PDA

View Full Version : engine diesels when you turn it off

josephgilpin
01-29-2007, 09:51 AM
yeah i just put a webber on it butt the POS diesels win you turn it off
and i think its some thing with the EGR valve butt i dun no some one told me to get a header or un hook the EGR toob and cap off the EGR header port
have any of you had this prob.

MessyHonda
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
:welcome:

shepherd79
01-29-2007, 10:02 AM
dieseling can be caused:
1. Built-up carbon in the ignition chamber can glow red after the engine is off, providing a mechanism for sparking unburnt fuel. Such a thing can happen when the engine runs very rich, depositing unspent fuel and particles on the pistons and valves. Similarly, non-smooth metal regions within the piston chamber can cause this same problem, since they can glow red. It has also been suggested that an improperly rated sparkplug can retain heat and cause the same problem.

2. A carburetor that does not close entirely can contribute to running once the engine is off, since the extra fuel and oxygen mixture can combust easily in the warm piston chamber. Similarly, hot vaporized oil gases from the engine crankcase can provide ample fuel for dieseling.

3. Incorrect timing.

4. An engine that runs too hot or too lean may produce an environment conducive to allowing unspent fuel to combust.

5. An idle speed that is too fast can leave the engine with too much angular momentum upon shutdown, raising the chances that the engine can turnover and combust more fuel and lock itself into a cycle of continuous running.

I am going to say something is wrong with carburator or your timing is way advanced.
check the timing first. after that move on to the carburator and make sure it idles around 800-90. make sure the gas pedal cable isn't too tight. loosen it up and check for idle. make sure the throttle plates close up. check and recheck everything.

shepherd79
01-29-2007, 10:03 AM
dude learn to spell then come back
be nice.

it is fixed.

MessyHonda
01-29-2007, 10:10 AM
be nice.
it is fixed.

woot...anyways.....i dont think a header would solve his problem....that is more of a mechanical problem then geting the head to flow better.

shepherd79
01-29-2007, 10:12 AM
well, weber supposed to be bolt on upgrade, but it is not like that. you still have to make sure it is working right and tunned properly.

EGR valve would have nothing to do with dieseling. all it does is actually sends exhaust back into intake. it should reduce dieseling.

2ndGenGuy
01-29-2007, 10:27 AM
My Weber did it too. The mixture was off. I pulled the screw out a half turn and it took care of it.

2ndGenGuy
01-29-2007, 10:28 AM
dude learn to spell then come back

Kinda funny that you tell someone to learn how to spell, then you leave out all correct punctuation and correct capitalization.

MessyHonda
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Kinda funny that you tell someone to learn how to spell, then you leave out all correct punctuation and correct capitalization.

hey man...as long as the words are spelled right i have no problem....its like trying to understand a 2nd grader when the words are not spelled right. i dont see anyone on here that capitalizes a word...lol :welcome:

2ndGenGuy
01-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I do... but thanks for the welcome. :lol:

josephgilpin
01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
hay guys i know why its deseling
my cooling fans are not working. the heat switch for the fans is dead. and my car over heated today and the fans never kicked in.:violin: but shes ok she is still in runnig order.

thanks for the help
joe

88Accord-DX
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
I was wondering where & what did that Weber run you if I can ask.

josephgilpin
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
And yes my spelling is bad i'm a EX. PoT Head i cant help it.:)

MessyHonda
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
And yes my spelling is bad i'm a EX. PoT Head i cant help it.:)

we are all fam here...:welcome: sorry if i sounded like a jackass. :slap:

josephgilpin
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Its Cool man:rice:

lostforawhile
02-01-2007, 07:53 PM
mine does that too sometimes, but I know it's because the snake injection system is screwed up. it will be gone shortly though,retired to a box in the loft.