PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Advance Diaphragm

russiankid
01-27-2007, 05:18 PM
My (title) went out yesterday. I checked around to see where it's cheaper to get a new one, and it seems to be to order it from Advance Auto. The brand that i looked at was the GP Sorensen. Is that a good brand? Will it work fine or should i order one from hondaautomotiveparts.com?

shepherd79
01-28-2007, 07:04 AM
advance autoparts will work fine as long as you don't have EFI. Advance doesn't carry right vacuum advance for EFI engine. They say that they have but it is for carbed Tec distributor. I found that hardway.
you should be fine.

russiankid
01-28-2007, 08:07 AM
advance autoparts will work fine as long as you don't have EFI. Advance doesn't carry right vacuum advance for EFI engine. They say that they have but it is for carbed Tec distributor. I found that hardway.
you should be fine.
I have a carb, so i should be ok then. Thanks!

cygnus x-1
01-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Those ones from Advance Auto seem expensive. Try www.hondapartsdeals.com. I've ordered lots of parts from them. Good prices and all OEM stuff.

C|

AccordEpicenter
01-28-2007, 02:58 PM
just get a good distributor from the JY or eGay or somthing, then just swap it out.

shepherd79
01-28-2007, 07:00 PM
just get a good distributor from the JY or eGay or somthing, then just swap it out.
why would you replace distributor with another one from junk yard. most of they have broken diaphram anyway. it is easy just to buy a new one and have a working distributor.

russiankid
01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
why would you replace distributor with another one from junk yard. most of they have broken diaphram anyway. it is easy just to buy a new one and have a working distributor.
That's what i was about to say. My distributor works just fine, it's just the diaphragm doesn't work.

carotman
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Same thing with me. I should order a new diaphragm I guess. They're a bit expensive tough.

MessyHonda
01-28-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah not cool...OBD1 swap ftw...no more vac lines.

russiankid
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Same thing with me. I should order a new diaphragm I guess. They're a bit expensive tough.
I'm ordering mine for hondapartsdeals.com. They seem to have the best price.

parkersnine
03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
What are typical symptoms of Vacuum Advance Diaphragm failure? Is it also called Vacuum Control Assembly on HondaPartsDeals.com?

Dr_Snooz
03-28-2010, 08:02 AM
The symptom is that it doesn't hold vacuum. Put a handheld pump on it and see if it holds. Failing that, you can press in the plunger, put your fingers over the holes and see if the plunger stays down. If it doesn't, then you need a new one.