PDA

View Full Version : NEW SUSPENSION, would like good advice

ZackieDarko
01-29-2007, 04:53 AM
SUP

i recently decided to re-do my suspension cause well this one is going on 21 years old and it needs to go

here is a list of what i have already bought and am planning on buying atm

already bought:
tokico blues

planing on buying:
springs (still haven't decided on which ones, would like some suggestions on them)
ST swaybars (mmmm valentines day present from the girlfriend)
camber kits all around (haven't decided on those either)
full set of justins bars (when ever he decides to make more)
15's with some good rubber

i was thinking of replacing all the bushings with poly's (if i can find them, links would be very much appriciated) and all the ball joints as well

i want this thing to handle as well as it can with the tokico's ....i would like koni's but these are the best i can do...i don't want a huge drop ...just enough to make it handle well in the twistys and at high speed on the freeway

this is going into an 86 LX-i hatch btw

nswst8
01-29-2007, 05:06 AM
Revalved Bilsteins is your only other option since Konis are not available any longer.

ZackieDarko
01-29-2007, 05:09 AM
that was quick

what ab00t the rest of my questions?

Legend_master
01-29-2007, 05:36 AM
I posted all the item # for the poly bushings in my suspention thread. Check there for alot of usefull info.

MessyHonda
01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
yeah man these cars handle great with new suspensions....just with tokicos and front and rear sturt bars....wut a diff....its like a whole new car. sounds like a nice set up. i also want to do all that. i went ahead and also got the se-i set up.

with springs....h&r or neuspeed...

anyways sounds like a solid set up.....just dont pull your hair when you are up in the 1000 buck range....i think i already passed it...but it was worth it.

AZmike
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd recommend you try the new shocks with the stock springs along and stiffer anti roll bars before getting stiffer springs. You will get improved response from the additional roll stiffness of the bars without the ride issues from using a spring that is too strong for the damper.

ZackieDarko
01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
i cant use OEM springs well i could use them in the back but the fronts were cut by the previous owner (supprisingly the car isn't bouncy at all and actually handles pretty well for stock)