PDA

View Full Version : Trunk weatherstripping

irondragon013
01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Is there a source for weatherstripping or will I have to hunt some down in the Junkyard that is in ok shape?

Steven

MessyHonda
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
try some oem seals like majestic hjonda

forrest89sei
01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Is there a source for weatherstripping or will I have to hunt some down in the Junkyard that is in ok shape?
Steven

I'd check the junkyard first, due to the fact it's like $80 for the seal BRAND NEW

Remedy
01-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Are you replacing the weatherstripping because your trunk is getting wet or because its ripped to shreds. If you are getting water and can't pinpoint the leak, its probably comming in through the tailights. Just FYI, I was going to replace mine and it turned out to be my tailight gaskets leaking :)

forrest89sei
01-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Are you replacing the weatherstripping because your trunk is getting wet or because its ripped to shreds. If you are getting water and can't pinpoint the leak, its probably comming in through the tailights. Just FYI, I was going to replace mine and it turned out to be my tailight gaskets leaking :)

Yeah same here!

the tail light gaskets are $18 each.

but it fixed my leaks

irondragon013
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
The seal around the trunk is leaking and in other parts it is worn and showing metal so it is time to replace it and stop getting my carpet soaked every time it raims. I think the junkyard is my first stop. There are a few 3geez in the yards around here.

Steven

Remedy
01-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah same here!
the tail light gaskets are $18 each.
but it fixed my leaks

I didn't replace mine, I used some polyurethane sealant I had left over from sealing the storm collar on my chimney. Its great stuff, bonds well and streches unlike RTV silicone. I hope I never need to remove my tailights :)