PDA

View Full Version : water valve was the reason why i never had any heat...

newaccorddriver
01-14-2007, 01:34 AM
well, i hooked up the hoses to bypass the water valve, and i miraculously had heat again. so i decided to take out the water valve and poured some water through it. it all seemed fine and everything, it even went under the tap and every little drop of water passed through without a problem. why is it that when i put it back in the car, i get no heat again? its a part im most likely replacing, but some answers would be nice too

shepherd79
01-14-2007, 06:46 AM
is your cable adjusted properly?

newaccorddriver
01-14-2007, 08:03 AM
yes, i looked at the valve while my friend was inside moving the slider. i saw its full range in motion

shepherd79
01-14-2007, 08:23 AM
well i am not sure what it is, but i still think that it is the cable. try adjusting it according to shop manual.

newaccorddriver
01-14-2007, 04:14 PM
well i am not sure what it is, but i still think that it is the cable. try adjusting it according to shop manual.

not the cable. i took the cable off and moved the lever both ways, it only got colder, not warmer... im not sure why its doing this, but i think im gonna try replacing that part completely. ill start off cheap though and flush the core when spring comes

88Accord-DX
01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Inadequate heat is usually caused by one of the three problems.
The engine thermostat is not working or is opening too soon.
The heater core is clogged or does not have adequate flow.
The blend door is not opening properly.

newaccorddriver
01-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Inadequate heat is usually caused by one of the three problems.
The engine thermostat is not working or is opening too soon.
The heater core is clogged or does not have adequate flow.
The blend door is not opening properly.

changed the thermostat, water valve flows perfectly fine, if i dont use the water valve, i get heat. im kinda lost as to where i should start, but i think flushing the heater core is what i should try for now.

w261w261
01-14-2007, 06:11 PM
If you have heat w/o the valve in line, and if the valve flows water, and if you get no flow when the valve is in line, then the valve isn't installed correctly. True?

ghettogeddy
01-14-2007, 06:22 PM
If you have heat w/o the valve in line, and if the valve flows water, and if you get no flow when the valve is in line, then the valve isn't installed correctly. True?
ya sounds like the valve is in backwards lol

88Accord-DX
01-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Check the coolant flow through the heater core with the temperature guage in full warm position. Both hoses should be hot going in & out of the heater core. If one hose is considerable warmer than the other, look for a blocked hose, defective heater control valve, or a restricted heater core.
If everything else is working fine, check the blend door. Make sure it is adjusted properly & is opening all the way.

newaccorddriver
01-14-2007, 07:22 PM
the valve is connected the right way. the first thing i did when i tried to fix the heat problem was to just bypass the valve, and it worked. after i tested the valve, i moved the blend door the entire range, only to find out it works. im guessing it might be slightly blocked as it gets from really cold, to just slightly cold

LX-incredible
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I had the same problem. Make sure that the hose clamp is out of the way of the lever on the valve.