PDA

View Full Version : 1.5'' Drop

MyGarbageLXi
09-04-2002, 03:34 PM
If i drop my car 1.5 how much do i need to change besides taht , like i know its gets ghetto on the tires and shocks if u drop like 2 or 2.25 and shit but if u drop only 1.5 do u need to change the struts and get those arms or a camber kit???:banghead: :banghead:

89AccordNate
09-04-2002, 03:36 PM
I wouldnt even bother dropping it 1.5". The drop is so slight no one will even notice. And you wont either if you dont swap your struts out too.

Nate.

Mike89Accordcom
09-04-2002, 03:39 PM
I first lowered my accord 1.75" and it wasn't very low. It was only low in front, because the way the springs were designed was, the back is all jacked up, so when people sit in the back, it evens out. But when your driving by yourself, then its low in front and high in back. I would go with least 2" drop that's your best bet dude.

MyGarbageLXi
09-04-2002, 06:21 PM
aight kids, im just looking for an easy drop, caue i have 2.25 springs here but damn its gunan cost alot to have em put on with all the proper sHizit needed, oh well, 'Dems da brakes' gues its gunna be some time
ill post pics when my Car project is Dun(everything), prollyanytime from mid Decemebr to around Late January/Early Feb

Jims 86LXI HB
09-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MyGarbageLXi
If i drop my car 1.5 how much do i need to change besides taht , like i know its gets ghetto on the tires and shocks if u drop like 2 or 2.25 and shit but if u drop only 1.5 do u need to change the struts and get those arms or a camber kit???:banghead: :banghead:

You'll need to change the struts with any drop. All lowering springs are stiffer. If you don't install a strut that can handle that stiffer springs you will have bounce and controll issues. 1.5" drops do not need camber correction. I had a 1.5" drop, even though I felt that 2" or 2.25" drops look better. I wanted (and rightly so) a insurance policy of sorts, that the extra 1/2" gave me. With the right struts on the car I didn't have to slow down to a crawl for speed bumps or driveways. Here's a pic of my car on a 1.5" drop, you'll have to ask yourself if it is a drop that will keep you happy. I though it was a compromise, looks vs what I needed.

1989 DX R
09-06-2002, 10:54 AM
I don't mind some fender gap. It's there for a reason ;)

jigga225
09-06-2002, 11:20 AM
Lowering a car can get to be an addiction.... you'll always want to go lower.

So you may-as-well stop stuntin and $$break bread$$ and do it right.