PDA

View Full Version : Removing drivers side carpet?

Jonessoda27
01-25-2007, 02:32 PM
After my sunroof leak, it's been about a week now and the water won't dry up, so I was thinking of taking a blow dryer to the underside of the carpet. Only problem is I don't know how to take it of past half way because of the trunk and gas consoles and the seats. Can anyone give me any insights on how to do this? I really only want to peel it back enough to be able to blow dry the entire area at the drivers feet.

Thank you VERY much!

MessyHonda
01-25-2007, 02:39 PM
you have to wiggle the carpet around the turnk and gas thing..the plastic did not come out when i wanted to take my carpet out.

Jonessoda27
01-25-2007, 04:18 PM
That surely can't be enough to get the piece to move, and second, how to you get it back under the trunk piece afterwards to the way it was?

njpeter
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
you gotta move fast or it's gonna get nasteee in a hurry..get a bucket of mositure absorb from your local hardware store if you don't get that rug out in the next couple of days

MessyHonda
01-25-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah like i said i did not movie it the carpet wiggled and it came lose...i didnt have a seat or anything so it made it easy to take it out.

Jonessoda27
01-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Moisture Absorb?

Is this the answer to all my problems?

Just spread it around and it will dry up everything??