PDA

View Full Version : I need some Help.

MHB86Prelude
01-23-2007, 05:10 PM
My car will run good for about 30 mins, But it doesn't go over 5500 rpm. then after 30 mins it will start to Boag & it gets worrs the more I drive it, But it will go up to 7000 rpm. It seems like it runs rich, so I got a B&M FPR, I set the psi at 30 psi, Still did the same thing. SO I put it up to 60 psi, & still did the same thing, so this problem has nothing to do with the Fuel psi. werd thing is it only starts Boaging after it runs for about 30 mins, car doesn't get hot or anything like that. So what do you think I should do?

Thanks

njpeter
01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
check the spark, it should be nice and health..I had a bunch of coils that "looked good" at first, then tossed fits after running for a while, I melted my cat the first time I ran into that problem. There's some info on using elcheapo "regualr coil"..majestic sells the original for $66..pepboys sells the thrid party for $30 or so.

MHB86Prelude
01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I have a new Blaster 3 coil. & new spark plugs & wires. I also have no cat.

Thanks

njpeter
01-23-2007, 07:30 PM
so why didn't you mention that from the get-go>, after 20 years with 3 g's I never trust a new coil...:-) ( or any new electrical part for that matter)

and....how's the spark looking after 30 minutes?..or do we need a basics lesson here? no doubt your rings ain't going on vacation or you have a head gasket leak that goes away or maybe you aren't actually getting the expected fuel pressure..got a guage on that?..all voices point to ignition at the moment..come back later and tell me the spark will stop a dragon and I'll shuddup and let one of our other resident experts jump in here...

don't mind me..having a bad night

azazel_18_2
01-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Like he said. Check the coil after it has been running for 30min. When coils start going bad they start shorting out when they warm up or burn out all together. Check all your ingition components. Take the cap off and check for red dust. My bearing in the distributor went down and tore up my cap something terrible. It ate 2 terminals off. Check it out and let us know.

shepherd79
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
are you getting any ECU codes? check ECU after 30 minutes of driving.