PDA

View Full Version : Windshield sprayer

russiankid
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Today i noticed the lines that run to the hood from under the fender for the sprayer, one of them is cracked and leaks a little when is used. Can i replace it with any tubing the same size or i need special Honda tubing of some sort?

A18A
01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
just any hose the same size will do, or you could just tape it up good, you can even use vacuum lines if they fit.. it's also good to change them if you have some shit in the lines, and clean out the tank while you're at it

Pico
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah just go to a local parts store and bring a piece of the hose with you and and match up the tubing

Cheeseburger
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah just go to a local parts store and bring a piece of the hose with you and and match up the tubing

yep!

russiankid
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Alright thanks. I know the tubing isn't clogged anywhere as to my nozzles spray well without problems. I may replace it this weekend. How hard is it to remove the fender?

MessyHonda
01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Alright thanks. I know the tubing isn't clogged anywhere as to my nozzles spray well without problems. I may replace it this weekend. How hard is it to remove the fender?

i would not remove it since it might not line up right after you put it back on...you know how 17 year old parts are...but yeah if it sprays good why replace it?

1ajs
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
the bolts for the fender.. along the top were the hood gods down is a bunch... one or is it 2 of them you need to open the door to get at them. theres also one at the botem of the fender that one is a bitc if its rusts down there... your going to need a 10mm or a 12mm socket to take the bolts out

theres one behind the turn signal so take that off might be missing cuple in some of ther places...

MessyHonda
01-08-2007, 09:26 PM
the manual might help you...but yeah it does have werid locations for bolts

Cheeseburger
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
for the fender there are bolts on the top of the fender, and on the bottom of the fender where the mud flap is. you also have to remove the screws that hold the inner fender with the fender itself. you have to remove the corner light too

shepherd79
01-09-2007, 08:31 AM
best and cheapest place to go is Home depot or lowe's. got o plumbing department and find the clear tubbing.
it works great and it will match to the rest of it.

Remedy
01-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I went to the hardware store and bought the clear pvc tubing, but the black stuff from autoparts stores is good too. I wanted clear so I could see if there was any crud in the lines. Anyway, carefully cut off the old hose so you dont snap off the plastic barbs on the "t" or "y" fitting (whichever you have) or either of the spray nozzles. You know along the length so it splits open and releases from the barb. You can use a little dishsoap or petroleum jelly to make the new tubing slide on easy.