PDA

View Full Version : newbie question , aftermarket parts

latuya
01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Hello all,

I have been searching throught threads and reading differant post and I would like to know if there is a list of what parts (oem or afthermarket) that is interchangable with the 3gen accord. For example will the pully of a CRX fit or the shocks of a 3gen prelude. that sort of stuff. Or is most of the stuff that the majority have is it custom.
I just came up with an 87 accord lxi and I would like to transform it to a nice comfortable ride. please any information, comments, even flames are welcomed.

What mods does everyone have? Is the aftermarket product readily avaliable or does everyone have to basicly custom make everything?

thanks.

MessyHonda
01-15-2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=36

my car.... yeah most of the aftermarket is limited but you can get it for the right price.

ghettogeddy
01-15-2007, 08:33 PM
i have an aftermarket product for ya and its located at the top tool bar its called search lol
anyways everyone basically custom makes everything for there cars

PearlDrummer00
01-15-2007, 09:02 PM
No were to cool for tons of aftermarket support...;)

Bglad420
01-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Header, Custon CAI, 2" Drop, CF hood, JDM Dressup, Custom mandrel exhaust, Magnaflow muffler, Bride steering wheel, Working on OBD1 conversion, and turbo set up. BTW welcome to the forum!

forrest89sei
01-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Most everything is gonna have to be custom.

But they make Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signal housings, some ugly body kits, etc....

But on the 3gee Custom is the way to go.

There is a lot of GREAT inspiration on this forum, from other members that have done great things with there rides!

and Welcome!

hotdoghogie
01-15-2007, 11:30 PM
its not always custom its just modding civic stuff and crap... lol

snoopyloopy
01-16-2007, 07:19 AM
its not always custom its just modding civic stuff and crap... lol
= custom

and op: i have a civic short ram that i made fit, dc sports headers that were actually made for my car, as well as the exhaust. haven't touched the engine yet. but most parts are able to be bought as far as the engine goes, but you have to find them first.

POS carb
01-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Last time I checked...
there are 2 or 3 headers, maybe 1 catback exhaust system
there are 3 (?) direct fit body kits
there is 1 intake (for LXi/SEi only)
there is 1 sway bar upgrade
very few aftermarket shocks available
some ebay lights and gauges, maybe 2 styles to choose from

in essence the support is there but extremely limited
custom is the best
I have Volvo seats, Audi shifter knob, a weber carburetor on a ghetto ass adapter plate, bumper lights that I had to modify to make them clear, Audi HIDs, just to name a few

A18A
02-25-2007, 11:09 AM
this should help a bit http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63

MessyHonda
02-25-2007, 11:29 PM
:welcome: to the forum

A20A1
02-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Welcome

2oodoor
02-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Hello all,
I have been searching throught threads and reading differant post and I would like to know if there is a list of what parts (oem or afthermarket) that is interchangable with the 3gen accord. For example will the pully of a CRX fit or the shocks of a 3gen prelude. that sort of stuff. Or is most of the stuff that the majority have is it custom.
I just came up with an 87 accord lxi and I would like to transform it to a nice comfortable ride. please any information, comments, even flames are welcomed.
thanks.
can get you close, adjustable coilovers from a civic will fit 3gen accords, so will wheels