PDA

View Full Version : my heater stoped working

ZackieDarko
01-31-2007, 03:25 PM
*please move if this is in the wrong section*

When I replaced my combination switch (86 LX-i hatch if it matters) my heater stoped working. I think I may have disconnected something on accident underneath the dash. What under there could get disconected to make the heater stop? Could I have done something underthere to blow a fuse? If so what fuse makes the heater work? Or could the heater core just have given out at the exact same time I did the switch?

Remember the heater worked fine and got real hot real fast before I did the switch and when I put everything back together it wouldn't work.

mykwikcoupe
01-31-2007, 08:47 PM
if yu pull out the tray in front of the fuse look on the back and it should give you a good idea. The other thing s just start pulling them one at a time and checking.

Catalyst
01-31-2007, 08:53 PM
My heater doesn't work in my 3gee, and im pretty sure there is no fuse for it... I just looked...

88LXi68
02-01-2007, 08:42 AM
We need more information to answer this. The "heater" itself does not have a fuse, but the blower motor does and it also has a relay. Does the cabin fan work? Does the car get up to operating temp? How long does it take to get up to temp? Is the carpet wet at all?

Catalyst
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM
We need more information to answer this. The "heater" itself does not have a fuse, but the blower motor does and it also has a relay. Does the cabin fan work? Does the car get up to operating temp? How long does it take to get up to temp? Is the carpet wet at all?

Well I can hear the fans blowing, but there is just barely any warm air coming out of the floor vents. None through the dash vents, and barely any through the defroster vents. Its luke warm air, not nice hot air like its supposed to be. I know the thermostat works because the car gets up to temp, and the guage does work. My car warms up in about 5 minutes.

ZackieDarko
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
well MINE blows pleanty of cold ass air but no warm air at all mine also warms up in about 5 minuets

MessyHonda
02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
check if you cable is not lose....have a buddy check your engine bay...the cable should move and and out...comes out of the firewall

Catalyst
02-01-2007, 02:48 PM
well MINE blows pleanty of cold ass air but no warm air at all mine also warms up in about 5 minuets

Sorry if it seemed like I jacked your thread, I didn't mean it like that, I just thought maybe both of us with similar problems could both get some help in the same thread, so I don't have to make a different thread for the same thing. :)

ZackieDarko
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
what cable are you talking about messy?

MessyHonda
02-01-2007, 04:05 PM
what cable are you talking about messy?

its passes the firewall and it moves the valve...depending on how much you move it the more hot coolent will travel thru the heater core making the heater hoter or colder.

w261w261
02-02-2007, 06:08 AM
What was not working such that you replaced your combo switch? If it was getting good and hot before, and is not hot now (not counting the slow air flow), I'd say that the slider that controls the cable to the heater valve (in the engine compartment right by the firewall - have to take some stuff out to get to it) is not hooked up right. Does the fan have multiple speeds that you can hear, even if there isn't any flow to speak of?

ZackieDarko
02-02-2007, 03:04 PM
the combo switch is the switch that controls the blinkers/wipers