PDA

View Full Version : Carb Rebuild Success

TechnoGecko
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Just thought I would post up here my success story. The 88 Hatchback with 177k on it has been running really poorly lately, especially in the cold weather. A few weeks ago it started randomly stalling at stop lights, while driving, and otherwise refusing to turn over whenever it wanted. Of course, it also developed the runaway idle issue that caused it to rev upwards of 3500rpm nearly all the time.

After searching around I found a place on the internet called The Carburetor Exchange, at http://carburetorexchange.com. I called them up and actually found out they are located in Phoenix. It cost me $229 for a rebuild carb, and only $45 to have them install and tune it. The service was great, and they had the car back to me in two days.

By far, it was the best $260 I've ever spent - the car runs amazing. Car warms up perfectly and steps the idle down incrementally every minute or two until it warms up fully, acceleration is silky smooth and the engine is far more responsive. Honestly can't even believe I was driving it the way it was earlier!

Just thought I would post my experience. They did a fantastic job and diagnosed all the vaccuum issues, replaced all the parts that needed replacement, and tuned the carbeutor so that it runs absolutely perfect.

Take care!

Jason

MessyHonda
01-17-2007, 09:03 AM
man sounds good.....i would def pay 45 bucks just to tune the carb since its already been rebuilt but i dont have time to tinker with it.

2oodoor
01-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for that post Jason, that will help many people here. As for the vendor CarburatorExchange, I have done business with them a few times for hard to find reman carbs. I have to say I was very pleased with the whole experience, and I also recommend them. It sounds like you saved lot of headaches and money as well by using them.
Folks , this business does internet trade and ships all over, they send you the return kit to ship your cores too!

forrest89sei
01-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Congrats!

To bad they in AZ otherwise i'd check them out.

MessyHonda
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Congrats!
To bad they in AZ otherwise i'd check them out.

can you say road trip?

forrest89sei
01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
can you say road trip?

Sweet!

Lets GO!

but you will have to install a hitch on your LX-i so my car can get towed there.

MessyHonda
01-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Sweet!
Lets GO!
but you will have to install a hitch on your LX-i so my car can get towed there.

im taking my dx maing...lol i need to get that shit tuned also...lol a20a1 POWWA!

forrest89sei
01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah!

Lets do it!

any AZ members that we can room with?

lol

MessyHonda
01-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah!
Lets do it!
any AZ members that we can room with?
lol

sweet....MIKE lives in az...hehe...3gee crash out..

forrest89sei
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
SWEET!

when you wanna go!

I never been out of cali!

2oodoor
01-18-2007, 04:38 AM
If you install it yourself they ship out these carbs, Im in Georgia and Ive got carbs from them with success.

the installed deal does sound good though.