PDA

View Full Version : New Direction

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-21-2007, 02:53 AM
I decided to hold off on putting the turbo in february.This is what i am going to instead of turboing the b20a that i have in my accord i am going to setup my other b20a for turbo and put APR head studs for i can run more psi some thing like 12 to 15 psi instead of 8psi like i was planning .I also ordered all Autometer NV gauges and also a AUTOMETER NV DIGITAL WIDEBAND AIR FUEL RATIO GAUGE that dam thing cost a lot. The new date that i am shooting for the end of mach to have it in and running.Going turbo cost a lot of money to do but it worth it when you have the need for speed.:) http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_243_full.jpg

Bglad420
01-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Its all about how many dollars faster do you want to go in the racing world.

89T
01-21-2007, 07:35 AM
i havent been following you'r progress much, but did you do the forged pistons and rods on that motor?

thegreatdane
01-21-2007, 11:21 AM
good choice. So does that A/F gauge include a wideband sensor?

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-21-2007, 11:44 AM
good choice. So does that A/F gauge include a wideband sensor?
yes it does
http://i11.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/85/63/9662_1.JPG
http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/dc/e9/75_1.JPG
http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/c5/5b/26_1.JPG

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-21-2007, 11:57 AM
i havent been following you'r progress much, but did you do the forged pistons and rods on that motor?
The b20a you see on the stand is stock all i am doing to it is adding APR head studs and my stage 2cams to it with the turbo on it.Then after i get it in i will start the build on my other.I am going to take my time on it i want to do it right it cost to much to screw it up.

thegreatdane
01-21-2007, 12:16 PM
If that's the stage 2 N/A cams and not turbo cams you're speaking off then you'd be better off just using the stock B20A cams. The N/A cams will provide way too much valve overlap for a turbo application. Does the wide band have a pc connection with datalogging function?

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-21-2007, 12:26 PM
If that's the stage 2 N/A cams and not turbo cams you're speaking off then you'd be better off just using the stock B20A cams. The N/A cams will provide way too much valve overlap for a turbo application. Does the wide band have a pc connection with datalogging function?
I talk to web cam they are the ones who made the stage 2 cams for me thay ran the numbers and these cams or perfect for turbo these cams are a costom grind from web cam.
Web cam.........Intake.........Exhaust................ ...................Crower cams.......in..............Ex
valve lift...........420...............430.............. ..............................................466. ..........445
Duration:..........230...............237.......... .................................................. 308...........309
Duration@050 :.200...............205........................... .................................233...........235
Lobe Center......110................112................ .............................................n/a............n/a
Intake opens -10 Before TDC Exhaust opens 34.5 Before BDC
Intake Closes 30 After After BDC EXhaust Closes -9.5 After TDC
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_182_full.jpg

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Does the wide band have a pc connection with datalogging function?
I dont know i need to look it up:dunno:

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-21-2007, 01:51 PM
wide band have a has datalogging function with in

TWOLOUDNPROUD
05-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Bump

RobT5580
05-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I hope you dont have issues like i had but more or less the majority of mine came from the machine shop i used and i will take credit for some other stuff. But all and all i learned a lot granted at a huge expense but im addicted to boost and cant wait to have the B20A done up again.

Good luck!

AccordEpicenter
05-14-2007, 05:06 PM
im addicted to boost also and hope to have my a20T back running this year too. 3g accord boost>*

guaynabo89
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
yup same here

hoping it happens by this summer :(

RobT5580
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
One word of advise is get a good boost controller that is what killed it the last time granted i knew i had to rebuild because raceeng sent the wrong rings which i found out after the fact. But my boost controller failed and i drove it like that because i was pulling it out but i definately spiked into the mid to high 20's and that would definately damage a stock block for sure. I was impressed that it took the abuse i gave it because i expected the headgasket to give at the higher psi but it never failed.

Needless to say i will be doing something different as far as a boost controller goes.

guaynabo89
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey Rob...

I'm thinking maybe using a perrin electronic boost solenoid controlled by the aem. is that what your planning to do?

AccordEpicenter
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
what headgasket were you running rob, copper? composite? MLS? O ringed? Im gonna try my luck on a stock composite first (with headstuds yo)

guaynabo89
05-17-2007, 08:46 AM
same here.

oem honda head gasket copper spray and headstuds.

RobT5580
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I had my eye on the turbo xs dual stage or maybe the 3 stage which i know someone that had it. Im will just do some research when im ready on the reliablility. I had the GM solenoid on my AEM and something went wrong somewhere but it worked the first time around when it was tuned on the first motor.

As for headgasket i was running an OEM JDM Honda headgasket with ARP studs and i cant recall but one of the times i used a few coats of copper spray and it worked good. I was impressed i never blew the gasket with the boost spikes because basically i had not boost control other than my foot on the pedal. I did damage my pistons from it but never had a hg problem even on many spikes. I can say when i used the copper spray the hg was hard to get off but thats kinda the point to seal it up so if you ask me it did its job. But i dont remember which time that was because i went through a few in my mishaps!

Tuning is key though and i was big on watching my temps, oil pressure, and wideband to make sure it was always in line. If you do it right i would expect to see some decent miles out of it. But i do expect problems when your putting out that kind of power but its part of the territory of boost.

AccordEpicenter
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
i was originally going to go and o ring the block but everybody told me to forget about it, it causes more harm then good... and i never had headgasket problems even without headstuds on boost spikes in the 17psi range

guaynabo89
05-19-2007, 03:23 AM
rob what kind of spray did you use?

I think in the aem program you can set desired boost levels per rpm, speed and what not pretty much making it as many stage as you want I think.

I read that the gm solenoid when it fails gets stuck in an open position. And that the perrin/aem solenids when failed would get stuck in the closed position so they wouldnt overboost and destroy your engine like the gm one. It looks fairly complicated setting it up though so unless I get the man you suggested for tuning i might just go with a stand alone electronic type boost controler.

accordepicenter

yeah my buddys lude was at about 9-11 psi on a stock h22 with no problems. well that is of course until it spiked a couple of times when he pushed up to 19 psi! luckily tough the ringlands on the piston was the first to go so no serious engine damage

RobT5580
05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I used copper spray that i had from when i used a copper head gasket that was o-ringed. My opinion on o-ring is its not worth it and you can end up with coolant leaks. Mine didnt leak but i was not impressed with it even though i didnt get to test it under boost. I was impressed with the stock B20A gasket granted it was not boosted a long time but it took the boost spikes. But its the only option i have unless i go back to copper and i wont unless need be.

As for the boost solenoid i didnt see that perhaps i will try the perrin one next time. I definately like using the AEM EMS for boost control it saved me money and i might as well get my moneys worth out of the options it has. And yes its not easy to set up and best left to a proffesional. I messed around with the EMS a little and its definately complicated but i was impressed with it to say the least.

guaynabo89
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
yeah agreed.

ive played with mine as far as changing some settign and trying to get the idle right and thats about it, definately didnt even scratche the surface of what it can do.

3geeandEF
06-21-2007, 08:09 PM
slap a GT42R turbo from garrett on that bitch and call it a day!