunno how to take the caliper off:(

Oldblueaccord
01-05-2007, 06:32 PM
2 bolts take the caliper off its very easy to do. You dont need to remove the caliper bracket.

If you can't get a new one try forcing the piston all the way in compressed with the master cylinder un capped a few times this might free it up. new pads might also help since the calipers psiton would be in a differant place in the bore.

Inspect the caliper rubber hose as well if its swelled or just original it might be deterioated inside and need replacing.

wp

AZmike
01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Cleaning up and lubing the slider pins may also help.

guaynabo89
01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Cleaning up and lubing the slider pins may also help.

yup