PDA

View Full Version : Few qwestions about Motor/Mod...

Tomisimo
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM
I have a idea!

The A20 and B20 is basicly same Engine becides of Head!? A mi right?
Only diference is thet A20's made from forget steel, but B20 is aluminium block! So far i know...

Whut i think is! -> IF I take a A20 block and weld all holes for the Head, then i shewe 1mm fron the topp of the block and deliver it to a Company thets makes parts for military, the we have here. They can colculate all holes and made them like a monufacturer. Thet way it will be posible to swap a B20 Head to a A20 block... It will be a Killer Engine!!!
Do the same with a trany!
Whut do you gyes think? is it posible?

Just dont j/k. Im dead serios!!!

ghettogeddy
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
its sounds posible but i think a20a1 can tell u why its not there are a few things that just wont line up correctly i think lol it all sounds plausible but u ave to make sure everthign lines up correctly and to do that it wound cost $$$$$$$$

Tomisimo
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
its sounds posible but i think a20a1 can tell u why its not there are a few things that just wont line up correctly i think lol it all sounds plausible but u ave to make sure everthign lines up correctly and to do that it wound cost $$$$$$$$

I didnt think it will be chep but its a killer motor. I know thet bolt holes dont line up with those thet on A20... thets whi i thinkin to weld them dead and make new ones thet will fit...

Edit: and it's a A20a4 i have in mi crashed Accord...

shepherd79
01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
oh my GOD. you have a lot to learn.
A20 and B20 are two diff engine blocks. people tried adapting B20 cylinder head on A20 block already. one guy got it runing but the engine didn't run for long.

You can't just shave the block. what are you going to do when the piston comes up to the top?

A20 block is not forged steel it is cast iron. B20A is made out of aluminum.

Tomisimo
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
So basicly you meen thet it will not work? and i made mistake there, i ment shave a 1mm of the head... and i have to lern, thets whi i bring thet qvestion to discotion here...

MessyHonda
01-16-2007, 04:39 PM
with all that money you can just put in a DOHC engine into the car.