PDA

View Full Version : i need help on making a dec. to get a 89 accord

LUTHOR-CL
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
hey guys, im new here on this forum, i just want to kno if it is worth it to buy an 89 accord lx 4doors carburetor,exterior:gold interior:brown w/ 61500 miles for $750. i dtest drove the car, but felt it was a little sluggish. and wheni was at a stopsign, the car would idle low and would seem like it would shut off. the guy said its bcoz its a carburetor. i have never oqned a carb. car so would i ever have long term problems and is it worth it to buy the car. it drove fine, not loud engine noise and brakes was ver good. few dents, and it has a cd player.

MessyHonda
01-30-2007, 07:05 PM
man that car is mint if it has thoes many miles.

cubert
01-30-2007, 07:06 PM
If you had the ability to clean a carb...id say go for it...if you have all your work done at a shop...it still isnt a bad dead, but maybe look for a fuel injected car

teck
01-30-2007, 07:10 PM
low low miles...might just be a carb adjustment

LUTHOR-CL
01-30-2007, 07:27 PM
The Ride Just Feels Weird I Guess Coz I Have Never Driven A Carb Car. I Want To Buy Just For Driving Around, Errands, Teach My Girl How To Drive, And To Work. Coz I Dont Want To Drive My Cl-s As A Daily Car, Just On The Wknds. So Thats Y Im Looking For A Daily Car, Plus I Live In Brooklyn,ny And Ppl Here Dont Kno How To Park.

So Guys, I Should Buy It Then? I Kno The Miles R Low But Its 18 Yrs Old, The Car Was Owned By An Old Man And Cant Drive Anymore. Thats Y The Miles R Low.
So Any Other Known Problems W/ This Car? Or Major Problems In The Long Run? Thanks Alot Guys.

Are The Carb Parts Hard To Find? Or/and Costly To Repair?
Thanks For The Help And Advices.

Beanshonda55
01-30-2007, 07:46 PM
is it auto or 5spd?

LUTHOR-CL
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
is it auto or 5spd?
AUTO

frantik
01-30-2007, 08:31 PM
it's a good deal but i'd recommend looking for an 5speed LXi instead of a carb model. if you just need a beater to get from point a to b though, it'll be fine

88Accord-DX
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. The carbs on these cars are a pain in the ass. If you can, find a fuel injected one.

Civic Accord Honda
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
sup and welcome to the forum if it is just your DD go ahed and get it and maybe you will want to later get a LX-i 5speed

LUTHOR-CL
01-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks Guys, I Already Have Another Car Though, Its An Auto Acura Cl Type S. I Just Want To Get A Car As A Daily Driving, Like T Get To Work, Errands And Pass This Car To My Gf When She Learns How To Drive. I Just Want To Keep It For A Yr, Then Sell It. Then She Can Get A Newer Honda, Coz Im Not Letting Her Drive My Cl,lol Yet. Few Yrs Maybe. I Dont Want To Get A Manual, Coz I Live In A City Thats Continous Traffic. Plus My Gf Wants An Auto, Its Easier For Her For Now.

How Bad Are The Carb On These Things Anyway? A Hassle Or Too Much Money To Spend On? Coz I Dont Want A Car That Will Break Down On Her. Thanks.

MessyHonda
01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks Guys, I Already Have Another Car Though, Its An Auto Acura Cl Type S. I Just Want To Get A Car As A Daily Driving, Like T Get To Work, Errands And Pass This Car To My Gf When She Learns How To Drive. I Just Want To Keep It For A Yr, Then Sell It. Then She Can Get A Newer Honda, Coz Im Not Letting Her Drive My Cl,lol Yet. Few Yrs Maybe. I Dont Want To Get A Manual, Coz I Live In A City Thats Continous Traffic. Plus My Gf Wants An Auto, Its Easier For Her For Now.
How Bad Are The Carb On These Things Anyway? A Hassle Or Too Much Money To Spend On? Coz I Dont Want A Car That Will Break Down On Her. Thanks.

its a good starter car...i leaned how to drive on a 88 honda accord dx....but if you are really serious get a fuel injected one...look like you just need a beater....it should be good. for now..and if it gives you problems we can help you.

frantik
01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I Dont Want A Car That Will Break Down On Her. Thanks.

you'll be happy with a 3gee then :) just get it checked out especially the idle problem

Crazybird
01-31-2007, 11:21 AM
piff carbs are a way of life efi is for pussys we have 5 cars in my yard that are carbed
woot wooot lol

MessyHonda
01-31-2007, 11:31 AM
piff carbs are a way of life efi is for pussys we have 5 cars in my yard that are carbed
woot wooot lol

but do they all work?

BITESIZE
01-31-2007, 11:39 AM
That's a great deal. Buy a brand new carb for it for around $300 and you'd be set for 5 years!

LUTHOR-CL
06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey Guys I Havent Been On For Awhile, But Instead I Bought A 91 Accord Dx 2door W/ 165k For $700. It Needs The Front Hood Repainted, Oh The Car Color Is Sky Blue. And I Think The Powersteering Pump Needs To Be Replaced Aswell Coz It Makes Like A Winding Noise And Its Not The Transmission Coz U Can Actually Hear The Noise Coming Out Of The Power Steering Pump. But Anyways Y Cant I Post A New Thread And Is There Such Forum For 91 Accords Aswell? I Cant Find It, Thanks.

88Accord-DX
06-22-2007, 09:43 PM
I think accordtuner.com is what your looking for. Some other ones, just search on the web.

LX-incredible
06-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Awww, you guys scared him away.