PDA

View Full Version : solid front motor mount

race12001
02-02-2007, 06:49 AM
ok i tried searching but no luck heres the deal my front motor mount is shot to hell and i need a new one but i want a soil one so in my thinking and tinkering with autocad ive managed to create a simple and to the piont motor mount i was gonna have one made for me and i was wondering if anybody else would like one before i went and had them made so that i might would be able to get a better price on them let me know

shepherd79
02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
i think solid mounts are nice for turbo cars, but if you have NA, it is worthless unless it is making 200hp.
plus it will rattle your bones everytime. it is too ruff.
I think there is a better way to make front mount that can handle the HP and still be soft enought to keep the car from shaking.
i will try to do my drawings in a few days.

race12001
02-02-2007, 08:36 AM
yea get your drawing up loaded and maybe we can refine the both of them to work to the best of both worlds

MessyHonda
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
just get a honda mount should last another 150k

race12001
02-02-2007, 08:54 AM
no i want an upgarde i dont wand another hydrolic motor mount my car dont even have 130k on it and about every mount is broke so i want somthing that wont break

rjudgey
02-02-2007, 10:07 AM
You can make a soild mount and then put a big rubber bush between either the engine mount or the subframe or maybe both. O would imagine that would work thats what i'm thinking of doing with my two as they allways wobble toomuch an dbreak eventually. Although it does seem very much improved from stiffeneing up the top brace used stock manual transmission bushes from top torque rod then pulled them out wrap duck tap or gaffer tape round them till they are just about squeezable back intot he torque rod, you should use some oil and a rubber mallet to bash it in. You would not believe the improvement you will get with this very cheap DIY mod do it it's worth it and no extra vibration and next to no extra movement on engine.

MessyHonda
02-02-2007, 10:18 AM
i think solid mounts are nice for turbo cars, but if you have NA, it is worthless unless it is making 200hp.
plus it will rattle your bones everytime. it is too ruff.
I think there is a better way to make front mount that can handle the HP and still be soft enought to keep the car from shaking.
i will try to do my drawings in a few days.

i remember you posted a how to on how to make poly bushings...with widow weld.

race12001
02-02-2007, 07:19 PM
hmm rjudgey that dont sound like a bad idea im gonna do some more work on the drawing and see what i can come up with but thats the best idea ive heard so far

any one else got any ideas

hondaman1986
02-06-2007, 03:14 PM
the window weld worked great for me just chose some of the mounts to do not all of them so that the engine still can move without rattling you to death.

b20a86lude
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
im going 250 plus on my b20a jdm car but i bought a brad new motor mount and im willing to get one for who ever makes one ill get it i could use that