PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Step By Step Instructions

PearlDrummer00
01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
So Im getting ready to do a 5 speed swap and ive pretty much got the whole process down...BUT peaople tell me if there are gonna be any difficulties its gonna be with the pedal box, so can anyone give specific "play bys" on switching the pedal boxes just so i go into this project with total confidence?

BITESIZE
01-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Switching the pedals is only hard since, it's in a tight spot, but being small helps.
I took out the whole steering wheel column to do it. Other than being in a tight spot, they are relatively simple and straight forward. Plug and Play!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_15_full.jpg

forrest89sei
01-17-2007, 09:04 PM
So Im getting ready to do a 5 speed swap and ive pretty much got the whole process down...BUT peaople tell me if there are gonna be any difficulties its gonna be with the pedal box, so can anyone give specific "play bys" on switching the pedal boxes just so i go into this project with total confidence?

Have you downloaded Pauls PDF Service manual for our cars?

if not : http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

snoopyloopy
01-17-2007, 09:06 PM
you have to take off the steering column. or at least disconnect it from the steering rack. but taking it out completely will make your life easier. in fact, taking the whole dash out won't hinder you in any bit as long as you're confident you can put it back. because you have to run the speedo cable in for the tach anyway. and it'll generally give your more room to work with. after taking the parts off in the jy, i think that's the way i'm going to go. and if you wait long enough, you'll get hte benefit of the how-to write up with pix i'll do when i do my swap.

BITESIZE
01-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey, you have a Pearl? I have a Tama. :)

PearlDrummer00
01-17-2007, 10:06 PM
heck yea dude been drummering since i was 7 years old.....but thanks for all that guys. It'll come in handy.