PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax super turbo

jlaccord89lxi
09-04-2002, 04:42 PM
i am planning to do my exhaust really soon since my flex pipe has peeled back about half way and sounds like crap. Just wondering, since i live in Nova Scotia, Canada (salted roads capital of the world), what coating should i put on this muffler to keep it from corroding? Should i just go and get regular undercoating once i get the exhaust on? I know most of you guys in the US don't have this type of problem, but i thought i'd ask anyway.:help:

1988starter
09-04-2002, 05:17 PM
Dynomax is stainless or at least I think it is but it does have a lifetime warenty agenst rust.

Off the dynomax website

Patented flow directors channel exhaust flow for maximum power.
100% aluminized for sharp appearance and long life.
Fiberglass matting delivers a mellow, true performance sound.
Reduces backpressure for increased horsepower and fuel economy.

Immeraufdemhund
09-04-2002, 07:20 PM
what does this muffler sound like? is it super loud like some of the freaks here in TN drive? or does it sound cool? How good of a muffler is it? I got a price today of $360 plus tax, and header. Which would drive it up in the 400-500 range. Is that normal? that's for everything, muffler, flex pipe, high cat, and custom 2" piping. I'd have to get the headers.

smufguy
09-04-2002, 07:22 PM
just get a regular rust inhibitor that the car washes use. u cant do much about the exhaust and put like rubber coating on em. they need to be left alone as bare metal with just the rust inhibitor stuff.

smufguy
09-05-2002, 09:50 PM
The dynomax sound deep and mellow. not the ricy shit as those civic and integra guys. the 360 sounds a lil bit more expensive. if u give them the part and all the need is a 2.25" (dont get a 2") piping and weld it there. so it should be around 200 bucks to get it welded together providing u supply the parts. if they are gonna give u the parts and do it, its a good dea for 360.

Immeraufdemhund
09-06-2002, 05:55 AM
why would you say 2 and a quarter? the guys at the muffler shop said that 2 inch would do just fine. do our engines actually push that much garbage out? Does anyone have a .wav or .mp3 of it?

Immeraufdemhund
09-06-2002, 06:02 AM
I got a list off of dynomax of people are Knoxville TN and they gave me like 2 people who said that they dont carry dynomax. They said they could order it, but they dont install or carry headers. Is that common? I dowbt it's that hard to take them off and put on new ones, but if i got it is it reasonable to have someone at these muffler places put them on?

smufguy
09-06-2002, 11:21 AM
go to a muffler shop like midas or something like that, they shoudl be able to do a exahust job. Some dicks wont do it unless u buy the fucking part from them and that does not include ur piping. well ppl go with 2.25" piping because its much free-er flowing and does not hinder back pressure because ur header+cat+muffler.

as you know the physics with smaller diameter tubes is that they produce higher velocity outlet gases. And higher velocity stuff wears down stuff faster. Besides, 2.25" is more preferred over 2" and parts available have 2.25" on most of them. but if u wanna have 2" go with it. nothing wrong with it.

Immeraufdemhund
09-07-2002, 12:38 PM
what's a good place to look at tips? Internet or In person