PDA

View Full Version : b20a install help

3gmodifier
01-06-2007, 09:16 PM
ok i finally got my b20a a week ago after waiting 4 months since i bought it. i had it stripped to a block in the first 2 hours. i have basically just doing maintenance on it. i have clean the fuckin hell out of it and painted the block and tranny with hight temp engine enamal. that ceramic stuff. looks crazy. i stripped the valve cover down cuz the paint was all scratched up. i found this wrinkle finish paint that looks even better than the original. i have replaced every gasket that i could that it available in the us. replaced the water pump, got new plugs and wires, vaccum hoses, and i just ordered every single hoses possible that coolant flows through. so far its fuckin awesome. now i just dont know what i need as far as the engine harness. i have read a lot on hear about how to make it work with the prelude ecu but i have the jdm ph3 ecu so does any one know how it all works. is it just plug and play. i know the there is the extra cam sensor plug but besides that i dont really know what else needs to be done. and also, on the a20 there is that metal vaccum line cluster rail thing that flows along side the fuel rail. well on the b20 it is there but there is only 3 lines. but unlike the a20 the b20 has a bunch of vaccum lines on the manifold that were all clustered together. almost as if the 3g that this came from had the mystery vaccum box on the opposite side. does any one know what all the lines are for. i dont have/want a/c so i dont need one of those solenoid vavles in the box. any help would be great. i will get some pics up as soon as i can.

mykwikcoupe
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
you can use the stocl a20a harness and use b16a1 integra dizzy with vacuum advance. This makes it so its basically plug and play. As for the black box thingy it doesnt sound familiar. Id upgrade to a stock b16 intake manifold and trash the black box idea completely. I knoe carotman wrote a killer how to in the engine swap sections

carotman
01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Keep all the vaccum lines like they were plugged on the A20A. Reuse the metal vaccum lines and keep the A20A black box. The only ones you will need to remove are the ones for the vacuum dizzy.

The PH3 wiring is the same as the PK2. You can just follow the How-to

Do not use the A20A ECU on the B20A it runs way too lean.

Legend_master
01-07-2007, 12:14 PM
So this might be a little off the wall, but couldent you run a newer (obd1) distributor, b16 intake manifold with all OBD1 sensors and throttle body, and use a newer b20b(crv) ECU. That would eliminate all the vacume wires(except the FPR). I know this all sounds like a pipe dream, but in theory it should all work well.

Cheeseburger
01-07-2007, 12:19 PM
sweet! pics pics pics pics!!!!!!

next time im up in riverside ur going to have to let me check it out!

mykwikcoupe
01-07-2007, 01:04 PM
So this might be a little off the wall, but couldent you run a newer (obd1) distributor, b16 intake manifold with all OBD1 sensors and throttle body, and use a newer b20b(crv) ECU. That would eliminate all the vacume wires(except the FPR). I know this all sounds like a pipe dream, but in theory it should all work well.
thats actualy what Im doing. Im running the 92-93 non vtec dizzy off of an b18a1, running the wires for the obd1 upgrade and using a chipped P06 with crome. No vac lines at all. I think itll clean up the engine bay really nice. Im mounting the MSD 6AL on the bracket that used to hold the black box in the passenger side corner along with the external coil as my brother who has a 93 teg says the internal coil in the dizzy has lots of problems.

Im hoping it turns out great and runs the 1st time on startup so i dont have to trouble shoot too much. The other nice thng about using the b18a1 dizzy it is has the exhaust pickup bult into it so I can use robs idea of the turbo cams without the hassle of having a groove ground into the cams.

Legend_master
01-07-2007, 01:31 PM
thats actualy what Im doing. Im running the 92-93 non vtec dizzy off of an b18a1, running the wires for the obd1 upgrade and using a chipped P06 with crome. No vac lines at all. I think itll clean up the engine bay really nice. Im mounting the MSD 6AL on the bracket that used to hold the black box in the passenger side corner along with the external coil as my brother who has a 93 teg says the internal coil in the dizzy has lots of problems.
Im hoping it turns out great and runs the 1st time on startup so i dont have to trouble shoot too much. The other nice thng about using the b18a1 dizzy it is has the exhaust pickup bult into it so I can use robs idea of the turbo cams without the hassle of having a groove ground into the cams.

I plan on doing the same thing with an a20, as soon as I get another accord. Mixed with a turbo it should make some great power (im am waiting for guaynabo to get his turbo).

carotman
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
The B20A ECU wouldn't work with our cars. It's OBD2

thegreatdane
01-07-2007, 02:59 PM

I havent had any problems with the internal coil B18 dizzy so far... I'm also running crower B18 cams.

hey 3gmodifier, let's see some pics!

Legend_master
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM

Then maybe a chipped b18b ECU, the ECU would be the easiest part of the whole swap.

mykwikcoupe
01-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Im running a T3/T4OE with a 57 trim and a stage 3 turbine. Im hoping it works as its been like a 4 year project so far. Ive dome alot of homeowrk and thanks to the guys like carotman and rob for doing tons of footwork pointing me int he right direction.

snoopyloopy
01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
say what? so the ph3 ecu is obd2?

3gmodifier
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
but what if i get the jdm engine bay harness and i have the jdm plugs from the ecu all the way to the engine bay. that with the jdm ph3 ecu, it should just be plug and play. i just dont know if the wires going to the instument panel are tied in any ware. like check/warning lights. i plan to get another 3g. i want to get a 2dr sei with grey on grey interior and just throgh all the good shit on it. kinda like starting over with a second chance.

shepherd79
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
but what if i get the jdm engine bay harness and i have the jdm plugs from the ecu all the way to the engine bay. that with the jdm ph3 ecu, it should just be plug and play. i just dont know if the wires going to the instument panel are tied in any ware. like check/warning lights. i plan to get another 3g. i want to get a 2dr sei with grey on grey interior and just throgh all the good shit on it. kinda like starting over with a second chance.

if you have the dash harness with engine bay harness and everything else. it should be plug and play.