PDA

View Full Version : pulled another a20a3 head and same valve issue as others?

mykwikcoupe
01-06-2007, 11:45 AM
So I just pulled another head from a different car that I was going to part out but there wasnt enough interest. Ok so now your confused Ill elaborate.

In 3 engines now that ive pulled the head. Ive come across the #4 exhaust valve with a chuck out of the corner. Thats not the cofusing part though. Why is it everyone had the same corner gone in the same cylinder? Is it just me. I have a pic or 2 but am too cheap to be a foundation member so i cant post.

Oh and once again the stupid intake bolts under the runners got the best of me. I had to pull the head with the intake on it. It would have been so much easier to if they would have put more on bottom and in between the runner instead of under the center.

BITESIZE
01-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Do valves get crank walk sort of?

shepherd79
01-06-2007, 02:20 PM
i don't understand what you are saying. post the pictures.

1ajs
01-06-2007, 03:14 PM
www.imageshack.us will host the images for free and gives you the image taged links.

umm i got a head laying on the shelf in the basemen if you post pics i will go compare this... what cylder are you talking about BTW?

'A20A3'
01-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I've had the heads off both my engines and have yet to see this happen. Pics would definitely help.

Also I agree about the intake manifold I've never been able to remove the head without leaving the intake manifold on there. It's just part of the design I guess.

1ajs
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I've had the heads off both my engines and have yet to see this happen. Pics would definitely help.

Also I agree about the intake manifold I've never been able to remove the head without leaving the intake manifold on there. It's just part of the design I guess.
takes an exstra 2 hours of farting around but ya can.....

MessyHonda
01-06-2007, 05:59 PM

yup...when i did my headgasket on my dx we left the intake mani and the exhuast mani on the head but it took 2 ppl to pick it up....and set it back down.

mykwikcoupe
01-06-2007, 07:10 PM
so on #4 exhaust valve on 3 engines Ive torn apart have the same damage in the same place on the valve. The exhaust valve is missing a chunk but appears untouched by the piston head itself. Has anyone else had this issue on engine with no compression

shepherd79
01-06-2007, 08:37 PM
nope, i never had this problem.

1ajs
01-08-2007, 03:58 PM
pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

88Accord-DX
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Haven't seen it happen on these particular engines, but I have seen spark knock, (detonation & pre-ignition) burn the shit out of valves before.

88LXi68
01-10-2007, 08:56 AM
pulled 2 a20 heads and never had this problem. The head from my LXi was so clean it was amazing.