PDA

View Full Version : B20A5 in a 3G Accord

fungy1977
01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Eveyone

i have read about doing this is not a good idea casue on the way the engine faces. i am just curious if the bolt pattern on a20a3 is the same as a b20a5 engine. If so the all one has to do is use their old trans and take out the front crossmember to a prelude and mount it up.

MessyHonda
01-23-2007, 07:28 PM
it wont fit at all....you can get a b18 to fit with mounts and it faces the right way. but that is like a 3-5k cost.

Legend_master
01-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi Eveyone
i have read about doing this is not a good idea casue on the way the engine faces. i am just curious if the bolt pattern on a20a3 is the same as a b20a5 engine. If so the all one has to do is use their old trans and take out the front crossmember to a prelude and mount it up.

Read this thread (http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83) it is located at the top of the engine swap section and tells everything you need to know about engine swaps into these cars, also the search funtion works very well for the answer to this question. There really are not that many options as to what you can swap into your car, but for the same price you could rebuild the a20 and turbo it :dunno:

snoopyloopy
01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Eveyone
simple answer: no. b20a5 leans backward, towards firewall, a20a3 leans forward, toward the radiator.

fungy1977
01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey

Thanks all for all the quick replies. The only reason the b20a5 leans back is becasue of the trans that is mounted to it. i want to use the trans out of a 3G accord and mount it to it. that will take care of the angle if it can mount to a b20a5 block. that being said then all you have to do is take out the front crossmember from the accord and user the prelude one.

Legend_master
01-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey
Thanks all for all the quick replies. The only reason the b20a5 leans back is becasue of the trans that is mounted to it. i want to use the trans out of a 3G accord and mount it to it. that will take care of the angle if it can mount to a b20a5 block. that being said then all you have to do is take out the front crossmember from the accord and user the prelude one.

Actually it leans back because all the mounts set the engine back. I believe the block is longer then most of the other engine. That means it would go through the hood if you mounted it upright. Also the a20 tranny will not attach to the b20a5 motor.

fungy1977
01-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks again.... It was a thought of swapping parts. oh well.

snoopyloopy
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah, practically no parts will swap between the two engines. or that engine and the b20a engine that does fit the 3g.

bullard123
01-23-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah, practically no parts will swap between the two engines. or that engine and the b20a engine that does fit the 3g.
There are a few parts that use can use off of the B20a5 that willl fit the B20a. The alternator will work,valve cover, headers, crank, cam gears, ecu (pk2) downpipe and a few more parts i can't think of right now lol