PDA

View Full Version : Bad Suspension noises....

Alexi3rdgen
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Everytime I turn the wheel sharply, there are repeated clunking noises coming from the suspension. Also sometimes when I stop there's a single clunk. My roommate thought it may be the CV joints. Any thoughts? Also, how long will the car drive like this before something bad happens? And what will happen if it fails? (Since there's so much front end damage already, I don't want to put any money in the car if I don't have to)

Wes

theDougler
01-28-2007, 11:37 PM
yes that is your CV joints when you turn sharply, as for the clunk when you stop its most likely a ball joint.

MessyHonda
01-28-2007, 11:41 PM
yeah not a good sign...replace the stuff b4 it gets any worse

87lxiaccord
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
cv axles are pretty easy to take out if you have a little experience and basic hand tools (and impact gun) they shouldn't cost much either i know the core charge is alot though so be sure to bring them back and not throw them away or anything

Legend_master
01-29-2007, 07:05 PM
, as for the clunk when you stop its most likely a ball joint.

:werd: check and make sure your lower ball joint has not separated and only being held in place by the coder pin. Mine did this after I replaced them once.

MessyHonda
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
:werd: check and make sure your lower ball joint has not separated and only being held in place by the coder pin. Mine did this after I replaced them once.

hey legend how hard is it to replace the lower ball joint? ima try to tackle it on wed....does the whole hub need to come out? we dont have a press just a 3 pound hammer...lol

Crazybird
01-29-2007, 08:43 PM
lol we were driving my car once and the ball joint let go and holy shit that was scary... and of course we were on a bridge too lol

advice go fix ballpoint problems

teck
01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
sounds like a balljoint my stepdad had the same problem about a year ago