PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof leak

Black88AccordLXI
01-06-2007, 01:33 PM
ok whenever it rains, water gets in my sunroof threshhold and it goes down the drain holes. But instead of the water emptying in front of the front tires where it is supposed too, it gets in my car. It comes in where the firewall meets the side of the car. i cant get up close enough to see specifically where though. im pretty surry the drain has a hole in it somewhere. Has this happened to anyone else? HOw should i fix this?

shepherd79
01-06-2007, 02:16 PM
the drain wholes are nothing but clear tubbing. if you remove the fuse box and take the antenna motor out you can see where it comes in.
It could be that it got cloged up and poped out.

frantik
01-06-2007, 02:34 PM
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3996/accord016tt2.jpg

problem solved! :lol:

shepherd79
01-06-2007, 02:36 PM
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3996/accord016tt2.jpg

problem solved! :lol:

nope, you missed the back driver corner, it would still leak. :lol:

w261w261
01-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Yikes, the tape...so ghetto, and ugly too.

Your problem, assuming the leak is on the driver's side, is that the sunroof LF drain goes down to a Y connection by the antenna motor. The drain from the motor goes into the other part of the Y. It's most likely unplugged, and also the end of the drain in the front wheel well is plugged. Water comes down the tube, backs up because the end is plugged, and comes out at the Y. You can fix it good enough by clearing the end of the tube in the wheel well. It is a little tricky, more so than the back drains.

frantik
01-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Yikes, the tape...so ghetto
lol well it is on cah's "le ghetto mobile" :D

Pico
01-06-2007, 04:52 PM
The drain in mine was plugged I ran some wire thru it and that helped alot

Civic Accord Honda
04-10-2007, 05:26 AM
lol i misssed this thread and i see my car hehe

vongiese
04-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Yikes, the tape...so ghetto, and ugly too.
Your problem, assuming the leak is on the driver's side, is that the sunroof LF drain goes down to a Y connection by the antenna motor. The drain from the motor goes into the other part of the Y. It's most likely unplugged, and also the end of the drain in the front wheel well is plugged. Water comes down the tube, backs up because the end is plugged, and comes out at the Y. You can fix it good enough by clearing the end of the tube in the wheel well. It is a little tricky, more so than the back drains.

I think the fronts are easier - just pull off the mud flap and there's the drain tube - the end on them are to keep critters out - pop it off and clean out the gunk. Mine backed up to the Y and into the antenna motor and ended up leaking out of the antennae motor housing. before you put the flap back on - poor some water (add a little ammonia to it for more cleaning power) down the drain holes and watch to make sure it's not leaking at the antennae motor Y, and is coming from the mudflap areas of the car. Pull off the fuse access door and you might be able to see the Y.
good luck - more info on this if you search.
mike