PDA

View Full Version : Easier Suspension forum navigation.

Legend_master
01-09-2007, 01:30 AM
So I was thinking the stickies in the suspension forum could be compiled a little more clearly. Divide all the Suspension stickies into one thread and all the brake stickies into one thread. What do you guys think?

AZmike
01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
So few people seem to read them as-is; I'd expect even fewer to search through the 10-25 page conglomeration you're proposing.

I wouldn't mind reorganizing the information, but I don't think condsensing it into only two threads is a good solution.

ghettogeddy
01-09-2007, 12:13 PM
So few people seem to read them as-is; I'd expect even fewer to search through the 10-25 page conglomeration you're proposing.
I wouldn't mind reorganizing the information, but I don't think condsensing it into only two threads is a good solution.
i think hes talking more like putting them in there own section not in one big thread at least thats what makes sense to me so like dividing the suspension/brakes & wheels/tires up
make 3 separate links for them kinda like the carb/fi section

Legend_master
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes ghetto, i did mean something like that. We have 10 stickies with no organization to them. I was thinking you could click brakes and a thread would open up just as they did in the motor swap section.

Have one sticky like this:

Brakes

then a thread opens up with:
Rear Legend Caliper Upgrade (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54992)
11" rotors and Type R calipers (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54232)
TECHNA-FIT / EARL'S STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15668)

Then have another sticky that reads:

Suspension (springs, struts, braces, sway bars, ETC.....)

then a thread opens up with:

Dampers (a.k.a. shocks) (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48187)
New Third gen shock option (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54771)

and so on and so forth for the rest of the threads. I also believe that there are other threads that could be added if we were to rearrange the forum this way.

Oldblueaccord
01-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I like the stickies but my problem with them is some of the info is less than correct. And what seems correct has no referance made to where the info came from. Im a little bit of a stickler for where info came from and data to support it as well. Some has to do with the type of work I do.

I understand this is the internet but to step up to the next level of internet "car sites" I think it be a good thing that some of the things be cleaned up. Unless there's no interest in getting ads and sponsers to help off- set cost then I would just let be what is.

wp

snoopyloopy
01-12-2007, 01:03 AM
sounds like a good idea. a main brakes & suspension sticky that would then have links to all of them sounds like a good idea. but i agree w/ oldblue. a lot of the suspension threads could use a serious working over. some of the parts aren't even made anymore and they're still listed as available.

frantik
01-12-2007, 01:30 AM
it'd be cool if there was this place were we could all edit the info on the same page.. ;) it would be nice to get it organized, but who's gonna do it?

MessyHonda
01-12-2007, 09:24 AM
it'd be cool if there was this place were we could all edit the info on the same page.. ;) it would be nice to get it organized, but who's gonna do it?

where are the mods and admins when you need them....i remember a20a1 did some wiki work for us.

AZmike
01-12-2007, 10:56 AM
If the information in one of my stickies is no longer accurate post on the thread and I'll make the necessary correction; that's why I left them unlocked. If it's one of the locked stickies written by someone else PM me and I'll update it.

Would you rather see just the stickies organized in categories (brakes, suspension/chassis, wheel and tires) or have the whole suspension section broken divided that way?

Legend_master
01-12-2007, 11:10 AM
If the information in one of my stickies is no longer accurate post on the thread and I'll make the necessary correction; that's why I left them unlocked. If it's one of the locked stickies written by someone else PM me and I'll update it.
Would you rather see just the stickies organized in categories (brakes, suspension/chassis, wheel and tires) or have the whole suspension section broken divided that way?

I would like the section broken up, but I dont really know if that is waht everybody else likes.

frantik
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I think you could just combine certain stickies into one bigger post.. like there's two spings threads and two shocks threads, and one lowering thread that probably have a lot of the same info or at least similar enough to combine

maybe just combine them by group: suspension, wheels/tires, brakes

i dunno

2drSE-i
01-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I think you could just combine certain stickies into one bigger post.. like there's two spings threads and two shocks threads, and one lowering thread that probably have a lot of the same info or at least similar enough to combine

maybe just combine them by group: suspension, wheels/tires, brakes

i dunno

agreed. i remember when i was looking for my strut/spring combo it took me a few hours to get all my information straight because it was all pretty fuzzy...

as for combining or dividing, i think its fine the way it is, but as with most of the stickies, they may need to be updated or reorganized. I would be more than happy to re-write the spring/strut/sway bar stickies and combine them.

2drSE-i
01-13-2007, 09:29 PM
i think im gonna go ahead and take the liberty.

87accordlxi
01-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I merged a few of the threads that were dealing with the same subject, and moved a few others to the FAQ or How-to where they belonged.

The remaining threads are general threads each relating to one subject (Alignment, Shocks, etc). There are also two other threads on top - Jim's lowering thread and a thread containing discussion about brake lines. I am keeping Jim's thread becuse it's well-written on a very popular subject, and the brake lines thread contains ongoing discussion and moderators have the right to sticky any thread they feel is currently important.

Legend_master
01-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I merged a few of the threads that were dealing with the same subject, and moved a few others to the FAQ or How-to where they belonged.

The remaining threads are general threads each relating to one subject (Alignment, Shocks, etc). There are also two other threads on top - Jim's lowering thread and a thread containing discussion about brake lines. I am keeping Jim's thread becuse it's well-written on a very popular subject, and the brake lines thread contains ongoing discussion and moderators have the right to sticky any thread they feel is currently important.

Thank you, that looks much nicer. I hope this helps people find the Info a little better. I get a ton of PM's about suspention from all the Noobs.

Cheeseburger
01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
that would make finding things allot more easier

MessyHonda
01-20-2007, 10:15 PM
im still not happy....i tired to find some lowering springs and they only have like a set....the one that the place has is diferent...i need to call em up so you guys can update it.

forrest89sei
01-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Better!

Thanks!