PDA

View Full Version : Pico's 89 LX-i Build

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

A18A
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
more pics of that battery plz :o

MessyHonda
10-25-2007, 12:59 AM
dude....your lucky.....i want a new battery...

Pico
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
more pics of that battery plz :o

Ok here ya go
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1210.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1211.jpg

Hazwan
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
is the terminal painted?

man, that battery looks hot!

Cheeseburger
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
looks good picopop

Pico
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
is the terminal painted?

man, that battery looks hot!

Yeah they came that way when I got them, I do want to find something better.

looks good picopop
Thanks Cheese

Civic Accord Honda
10-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Awesome!

guaynabo89
10-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Looks good.

Keep it up!

kcaudill
10-26-2007, 05:36 AM
Try these:

http://www.mitekcorp.com/imgServer/news/img/BT2PFonbatteryclose_news.JPG

http://www.streetwires.com/products/batteryTerminal/index.cfm

A18A
10-26-2007, 05:42 AM
aw man i want a battery like that :(

hey you should cut out that storage box behind it and fit the battery in there some how, then you'll have more room in the trunk :)

Pico
10-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Try these:

http://www.mitekcorp.com/imgServer/news/img/BT2PFonbatteryclose_news.JPG

http://www.streetwires.com/products/batteryTerminal/index.cfm
Thanks
I'll check those out

hey you should cut out that storage box behind it and fit the battery in there some how, then you'll have more room in the trunk :)
Never thought about doing that, Thanks for the idea OD

Pico
10-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Wooot!!!!
I just ordered a Delta 272 cam for the car and I'm picking up a DC Header in a few weeks.....:rockon:

forrest89sei
10-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Wooot!!!!
I just ordered a Delta 272 cam for the car and I'm picking up a DC Header in a few weeks.....:rockon:

Sweet!!

:thumbup: :cheers:

Cheeseburger
10-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Amazing!

2drSE-i
10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
sounds awesome pico!

2oodoor
10-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Wooot!!!!

coming along nicely with the car!!

272 delta aye?? nice.. it seems like there were a bunch of folks getting those right after the cam gears got delivered but I have yet to see any results posted from anyone, maybe I missed them.. I would like to hear some motivating stories !!!

frantik
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Wooot!!!!

:rockon: u getting that new header that that one bay area member has?

MessyHonda
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM

272 delta aye?? nice.. it seems like there were a bunch of folks getting those right after the cam gears got delivered but I have yet to see any results posted from anyone, maybe I missed them.. I would like to hear some motivating stories !!!

yup its worth it...i have a stage 2 cam with mine but ericw said i should advance it couple of degrees so i can get more low end torque...even with the cam i didnt lose alot of low end.

russiankid
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
We have the same clamps Pico, and looks good as always.

nswst8
10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Awesome! Glad to see it coming together.

Pico
10-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Hopefully when I get the cam in I'll find the time to install it and have the car dynoed , I'll keep you posted on what's going on.

:rockon: u getting that new header that that one bay area member has?
Yup I emailed buish the other night to see if he still had it, I just couldnt pass up a New DC Header

Sweet!!

:thumbup: :cheers:

Amazing!

sounds awesome pico!

We have the same clamps Pico, and looks good as always.

Awesome! Glad to see it coming together.
Thanks Guys I figured I've gone this far with the car I might as well go for broke and do as much as I can :D

Pico
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
:rockon: New part for the 3g came in today,
Delta 272 Camshaft, All I need now is to install it :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Delta272.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Delta2721.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Delta2722.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Delta2723.jpg

guaynabo89
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Looking good.

They send you a spec card? When are you going to intall so you can report back?

Pico
10-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Looking good.

They send you a spec card? When are you going to intall so you can report back?

Yeah they did send one with the cam, I going to try this weekend to install it and play with the cam gear

russiankid
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Looking good. So now you do not have an excuse to not dyno the car :)

guaynabo89
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah they did send one with the cam, I going to try this weekend to install it and play with the cam gear

Can you scan it? or list the specs?

Pico
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Can you scan it? or list the specs?

Here's the spec sheet, Since I really dont know too much about the technical things about engines, can you break it down for me :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/scan0001.jpg

ghettogeddy
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
sweet to bad it looks like they rubbed crap all over it then shipped it lol they should have had it clean

frantik
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
nice pico :thumbup:

MessyHonda
10-30-2007, 11:27 PM
i had my valve leash set to stock even with my 280 cam.

2oodoor
10-31-2007, 03:03 PM
too legit to quit !!
that is one dandy bumpstick, great thread..:wave:

Civic Accord Honda
10-31-2007, 03:32 PM
nice :D

Pico
11-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I just picked this up tonight from buish, Brand new DC Header. These are the pictures that buish took, I havent took any new pic's yet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/dchead_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/dchead_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/dchead_3.jpg

Catalyst
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats a beautiful thing pico.

frantik
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM
sweet :D looks like no carb # on yours either.. are they carb legal :dunno: i thought they were

A18A
11-12-2007, 06:48 AM
i wish my car was nice and shiney like yours!

speedpenguin
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
DC Header! Nice.

Pico
11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Just finished installing my delta cam.
I still have to adjust the valves and start it up and adjust the timing:nervous:

sweet :D looks like no carb # on yours either.. are they carb legal :dunno: i thought they were
It has the carb tag http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/dchead_4.jpg

russiankid
11-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Cant wait for that video:thumbup:

MessyHonda
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
sweet...hope it starts up fine...mine sounded like a chevy

Pico
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I finally got around tonight to finish the cam installation, broke it in at 2200 rpm for 20min's she's running like crap right now, idle fluctuates between 850-1000 rpm.
I need help fast.....
maybe i'm a tooth off on the timing belt?
Did I install the cam wrong?
Valve lash is exhaust 8 intake 6

HELP.............

russiankid
11-16-2007, 04:48 AM
Even though i have never done this, but i would check to see if the T-belt is on correctly and isn't off by a few teeth. Did you try adjusting the timing in any way?

nswst8
11-16-2007, 05:35 AM
Check the simple stuff first dizzy, timing belt, throttle cable

Pico
11-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Even though i have never done this, but i would check to see if the T-belt is on correctly and isn't off by a few teeth. Did you try adjusting the timing in any way?

Check the simple stuff first dizzy, timing belt, throttle cable

I checked and triple checked the belt, I dont know it may be off a tooth. I tried to adjust the dizzy and it made only a little bit of difference.
going to try playing with it more this weekend

russiankid
11-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Maybe you need to mess with the timing since it is a different cam.

I also need to figure out why my car wouldn't drop the idle this morning until 10 mins of warming up:(

[LoD]Miseryland
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/dchead_4.jpg

That looks like its the embodyment of the fusion between the sex, epicness, and is made of 100% pure win.

You lucky mo$*#^er%#cking%#$@#$#.
I want i want i want.

EDIT: i also want pics when its in! :)

nswst8
11-16-2007, 08:58 AM
What about the adjustable cam gear is this set to zero?

RamThis
11-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow Pico, I never even saw this thread all year!!! I went through it all last night and Im simply amazed by what you've done!!! I wish that so many of you 3G guys didnt live way out in Cali, I'd love to see your cars. It'd give me some inspiration to work on mine again. I keep getting distracted by other projects and pulled away from it. Oh well, maybe someday.

As for your idle problem, I have no clue. Have you hooked up a timing light and checked to see where you are at with your timing? That would tell you really quick if it's a timing issue or if you need to move on to something else. I wonder, did the engine surge before you did the cam break-in? Or only after you let it run at 2200 for 20 minutes? If it only started this after it ran maybe you had a coincidental failure of a sensor somewhere, or a vacuum leak? Have you checked your manifold vacuum yet?

Pico
11-17-2007, 08:12 PM
What about the adjustable cam gear is this set to zero?
it is set to zero, I'm wondering that if the timing was 180 degrees off would the car still start and run like it is running right now ?

Wow Pico, I never even saw this thread all year!!! I went through it all last night and Im simply amazed by what you've done!!! I wish that so many of you 3G guys didnt live way out in Cali, I'd love to see your cars. It'd give me some inspiration to work on mine again. I keep getting distracted by other projects and pulled away from it. Oh well, maybe someday.

As for your idle problem, I have no clue. Have you hooked up a timing light and checked to see where you are at with your timing? That would tell you really quick if it's a timing issue or if you need to move on to something else. I wonder, did the engine surge before you did the cam break-in? Or only after you let it run at 2200 for 20 minutes? If it only started this after it ran maybe you had a coincidental failure of a sensor somewhere, or a vacuum leak? Have you checked your manifold vacuum yet?
Thanks RamThis it's not as major a job as your doing, but it's all I have the time to do on her.
as far as the idle it started from the after I first started the car with the new cam.
Hopefully it something really simple and that I'll be able to get her fixed ASAP.

88Accord-DX
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
It could be 180 out, but I don't think it would run. It might be that your ECM needs a re-learn with this new cam. Unplug your battery terminals & touch them together for about 30 seconds. (hard re-learn)
The car might need about 10 runs for the ECM to relearn parameters. Also, have you checked for any codes?

Pico
11-17-2007, 08:30 PM
It could be 180 out, but I don't think it would run. It might be that your ECM needs a re-learn with this new cam. Unplug your battery terminals & touch them together for about 30 seconds. (hard re-learn)
The car might need about 10 runs for the ECM to relearn parameters. Also, have you checked for any codes?

Thanks Derek I'll give that a try and hope that it does better

nswst8
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
If you set the engine to TDC before changing cam, you should be in time.

Otherwise all of your valve settings are out of whack as well.

The dizzy if I'm not mistaken is offset to prevent it from being installed 180 out.

But, again check the simple stuff first.

frantik
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM
The car might need about 10 runs for the ECM to relearn parameters.

yeah one time when my batt terminal came loose when i connected it again the car was running all weird for a bit until the ecu "relearned" about the car.. maybe you just need to give it time pico?

88Accord-DX
11-17-2007, 11:06 PM
The dizzy if I'm not mistaken is offset to prevent it from being installed 180 out.

True to a point, but the cam could be turned 180 degrees out. Which I doubt it would run at all. Re-do the valve lash again, do a hard-relearn on the ECM & see what happens.

2oodoor
11-18-2007, 03:39 AM

that is the first thing that crossed my mind but I was not sure if those cars did that (not obd i or II) I guess it would for each event or start, but not remember parimeters... shoot what am I thinking GM PGMFI did way back in early eighties.. so yes clear the idle learn and relearn..drive it as soon as it gets a decent idle and use the power steerring, headlights and blower fans too so it works for accesory draw rpm too.
ignition timing would be on the agenda too, with the mods you wont use factory spec by no means, more advance more more more..but not too much.. lol
I hope it gets steight soon Picopop, don't let this keep you from experimenting with the cam timing, or maybe you will just save that for dyno day yes?

RamThis
11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
it is set to zero, I'm wondering that if the timing was 180 degrees off would the car still start and run like it is running right now ?

Thanks RamThis it's not as major a job as your doing, but it's all I have the time to do on her.
as far as the idle it started from the after I first started the car with the new cam.
Hopefully it something really simple and that I'll be able to get her fixed ASAP.

I just like how methodical you are with your work. It's like you have a very good plan lined out when you do stuff. Im pretty much all over the place lol. Im almost A.D.D. on my projects I swear lol.

I had thought about the 180 out too but dont know enough about these engines yet to be recommending much to you. I also thought about the ECM but wasnt sure if they were sophistocated enough to be a learning ECM at that year model, but sounds like maybe it is. So yeah, I'd pull the cables and clear the ECM and restart it so that it runs off the base program, and it will learn from the base how to set idle under load and where to maintain timing to keep the A/F mixture stoich. Might be your culprit.

JIC though, check that timing with an inductive timing light to see where it's at, to make absolutely sure you didnt get a tooth or two off on the belt.

Pico
11-18-2007, 01:07 PM
as of this moment nothing good, I reset the ecu an still no luck.
I'm going to let the car cool down a bit and retrace my steps during the cam install.
I feel like such a idiot, I know it has to be something simple that I am overlooking.
Gonna go to harbor freight and best buy for the moment and clear my mind, and start over on this puppy when I get back.

Toneloc5145
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
My experience with timing is that your car will not run at all if your timing is off by more than 2 teeth. When I changed my timing belt, we did it without a timing light, and when we first tried to start it up, it was 180 degrees off time, and it sounded weird when we tried to start it. Odds are your timing belt may be off by a couple of teeth.

I've also messed with valve lash as well. I found that the stock valve specs did not work as well as I thought they would. I basically set the lash so it would run without stalling, and then from there, i tightened the lash so that there was no valve clicking. After I did the valve lash for one one cylinder, i would restart the car and see how the car ran. It took a long time, but now it runs perfectly smooth, without any noise.

All in all, I would try to move your timing belt one tooth over and see if anything improves. You can do that in 5 minutes; all you have to do is loosent the tensioner and move the belt on tooth over on the cam sprocket. If that doesnt work, try moving it the other way (left instead of right). If nothing improves still, then your valve lash is most likely wrong.

nswst8
11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
When you pulled the belt off the cam gear did you try to keep tension on it and set to the side and then reinstall it without checking the crank position?

If you did then I would say that it is a couple of teeth off. My expirence of this procedure is that more than not the belt loses tension and slip off the crank sprocket and goes out position.

2oodoor
11-18-2007, 02:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/MSD6Box1.jpg

*did you use a breather for the valve cover?
*I would check the brake booster vacuum hoses, pvc
*check vacuum lines and ALL hoses concerning the Idle controlers
*note, I know I am not the only one to do this, get anxious and get turned around where I start working with cyl #4 thinking it is #1, while adjusting valve lash and setting tdc via looking at the cyl through an open spark plug hole.:)
* test your coil output, it could have got hot if you left the ign on without the car running, if it were left on a long time.
*you may actually have it in correct cam timing and it had been one tooth off the whole time before, and you may have adjusted the stop screw for the idle and adjusted things to smooth it out before (just a thought, I dunno the history)
*check for damaged thrermovalves (tees for vacuum switching)
*check battery voltage, connection, and alternator output voltage
*check injectors for physical damage or loose wire etc.
*MAP sensor, check wires and vacuum signal??did you do 4G MAP mod?

russiankid
11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I am not sure if you removed your spark plug wires when you did the cam install, but make sure that they are in correct order. I remember CAH had installed his incorrectly and it ran like crap.

Pico
11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
well I got her running but she still fluctuates idling but doesnt die, close to it but stays running.....and now the plugs are fouling up :rant:
I think I am going to SCREAM..................................

89T
11-18-2007, 08:39 PM
have you tried 1 step hotter plugs?
also what was you'r timming issue?
edit: now that you went to a proformance cam it will lope a little bit.
also you may need to play with spark plug gap till you find the sweet spot.
check fuel pressure,with a bigger cam you usally loose a bit of vaccume, thus the rich condition.

speedpenguin
11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Is the check engine light on?

I had a similar starting/idle problem, I fixed it by plugging the coolant temp sensor back into the tranny.

88Accord-DX
11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Got a inductive timing light to hit the flywheel? That will give a start. (seen idle issues on a tooth off a belt on other cars I've worked on)

Pico
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I think what Im going to do this weekend is redo the t-belt and start from square 1 and see how it goes from there.

88Accord-DX
11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I think what Im going to do this weekend is redo the t-belt and start from square 1 and see how it goes from there.
I'll be straight up with you Roger, you need to pull the crankshaft pulley off to make sure you good with the belt line up right. Honestly, I think when you pulled cam sprocket & belt off the top, you didn't keep enough tension on the belt & it skipped a tooth. (hate to say it)

Pico
11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I'll be straight up with you Roger, you need to pull the crankshaft pulley off to make sure you good with the belt line up right. Honestly I think when you pulled belt off the top, you didn't keep enough tension on the belt & it skipped a tooth. (hate to say it)
I agree with you on that

88Accord-DX
11-19-2007, 09:04 PM
It probably would be easier without pulling the crankshaft pulley by looking through the inspection hole for the TDC mark. Then have someone hold the crank bolt while you move the cam sprocket. But I don't see anyway to get to the tensioner on the lower timing cover without taking the crankshaft pulley off to get to the lowering timing cover. So, you have to pull the crankshaft pulley off from what I can see. Right?

ANYHOW, your will know your good by pulling the crankshaft pulley & making sure lines are right.

89T
11-21-2007, 04:28 AM
pico you know if you line up the tdc mark on the flywheel in the timing/inspection hole with the pointer, all you have to do then is make sure that the "0" on you'r cam gear is directly inline with the valve cover bolts...
there is no need to take anything apart to check it. if the belt is off a tooth then you'r camgear "8" degree will line up with the bolts.
you'll have to get the tdc dead on though,the cam gear rotates 2 to 1 comparred to the crank

2oodoor
11-21-2007, 04:44 AM
^^^ that is what I was thinking
The belt cant be off the pulleys or it would have never ran 2000 rpm to break in the cam.
You can loosen the tensioner by the access hole in the Lower cover, heck mine sticks outside the cover for access.
I guess it is reassuring to erase all doubts before proceeding though.
The -T- mark scribed on the flywheel is TDC for the crank on mine, all other marks are just different ones for timing light and vacuum advance "on" or "off" settings. The -T- mark was barely visiable, but to assure I had TDC I removed the spark plug (s) and shine the flashlight in the hole to watch the pistion.
Rich off idle is a problem you had before Picopop. Now if it is fouling plugs, there may have been an underlyig problem to begin with, The thing you are concerned about here is hunting idle, which possibly could be cam timing slightley off ideal target. Logically I would guess vacuum issue causing MAP reading to be unstable, or IAC issue, just like it would be had you not installed different cam.
Vacuum issue, would cover a broad range of possibliities in itself...

88Accord-DX
11-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Sure, you can "check" the belt is lined up through the inspection hole & looking at the cam sprocket lines. BUT, if the belt is off, getting to the tensioner requires the lower timing cover to cove off. Guess what has to come off then?

2oodoor
11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
DS tire/wheel, dirt cover, Alt belt, Ps belt, err ac belt
and CRANK PULLEY ... yaaa hoooo then get out the 10mm quater drive on the lower T cover.. make note of that funny washer thing on the crank T belt sprocket :cheers:

mbc
11-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Pico,

I hope all goes well with your troubleshooting. This is an excellent opportunity to enjoy a nice cold beer (or ten) while working on your car.

FWIW,

Matt.

89T
11-21-2007, 07:46 PM
hmm... i dont remmember taking anything off when i installed my cam gear....
i do remember theres a 12mm bolt that protrudes the timming cover whitch holds the autotentioner pully. anyway besure to mark the cam gear and belt and note the direction you need to spin the camgear.

Deadhead
11-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Sure, you can "check" the belt is lined up through the inspection hole & looking at the cam sprocket lines. BUT, if the belt is off, getting to the tensioner requires the lower timing cover to cove off. Guess what has to come off then?

You should only have to check and see if the cam and crank gears are lined up properly, the tensioner is only going to hold tension, and if it wasn't holding tension, I can't imagine that this motor would even run, let alone hold RPM for the cam break-in. It would make a lot of noise slapping around there, and it would probably slip several teeth quickly if it didn't hold proper tension.

The only problem i could see with the timing belt is it would be off a tooth. I had that problem with my civic when I first got it if you remember, and it would seem to run great. The only side effect was it felt like i was driving a car with 2 hp. It idled, and revved up fine, just slower.

With a surging idle, especially if you just put in a new cam, check for vacuum leaks. Also get a vacuum gauge and let us know how that goes.

(ignition timing theory removed... )

The surging is probably semi-normal as is the nature with a rougher cam.

What are you using to tune your motor with? Anything? If not, might want to think about it seeing as your running quite rich. It would be much easier to tune and you could make a few extra HP as well.

Hope everything works out for you soon, and props on the car, Extremely clean.

88Accord-DX
11-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Believe me, if I could break out all my tools on this car. I could take care of it. I'll leave it at that. Roger, I think he will have some personal friends as techs. figure it out in person. Computer words is harder diagnosis than in person by far.

Let us know Picopop what the deal is. :)

2oodoor
11-22-2007, 05:00 AM
As far as I know, it gets the information from the CKP (crankshaft position sensor), and these cars, I believe, do not have a camshaft position sensor..

sorry no crank sensors on these A20's, and the dizzy IS the cam sensor !!

Deadhead
11-22-2007, 10:50 AM
sorry no crank sensors on these A20's, and the dizzy IS the cam sensor !!

wow, i feel like a tool. Serves me right for posting at 3 am lol. I was thinking about waste spark ignition and COP where it has a crank, and/or separate cam position sensors to appropriately calculate ignition timing.

Sorry about that, and ddude2uc, i'm not doubting your abilities, i know you have a vast amount of automotive experience. I just question the surging idle from the valve timing being off a tooth... doesn't make too much sense to me as to why.

2oodoor
11-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I've also messed with valve lash as well. I found that the stock valve specs did not work as well as I thought they would. I basically set the lash so it would run without stalling, and then from there, i tightened the lash so that there was no valve clicking. After I did the valve lash for one one cylinder, i would restart the car and see how the car ran. It took a long time, but now it runs perfectly smooth, without any noise.

All in all, I would try to move your timing belt one tooth over and see if anything improves. You can do that in 5 minutes; all you have to do is loosent the tensioner and move the belt on tooth over on the cam sprocket. If that doesnt work, try moving it the other way (left instead of right). If nothing improves still, then your valve lash is most likely wrong.
I was thinking about this and it makes a lot of sense. I set my lash at 8 and 10 for starters then warm it up, come back and recheck adJ the tight ones & work out the real noisy ones. The A blocks like a little loose lash from what I understand. Too tight and it will cause problems. Worth rechecking for sure.

and Deadhead, ddude2uc does know his sh*t but kind of like he said, being able to troubleshoot and telling someone how to troubleshoot are two different skill sets.:) , it is hard to communicate this stuff sometimes believe me.

Deadhead
11-22-2007, 04:15 PM
and Deadhead, ddude2uc does know his sh*t but kind of like he said, being able to troubleshoot and telling someone how to troubleshoot are two different skill sets.:) , it is hard to communicate this stuff sometimes believe me.

I never said he didn't know his shit. I'm sure he is quite good at what he does, i'm positive he has more experience than I do hands down. I'm still learning, and know a few things here and there....

And yes, troubleshooting a problem via the internet is much harder/ different than in person. Most we can do is try and help. That's all i tried to do, but alas, I should probably re-think putting in my 2 cents.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Pico
11-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I want to thank you guys for all your help and knowledge in helping me get thru this cam problem, I read each and everyone of you post and took a look at everything posted.
Thanks to all of your suggestions I somehow was able to get the car running and idling steady.
I went ahead and redid the timing belt and it was way off, readjusted the throttle cable checked and rechecked valve lash. So far things are looking good.
I'm done working on the car for the night ( the wife thinks I should be helping with Thanksgiving dinner and she's right about that)
Once again guys a BIG THANKS and I hope I can help you guys out somehow oneday.
Roger aka picopop

forrest89sei
11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
I want to thank you guys for all your help and knowledge in helping me get thru this cam problem, I read each and everyone of you post and took a look at everything posted.
Thanks to all of your suggestions I somehow was able to get the car running and idling steady.
I went ahead and redid the timing belt and it was way off, readjusted the throttle cable checked and rechecked valve lash. So far things are looking good.
I'm done working on the car for the night ( the wife thinks I should be helping with Thanksgiving dinner and she's right about that)
Roger aka picopop

Congrats on getting it going!
It's a Thanksgiving Miracle :cheers:

russiankid
11-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Congrats, always glad to hear problems resolved.

Forrest, i hope i got the Thanksgiving miracle with my oil pan, being that i replaced it today.

forrest89sei
11-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Congrats, always glad to hear problems resolved.

Forrest, i hope i got the Thanksgiving miracle with my oil pan, being that i replaced it today.

I FINALLY got the my 5K Mile Old Calipers off my 86 LX, So i think i did also

nswst8
11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Roger aka picopop

Fantastic! Glad that it was that simple, fustrating as it was I'm glad it we all worked together to help you resolve the issue.:cheers:

88Accord-DX
11-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Roger aka picopop

Good deal Roger. Like I said, I've seen surging idle before with timing belt off some teeth on other cars. Many causes to a surging idle with vacuum leaks to MAP sensor & so forth. By looking at what you done & seeing this before, I was pretty sure it was the belt off causing the surging.
Just took 4 more ASE tests, working on my Master Certification. :cheers:

GTRSkyline43
11-24-2007, 04:46 PM
as a former 3geez owner...well kinda still kinda my dads car i just drive it and all hahaha...im speechless of what you have done...great work!!

frantik
11-24-2007, 11:03 PM
glad to hear she's up and running :D :D

A20A1
11-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I finally got around tonight to finish the cam installation, broke it in at 2200 rpm for 20min's she's running like crap right now, idle fluctuates between 850-1000 rpm.
I need help fast.....
maybe i'm a tooth off on the timing belt?
Did I install the cam wrong?
Valve lash is exhaust 8 intake 6

HELP.............
was it running like that before you broke it in?
what was the idle like right after you put in the cam?

Check wires, distributor, vacuum lines
what are your cam specs? (Makes a difference because EFI motors sometimes will have trouble with bigger cams)
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39319
readjust your valves, do it when engine cold, check the TDC alignment
did it say to use 8 for the exhaust? you may want to set it to 10 or 11
and see if that helps your idle.

Edit: I guess I'm late :D

I was looking at the old link from this thread
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62720

Pico
11-30-2007, 10:14 PM
was it running like that before you broke it in?
what was the idle like right after you put in the cam?

Check wires, distributor, vacuum lines
what are your cam specs? (Makes a difference because EFI motors sometimes will have trouble with bigger cams)
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39319
readjust your valves, do it when engine cold, check the TDC alignment
did it say to use 8 for the exhaust? you may want to set it to 10 or 11
and see if that helps your idle.

car ran ok before the cam install,a little rich but idle was steady at 900.
so if I readjust the exh. to 10 what should I set the intake to
And thanks for the info A20A1

Pico
12-05-2007, 12:32 PM
UPDATE
I had the day off today and decided to get off my but and finish playing with the 3G.
I readjusted the valves to 11exh and 7intake and played with the timing and adjusted the throttle cable a little more.
The cam gear is now adjusted to 2 degrees advance and she runs wicked.
I'm truly happy with her now and cant wait to do more mods to her.:D
Thanks Again Everyone.

2oodoor
12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
good to hear ! cool mail twuck (avatar)

frantik
12-06-2007, 12:38 AM
UPDATE
I had the day off today and decided to get off my but and finish playing with the 3G.
I readjusted the valves to 11exh and 7intake and played with the timing and adjusted the throttle cable a little more.
The cam gear is now adjusted to 2 degrees advance and she runs wicked.
I'm truly happy with her now and cant wait to do more mods to her.:D
Thanks Again Everyone.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

forrest89sei
12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Congrats :D :thumbup:

Pico
12-24-2007, 10:11 PM
just won this fuel pressure regulator on eBay for the 3G
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/BLX-FPR-BL.jpg

coope
12-24-2007, 10:36 PM
pics when it's intalled

frantik
12-24-2007, 10:55 PM
cool what does it do? (besides regulate fuel pressure ;))

Pico
12-24-2007, 11:08 PM
pics when it's intalled
No Problem

cool what does it do? (besides regulate fuel pressure ;))
Thats all it does ( and it looks pretty in the engine bay :lol: )

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
I am the 600 post
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/Ghostccc/GIF/HotGirl.gif

MessyHonda
12-24-2007, 11:42 PM
now all you need is the b16 mani

Pico
12-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Just bought this to go with the FPR
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/b7_1.jpg

fogged
12-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I want one! Sweet.

Pico
12-29-2007, 11:14 PM
I want one! Sweet.

here's the link FPR gauge (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91-HONDA-CRX-FUEL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-KIT-LIQUID-FILLED_W0QQitemZ360008177028QQihZ023QQcategoryZ426 04QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Pico
01-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I got around to modifying my OE FPR and installed the adjustable one today. I'm just waiting for the pressure gauge to come in
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1256.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1259.jpg

russiankid
01-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Looks great Pico!:thumbup: What are the benefits of having a adjustable FPR? I mean i kow you can adjust the fuel pressure, but wouldn't you need it when you race or something?

Pico
01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I figured since im running a little rich still that I may be getting too much fuel causing it to run rich, A friend suggested that I should try the adjustable regulator and see if it helps out.
Once I get the pressure gauge installed I'll be able to hopefully fine tune it.

frantik
01-01-2008, 05:39 PM
:bow:

Pico
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Got this in the mail today and going to install it tomorrow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/FPRGauge.jpg

labeledsk8r
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
i really dont know how i havent comented this thread at all. i have been reading it as you go but never frigen posted, great work man, top notch, and the new fpr and gauge looks sweet

2oodoor
01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Looks great Pico!:thumbup: What are the benefits of having a adjustable FPR? I mean i kow you can adjust the fuel pressure, but wouldn't you need it when you race or something?

The reason he got one is he believes he has too much pressure.
The reason to get one is that you can raise the pressure to simulate having bigger injectors. There is a fine tune point that you can raise the pressure, but not TOO much, that will benefit you that way. If you have installed bigger injectors you probably should have one as well.

If I had to guess i would say Picopop is getting ready for the dyno, and want to be prepared.:wave::cheers:

Pico
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I got my gauge Installed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/FPR/FPRGaugeInstall.jpg

87roach
01-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Looks good but it must be hard to read down there... you need a piece that has like a 45 bend on it so it's facing up to make things easier!

Pico
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Looks good but it must be hard to read down there... you need a piece that has like a 45 bend on it so it's facing up to make things easier!

Thanks
I just wanted to get the install done. On my next fuel filter change I'm going to redo the fittings

Pico
02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I purchased this New DC Header back in Nov. 07 from buish and it's been sitting in the box waiting for me to find time to install it. I got bored today and since my internet was down and I felt like working on the 3g I went ahead and took off the pacesetter header and swapped in the DC.
It's not completely done yet, I need to get a new oxygen sensor and it's too cold in the garage to finish up tonight, but here's some pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/NewDCHeader10.jpg
I guess it's a little too late to mail in this warranty card
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/DC%20Header/100_1350.jpg
Let me know what you guys think

Civic Accord Honda
02-24-2008, 06:05 PM
AWESOME!!!
send me that pacesetters lol

coope
02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
nice u need to run the guage inside the car if possibe

russiankid
02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Looks good Pico. Need some videos :)

Also, looks like your rack and pinion cover is oily. May want to check that out.

Pico
02-24-2008, 07:06 PM
AWESOME!!!
send me that pacesetters lol
:(

nice u need to run the guage inside the car if possibe
I've been looking into that, but then again I really dont look at it that much unless I'm messing around with the pressure

Looks good Pico. Need some videos :)

Also, looks like your rack and pinion cover is oily. May want to check that out.
Thanks Sam
I just noticed that too, I think it's time to replace the rack

russiankid
02-24-2008, 07:14 PM
:(

I've been looking into that, but then again I really dont look at it that much unless I'm messing around with the pressure

Thanks Sam
I just noticed that too, I think it's time to replace the rack

Its a bitch to do it, but do-able by yourself. I was able to do it, wasn't pleasant:violin:

86ccord
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
very nice car pico! very nice!

87roach
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Nice to get that baby finally installed, looks great man!

Pico
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Nice to get that baby finally installed, looks great man!

very nice car pico! very nice!

Thanks Guys :cheers:

MessyHonda
02-24-2008, 10:14 PM
good job man. but yeah..if you dont need that pacesetter il take it off your hands...my dx needs some power...haha

Pico
02-25-2008, 07:42 AM
^^Thanks Jesse
I put the pacesetter up for sale here http://www.3geez.com/forum/sr_classifieds.php?do=ad&id=110

forrest89sei
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Looks great :thumbup:

BITESIZE
02-25-2008, 12:54 PM
So that pacesetter will have a 3rd owner now. Yay for DC!

Cheeseburger
02-25-2008, 11:09 PM
looking good pico!

frantik
02-26-2008, 01:35 AM
looks sweet.. and now i'll never sell my pacesetter :crying: lol

2oodoor
02-26-2008, 04:29 AM
Purdy !!
:cheers:

RamThis
02-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Your hard work never ceases to amaze me Pico!!! I love your car!!!! :wave:

snoopyloopy
02-26-2008, 10:20 PM
sweet! that thing is so beautiful to look at. how long did it take you?

Pico
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
So that pacesetter will have a 3rd owner now. Yay for DC!

Looks great :thumbup:

looks sweet.. and now i'll never sell my pacesetter :crying: lol

looking good pico!

Purdy !!

Your hard work never ceases to amaze me Pico!!! I love your car!!!! :wave:

sweet! that thing is so beautiful to look at. how long did it take you?

Thank you all ....
Took me about 3hrs off and on snoopy, I had to replace the egr pipe because my old one had a crack on the flange and I was using JB Weld to seal up the exhaust leak

Pico
04-09-2008, 01:30 PM
got these today for the Accord
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1367.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1366.jpg

forrest89sei
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Sweet!

2oodoor
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I have seen a couple sets of those blue ones like that, perfect cond. in the JY. I wish I could find some grey ones, or even tan.. I think there are choclate brown ones though. Do they sit as good as they look , compared to the originals?

Pico
04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Do they sit as good as they look , compared to the originals?

They are so comfortable compared to the Accord seats, I has a pair of these in my 63 Bug and I knew when I saw these in the J/Y that I had to grab them.

russiankid
04-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Are these direct fit or any modifications needed?

Pico
04-09-2008, 04:10 PM

not sure yet, I know a couple of members here on the forum have them and they didn't mention any problems installing them

ghettogeddy
04-09-2008, 04:10 PM

i believe there direct fit

Civic Accord Honda
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
looks sweet
they 3rd gen lude or 2nd gen?

russiankid
04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
not sure yet, I know a couple of members here on the forum have them and they didn't mention any problems installing them

If it isn't a secret how much did you pay for them? I am thinking of getting some myself now:wave:

Pico
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
looks sweet
they 3rd gen lude or 2nd gen?
ya know I was so excited when I saw them I didn't see what year prelude it was :uh:

If it isn't a secret how much did you pay for them? I am thinking of getting some myself now:wave:
I got them at Pick N Pull for $60.00

2drSE-i
04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
you should have told him he would have to join the foundation to know pico!

anywho, from what im to understand, all the bolt holes line up except for one, which all you have to do is drill another hole.

MessyHonda
04-09-2008, 05:12 PM
good call on the seats Roger...i love em on my dx.

nswst8
04-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Did you ever put those gauges in?

2oodoor
04-10-2008, 03:04 AM
I forgot to ask, I see you got your car back, what did they find wrong with it?

frantik
04-10-2008, 03:31 AM
$60 for the pair? wow something which isn't a total rip off at pick and pull amazing lol

that makes me think i need to get out there and look for a replacement driver's seat if it's only gonna be $30 since mine is getting kinda worn out

looks good though pico :D

Pico
04-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Did you ever put those gauges in?
Nope not yet, but I will soon.

I forgot to ask, I see you got your car back, what did they find wrong with it?
Havent had the chance to take her in yet :(

$60 for the pair? wow something which isn't a total rip off at pick and pull amazing lol

that makes me think i need to get out there and look for a replacement driver's seat if it's only gonna be $30 since mine is getting kinda worn out

looks good though pico :D

Wednesday is 25% off all month

AndrewSi
04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
hey pico did the instruction sheet for you DC header come with a parts list with all gaskets, crush rings, and bolts? ive found a header but its missing the all the gaskets and stuff.

you know where i can get this stuff? thanks for any help!

Pico
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
hey pico did the instruction sheet for you DC header come with a parts list with all gaskets, crush rings, and bolts? ive found a header but its missing the all the gaskets and stuff.

you know where i can get this stuff? thanks for any help!

no parts list just installation instructions, for the down pipe you can use a suburu gasket
part # 44022AA20, 02+WRX, 04+STi, 90-95 Legacy
I got the info from Bitesize it's what he used on his DC, you just need to modify it a bit.
Here's a picture that he took of the gasket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/379742_510_full.jpg
hope this helps you out, the gasket on the converter side is stock size

AndrewSi
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
thanks man. you still use the OEM bolts to mount the header and down pipe right? Im getting the header and down pipe, so im missing all the bolts and gaskets. Just trying to figure out how im going to get it work out.

Pico
04-10-2008, 08:34 PM
thanks man. you still use the OEM bolts to mount the header and down pipe right? Im getting the header and down pipe, so im missing all the bolts and gaskets. Just trying to figure out how im going to get it work out.

the header has threads in it you just need to bring it with you to a hardware store and get the right bolts

frantik
04-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Wednesday is 25% off all month:rly: maybe i'll go out to freemont's PnP and check out the selection

Pico
04-12-2008, 05:36 PM
SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!

Cheeseburger
04-12-2008, 05:50 PM
sweet!

forrest89sei
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Yay!

Pico
04-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Almost Done
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1375.jpg

Cheeseburger
04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
looks good pico

mkymonkey
04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
are you going to die the seats?

Pico
04-12-2008, 10:48 PM
are you going to die the seats?

I'm going to get them reupholstered when I get $$$ and have the rear seats done to match.
It's going to be a while, but thats the plan

Hash_man_Se_i
04-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Lookin good pico... I have been trying to find lude seats in good shape at pick n pull and have had no such luck.

mkymonkey
04-12-2008, 11:30 PM
well if youre going to reupholster the seats might as well do ALL of it. all black interior ftw

Civic Accord Honda
04-12-2008, 11:39 PM
sweet

87roach
04-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Looks great man.

Pico
04-13-2008, 09:59 AM
looks good pico

sweet

Looks great man.

Lookin good pico... I have been trying to find lude seats in good shape at pick n pull and have had no such luck.

Thanks Guys.
These seats are really comfortable.

I know what you mean Hash_man,
I went to the yard just to pick up another EGR pipe and saw these and debated whether or not to get them, for the price and the condition they we're in I just couldnt pass up the opportunity of having them

frantik
04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
:thumbup:

mkymonkey
04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
hey bud where did you get the suburu gasket. i need one for mine

A18A
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
teh prelude seats look good

Cheeseburger
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM

im sure u can get the gasket at any parts store or the sub dealer :p

blackcougar141
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Those seats look good bro, wish I had went that route instead of getting those Sparco's.....damn their uncomfortable for a big guy...

Pico
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM

im sure u can get the gasket at any parts store or the sub dealer :p

yup just like cheese said..I went to Napa and got mine,but if you want the better metal gasket like bitesize did go to the dealer

Pico
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Those seats look good bro, wish I had went that route instead of getting those Sparco's.....damn their uncomfortable for a big guy...

I know what you mean, I has a set of Corbeau in my Jetta and it was a tight fit for me.:(

frantik
04-15-2008, 03:00 AM
hey pico you need those crazy rims again :D

http://swiftlytilting.com/images/lxi/julymeet/P1010018.jpg

89T
04-15-2008, 03:12 AM
no parts list just installation instructions, for the down pipe you can use a suburu gasket
part # 44022AA20, 02+WRX, 04+STi, 90-95 Legacy
I got the info from Bitesize it's what he used on his DC, you just need to modify it a bit.
Here's a picture that he took of the gasket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/379742_510_full.jpg
hope this helps you out, the gasket on the converter side is stock size
nice pico! I'll have to remember that.
if you guy's really want to you can modify a sbc copper or aluminum manifold gasket to work on the a20.i prefer the copper gasket because you have to cut it into 3 pieces,and you can soldier them back together.

Hazwan
04-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Lude seats FTMFW :D

Pico
04-16-2008, 08:23 PM
New toy from E-bay for my Baby
My 1st gen. Legend shift knob
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1383.jpg
Skunk2 Shift Knob
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1378.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1379.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1381.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1385.jpg

forrest89sei
04-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Skunk2 Shift Knob

Sweet!

Civic Accord Honda
04-16-2008, 08:41 PM
oh cool! :D
now give me that legend knob :deal:

Pico
04-16-2008, 08:49 PM
oh cool! :D
now give me that legend knob :deal:

PM me your address

MessyHonda
04-16-2008, 08:50 PM
sweet....do you like the shifting now?....i love mine

Pico
04-16-2008, 08:52 PM
sweet....do you like the shifting now?....i love mine

I'll find out tomorrow, I just got it today in the mail

Civic Accord Honda
04-16-2008, 08:54 PM
PM me your address:wave:

frantik
04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
u bastard cah i want a legend shift knob lol.. i just saw two in the jy today too but didnt evne thnk to look for one dur

Civic Accord Honda
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
lol iv never even seen a acura legend at a junkyard :O come to think about it iv never seen a acura in a junkyard

Cheeseburger
04-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Skunk2 Shift Knob

The best shifter ever! looking good pico! Your going to be happy with it! it weights more then te stock shift knobs so it helps going into gears better. I don't think ill ever trade mine for another type of shift knob :D good bye

BITESIZE
04-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Pico, did you paint the interior black?

frantik
04-17-2008, 02:50 PM
yeah he swapped in his parts car black pieces and painted the rest

Pico
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Pico, did you paint the interior black?

yeah he swapped in his parts car black pieces and painted the rest

Yup
Before Pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Donor%20Car/DonorDashGettingPainted1.jpg
After
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Donor%20Car/DonorDashGettingPainted2.jpg

BITESIZE
04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
How did I miss that?

Pico
04-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Another new part for my baby came in today :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/135ampalternator.jpg
135 amp Alternator from E-Bay
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/135ampalternator1-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/135ampalternator2.jpg

A18A
04-19-2008, 05:38 PM
oooo that looks nice

Civic Accord Honda
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
yay!! looks very nice :D

BITESIZE
04-19-2008, 06:02 PM
It's brand spaken new from the price and looks. I always wanted to purchase a high amperage one off of ebay , but very skeptical. Let us know how it works. I may be picking one up to upgrade my new 3gee. I have been debating on putting my amp and box in it. I would like to use something like the alt. you are using to back the system up.

Pico
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
It's brand spaken new from the price and looks. I always wanted to purchase a high amperage one off of ebay , but very skeptical. Let us know how it works. I may be picking one up to upgrade my new 3gee. I have been debating on putting my amp and box in it. I would like to use something like the alt. you are using to back the system up.
I'll be installing tonight so I'll keep you posted on the quality

mkymonkey
04-19-2008, 06:08 PM
so youre putting in a sound system in your car?

Pico
04-19-2008, 06:14 PM

I have a small amp and a 10inch sub in the car already, I dont really turn it up but when I do the light do flicker a little, so I figured I'd take a chance and see if this alternator will work out.
The seller had good feedback

BITESIZE
04-19-2008, 06:15 PM

Yah, Mr. Picoman are you putting an amp/speakersystem in the 3gee? I always do the clickaroo on your thread when I see it come up. Don't disapoint us. :cheers:

redaztec
04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Very nice!

Pico
04-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Alternator is in and this is the reading at idle with lights,fog lamps,heater,and defroster on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/0419082153.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
04-19-2008, 09:02 PM
nice :D

forrest89sei
04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Yay @ Pico :D

Hazwan
04-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Nice. Whats the voltage before the alternator swap?

Pico
04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Nice. Whats the voltage before the alternator swap?

with all the accessories on it would drop down to about 12.5 :(

A18A
04-20-2008, 01:39 AM
hey i want 2!

2oodoor
04-20-2008, 02:12 AM
is that alternator the same housing as oem?

Pico
04-20-2008, 06:04 AM
is that alternator the same housing as oem?

yes sir it sure is

russiankid
04-20-2008, 06:05 AM
Looking good Pico. Mine reads 12-13volts with everything on that you described and its stock.

redaztec
04-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Which seller did you buy it from?

Pico
04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Which seller did you buy it from?
http://stores.ebay.com/HI-AMPS-ALTERNATORS_HONDA_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ8044417QQ ftidZ2QQtZkm

Pico
05-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I bought these reverse glow gauges last year from nswst8 and was too nervous to take apart my cluster to install them. But today I said I can do it and here's the results. I just need to find some kind of paint to use on the needles.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/GlowGauges7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/GlowGauges5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/0518081438.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/0518081441.jpg

87roach
05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Right on man, looks sweet. Get some paint on those needles like you said and it will be lookin prime!

Is the white part cutting off the car(where it shows what doors are open)?

Pico
05-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Right on man, looks sweet. Get some paint on those needles like you said and it will be lookin prime!

Is the white part cutting off the car(where it shows what doors are open)?
Thanks
Nope I got the cover centered and everything is lined up now

Civic Accord Honda
05-18-2008, 12:38 PM
looks sick man! :D
now u should buy my chrome PCP bezel ;)

russiankid
05-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Those looks sweet!

guaynabo89
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Looks nice pico

Keep it up.

I suggest the lightest paint you can find.

I used a flourecent red/orange from HomeDepot and sparayed it very light but it still weighs the needles down a little. Its not noticeable though. The only reason I know is because my gas gauge doesnt stay in the same place when turned off and it sinks down.

Pico
05-18-2008, 06:04 PM
looks sick man! :D
now u should buy my chrome PCP bezel ;)
Thanks CAH but I think I'll stay with the stock bezel or wait till I find a fake carbon fiber looking one

Those looks sweet!
Thanks Sam

Looks nice pico

Keep it up.

I suggest the lightest paint you can find.

I used a flourecent red/orange from HomeDepot and sparayed it very light but it still weighs the needles down a little. Its not noticeable though. The only reason I know is because my gas gauge doesnt stay in the same place when turned off and it sinks down.

Thanks guaynabo,
I'm going to go over to one of the hobby stores and see if they have anything I can use

nswst8
05-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Use an air brush to coat those needles light coat only. Or you can take them to an airbrush shop and they can do it for you.

And you got the second greatest deal I ever made on this board Shipping and handling fee $4.60 Gauges $0.00

They look great, nice work, now get your tail over here and put mine in! Ha ha ha

Pico
05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Use an air brush to coat those needles light coat only. Or you can take them to an airbrush shop and they can do it for you.

And you got the second greatest deal I ever made on this board Shipping and handling fee $4.60 Gauges $0.00

They look great, nice work, now get your tail over here and put mine in! Ha ha ha

Sweet Vacation in Texas, I'll be there as soon as I can get away...:wave:
And Thanks Again for the Gauges.:cheers:

russiankid
05-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Pico, how hard was it to remove the gauge cluster? I am considering doing the Paul gauges, but if removal is a PIA I won't.

Pico
05-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Pico, how hard was it to remove the gauge cluster? I am considering doing the Paul gauges, but if removal is a PIA I won't.

it was easy, 6 screws hold the cover in place and 4 screws hold the gauge cluster in place.
once you unbolt the cluster just unplug everything and out it comes.
My one suggestion is try not to remove the needles, you should be able to slip the gauge faces over the needles

russiankid
05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
it was easy, 6 screws hold the cover in place and 4 screws hold the gauge cluster in place.
once you unbolt the cluster just unplug everything and out it comes.
My one suggestion is try not to remove the needles, you should be able to slip the gauge faces over the needles

Alright thanks! I'll tackle this after the move.

2drSE-i
05-18-2008, 08:30 PM
DO NOT remove the needles from the heat/fuel gauges for sure. You will not get them to work ever again. 4 gauge clusters in the dumpster to prove it. (literally...)

turabaka
05-18-2008, 08:50 PM
^^ mine both work fine. You just have to be carefull when you do it. I used two butter knives. One on each side of the gauge and I twisted them till the needle popped off.

EricW
05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
DO NOT remove the needles from the heat/fuel gauges for sure. You will not get them to work ever again. 4 gauge clusters in the dumpster to prove it. (literally...)

Done it twice never had a problem. Your just doing it wrong. I didn't use any special tools to remove them, just my fingers.

2drSE-i
05-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Done it twice never had a problem. Your just doing it wrong. I didn't use any special tools to remove them, just my fingers.

guess so. I used my fingers on the first one and it wouldnt go back on. Used a fork from there on out and it didnt work either. Might be a different model issue, because when iw as tinkering with an 86 gauge cluster it was WAY different.

EricW
05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
guess so. I used my fingers on the first one and it wouldnt go back on. Used a fork from there on out and it didnt work either. Might be a different model issue, because when iw as tinkering with an 86 gauge cluster it was WAY different.

True, I've only had experience with a 86 and an 87 cluster.

Pico
05-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Something new to compliment my MSD coil and 6A.
MSD 8.5mm wires
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1563.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_1562.jpg

Cheeseburger
05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Hotnezz Pico!

Pico
05-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Hotnezz Pico!

Thanks Cheese
I'm gonna start taking the car apart the end of June after the next BayArea Meet,
if all goes well,she's going to ready for paint.

Cheeseburger
05-31-2008, 10:27 PM
sweet! full exterior and interior paint job?

Pico
05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
sweet! full exterior and interior paint job?

not sure on that yet, my buddy is doing the paint and body for me. It's going to stay white but with a pearl. If we decide to go a different color then will do the interior to match

Cheeseburger
05-31-2008, 11:38 PM
sounds good!

forrest89sei
05-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Wires look great :D

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2008, 10:19 AM
wires look hot :D

russiankid
06-01-2008, 11:01 AM
I envy your engine bay Pico. Looking good as always!

Are you done with the break in period yet? How does she run?

BITESIZE
06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I like your spark plug wire holders.

NotFast
06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow I just read all 30 pages. I love all the detail you've put into everything.

coope
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
make me wish i still had my 3gee

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
lol i also just got done re-reading the whole thread :cool:

Pico
06-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I envy your engine bay Pico. Looking good as always!

Are you done with the break in period yet? How does she run?
Thanks, break in is done and she's running good, I've been driving the 3G to work almost everyday and my Acura is hardly getting any use

I like your spark plug wire holders.
Chevy V8 wire holders :D

Thanks wreckd87lx

make me wish i still had my 3gee
did I miss something? what happened to yours?

Wires look great :D

wires look hot :D
Thanks forrest and CAH

russiankid
06-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks, break in is done and she's running good, I've been driving the 3G to work almost everyday and my Acura is hardly getting any use

So how does it feel without A/C?

Pico
06-01-2008, 03:26 PM
So how does it feel without A/C?

as far as performance to be honest I cant tell, I really never did pay attention to it when I had it in.
As far as the real Hot weather we usually get it sucks, those are the days the Legend get driven :D

russiankid
06-01-2008, 03:34 PM
as far as performance to be honest I cant tell, I really never did pay attention to it when I had it in.
As far as the real Hot weather we usually get it sucks, those are the days the Legend get driven :D

I hear ya. With a carb, when the compressor kicks in its like hitting a brick wall. I have mine on all the time and can't go without it so I guess I have to suffer with the brick wall dilemma:(.

Pico
06-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Small Update nothing major.
I had a spare throttle body and ECU laying around and I figured I'd swap them out to see if it would make a difference in my unstable idle.
I did the TB first readjusted the cable and it helped a little, then I decided to do the ECU redo the timing and set the cam gear 3 degrees retarded and now the idle is holding steady.
She drives great on the street and freeway
Maybe the problems I had all along was the combination of those two parts, who knows Im just happy that shes running right finally

russiankid
06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Could have been the timing too, but glad it runs good!

Pico
06-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Could have been the timing too, but glad it runs good!

I messed with the timing the other day and I even went as far as removing the timing belt just in case I had missed something before when I did the belt and it still ran the same.
The adjustment on the distributor was moved all the way forward in order to keep the idle up if I moved it the slightest in the other direction it would sputter and die.
Now with the parts I changed over I'm able to move the dist. in either direction and get the timing set

russiankid
06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I messed with the timing the other day and I even went as far as removing the timing belt just in case I had missed something before when I did the belt and it still ran the same.
The adjustment on the distributor was moved all the way forward in order to keep the idle up if I moved it the slightest in the other direction it would sputter and die.
Now with the parts I changed over I'm able to move the dist. in either direction and get the timing set

Odd, so it would only idle at full advance? Maybe it was the ECU screwing up?

Pico
06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I dont know for sure I should have changed out the ECU a long time ago instead of messing around with everything else

russiankid
06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I dont know for sure I should have changed out the ECU a long time ago instead of messing around with everything else

Trial and error, thats how we learn. :gun: