PDA

View Full Version : Several questions from the newbie

85AccordHatchback
01-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Can you guys give me some websites where I can find performance parts for my car?
JDM JDM JDM???
What is the code for the 1.8L engine and what is swappable for it?
What is the widest wheel you can fit on the 85 Hatch?
I want to get the ball rollin as soon as i get it on my driveway...my wife is really not gonna see me...

ghettogeddy
01-12-2007, 11:26 AM
1) there are no performance parts websites
2) jdm means from japan
3) whatever wheel u want is the wildest one
4) most everything is custom
5)motor wise i think the a20 is the only thing swappable with out extensive modification
6) and most important use the search feature if one thing doesn't show try different wording most of everything and i mean everything has been covered on this site for the 1st 2nd and 3rd gen accords

85AccordHatchback
01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
i knew what jdm means, just wanted to know if there were anyplace i could find jdm parts or engines...i tried that button "see if this question has been asked already" and it eliminated the mojority of my questions. Thank you for your response

Ichiban
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
you can put a JDM B20A and 5-speed in your car. Extremely hard to find, though.

85AccordHatchback
01-12-2007, 12:15 PM
so i would need the 5spd from the B20 though right, or can i upgrade the current 5spd already in there?

Ichiban
01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
The transmission is specific to the B20A.

shepherd79
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
like they said, you stuck with slow, no aftermarket honda.
Your best bet would be to ditch the motor you have there and use A20 motor.
If you have carb, stay carbed, if you have EFI even better for more power.

mkymonkey
01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
or you could spend a shitload of hours and money and custom install a B series engine. everything would have to be custom. actually almost everything you want to do would have to be custom. shit even a cold air intake for an a20 is custom.

im sure you tried the search feature on the make a new thread page but did you actually try the search button at the top of the engine? most of the questions you asked have already been asked and answered many times.

MessyHonda
01-12-2007, 10:37 PM
yeah your best bet is to rebuild a a20 motor and put a weber on it and swap it in....but if you dont know alot about motor swaps...just put a weber into your car..

Ichiban
01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Your easiest swap would be an A20A3 from an 88-89 LX-i. The engine bolts in and you would have to run a fuel return line and the EFI wiring.

forrest89sei
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I think your Motor code is ES2
I think 6" is the widest wheel you can use. Like 15"X6"

MessyHonda
01-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Your easiest swap would be an A20A3 from an 88-89 LX-i. The engine bolts in and you would have to run a fuel return line and the EFI wiring.

it would be too much work unless it was a se-i but the only se-is were sedans for the 2nd gen

Ichiban
01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
What do you mean "too much work?" How many people here on the board have done EFI swaps? How hard can it be?

So what then is an easier swap? You tell me?

MessyHonda
01-13-2007, 08:49 PM
What do you mean "too much work?" How many people here on the board have done EFI swaps? How hard can it be?
So what then is an easier swap? You tell me?

personaly since i have been here i knoe like 3-4 guys that have done a full swap...i never seen it done in a 2nd gen...cuz with that money you can just buy a damn fuel injected car.

2ndGenGuy
01-14-2007, 01:21 AM
You could buy a fuel injected car. But he would be probably one of the only people with a fuel injected hatch in the US. I would love to see a turbocharged ES3, and what it could do. Is that engine even a CVCC engine?

offthahook
01-15-2007, 12:30 AM
You could buy a fuel injected car. But he would be probably one of the only people with a fuel injected hatch in the US. I would love to see a turbocharged ES3, and what it could do. Is that engine even a CVCC engine?

That would be sick! I have a 3 door and have done some time consuming mods that are off the wall slightly. I will go on record as saying I would NEVER attempt an ES3/FI in my hatch. They are out there and do give you more horses, but I'm not that ambitious. I don't know if the FI 85's were CVCC or not. My car is pretty unique the way it sits today v. the way it rolled off the line, but I'm not messing with the motor...

ejos_trg
01-05-2008, 02:36 AM
better you login at this website accordburuk.com all information have in website...but this website for our group n write in malay...any doubt you all can ask me ok.....