PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bobina!

2ndGenGuy
02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Lookie at what I have for you!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/jgturk/Early%202g%20Headlights/IMG_2364.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/jgturk/Early%202g%20Headlights/IMG_2368.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/jgturk/Early%202g%20Headlights/IMG_2369.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/jgturk/Early%202g%20Headlights/IMG_2370.jpg

Only one small problem is that the very tiny tip of the grille is broken...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/jgturk/Early%202g%20Headlights/IMG_2372.jpg

I think it will be an easy fix. Can you send me some pics of the lights you have for me?

Thanks!

forrest89sei
02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
:thumbup:

Civic Accord Honda
02-04-2007, 12:59 AM
i thout i was geting one for u i was going to go this monday and go pick it up
any way cool now i dont have to go get one hehe look good too

2ndGenGuy
02-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah thanks for the offer man. I found the car at the yard, and I had to jump on the chance to get them.

Cheeseburger
02-04-2007, 01:58 AM
wow sweet!

MessyHonda
02-04-2007, 02:45 AM
il bet he would be happy with his usdm parts

Cheeseburger
02-04-2007, 02:58 AM
yep! happy chef!

Ichiban
02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
so you found 'em....cool

bobina
02-05-2007, 02:30 AM
BIG THANKS YOU MAN !!! Im very happy chef in the WORLD now!!!!
2ndgenguy i will send your headlight picture ASAP.!!!
i must find a camera from my friends first ok?
i try my best my friend!

carotman
02-05-2007, 02:41 AM
I was looking for those lights too for you bobina but I couldn't find them anywhere. It seems you got lucky and someone else found them ;)

Hazwan
02-05-2007, 02:45 AM
hey both bobina and 2ndGenGuy must be very happy with their lights ;)

Cheeseburger
02-05-2007, 04:13 AM
i wish he would do the same for us in getting parts for us fools in the states! "cough cough hint hint Bobina get us some parts hint hint cough cough" ;)

2ndGenGuy
02-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Well, he is getting me parts! :) Headlight trades rock!

79cord
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Sorry for not realizing this & pointing it out before, & you might choose to ignore it but I though you should at least be warned...

Obviously N America in LHD & Malaysia is RHD.
As such the Headlight dipped-beam patterns are similarly handed to shine more light to the passenger side & cut-off the beam lower on the driverside so as not to blind oncoming traffic.
The Sealed beam lamps required by US design rules untill late in the '80s cannot be adjusted & would have to be replaced to change this.
The Non-sealed beam lights used in many other markets might be easily changed by replacing the globes or sometimes cut-off shields covering a portion of the globes, but I wouldn't count upon that either without knowing the lights design -& I don't know how big a factor the patterning of the lens surface might be in controlling this.

offthahook
02-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Man, those look very decent. Especially if they aren't standard issue in your particular country. 2ndgenguy is a master at the old school parts hunt! Looks like you may or may not have to do some engineering to get them tight on the shine pattern. What fun would it be if something actually just bolted up and worked on these old cars?

Ichiban
02-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Sorry for not realizing this & pointing it out before, & you might choose to ignore it but I though you should at least be warned...
Obviously N America in LHD & Malaysia is RHD.
As such the Headlight dipped-beam patterns are similarly handed to shine more light to the passenger side & cut-off the beam lower on the driverside so as not to blind oncoming traffic.
The Sealed beam lamps required by US design rules untill late in the '80s cannot be adjusted & would have to be replaced to change this.
The Non-sealed beam lights used in many other markets might be easily changed by replacing the globes or sometimes cut-off shields covering a portion of the globes, but I wouldn't count upon that either without knowing the lights design -& I don't know how big a factor the patterning of the lens surface might be in controlling this.

The sealed beam lamps are identical between the right and left for either low or high beam, they are infact identical to the lamps equipped on my 84 GMC pickup. Yep, identical, I do believe I've got 1 or 2 headlights in it that I robbed from my parents 83 accord. The adjustment screws on the headlight buckets themselves will allow the light to point virtually anywhere, I found that they are overkill for the amount of adjustment that you actually need. As long as the low beams are pointing slightly downwards, there shouldn't be a problem. You can adjust those lights to point wherever you want.

2ndGenGuy
02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah I've been warned by a few people about that beam pattern. I'm willing to take the chance and see how it goes. The number of LHD Accords with those lights is so slim, I'm willing to take what I can get. I'm by no means ignoring your warning. In fact, I'm glad you reminded me of this. I guess it will be a good experiement.

When I do get these lights, I'm taking them and having that clear plastic guard applied to them. I am not taking any chances that some douchebag isn't going to kick up a rock and put a big crack in those irreplaceable lamps.

But yeah, the sealed beams are the same, 4656, for left and right. It's all in the adjustment. There may or may not be adjustment in the housings, but most cars can still be adjusted. We'll see what happens either way, should be fun! :D

Ichiban
02-07-2007, 11:00 PM
The one piece lights should be adjustable. Due to differing ride heights, tolerances in manufacturing, body damage, etc, the lights HAVE to be adjustable in order to function properly, in fact I have never heard of headlights that weren't, although stupider things have happened.