PDA

View Full Version : kit for forced indutction ?

hotdoghogie
02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
will any turbo kits for othe cars semi work with the xception on manifold and downpipe?

bov, fuel managment ans stuff?

i was thinking a d16 turbo kit for an older civic

ZackieDarko
02-03-2007, 12:19 AM
if you cut the flange off and weled an a20 one on it might work

you would need new charge pipes and intercooler

LiTtLe xOx BitT
02-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Thats what im doing. Im using a d16 turbo kit and justin is making me a mani and downpipe. Then its fuel management and some other things. check out my thread, just search "new parts" and my thread will show up.

MessyHonda
02-03-2007, 02:00 AM
just dont get a cheap turbo that will fall apart after a while.

shepherd79
02-03-2007, 05:25 AM
will any turbo kits for othe cars semi work with the xception on manifold and downpipe?
bov, fuel managment ans stuff?
i was thinking a d16 turbo kit for an older civic
omfg, DUDE WE HAVE ENTIRE SECTION OF THE BOARD DEDICATED TO TO TURBO.

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotdoghogie
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
omfg, DUDE WE HAVE ENTIRE SECTION OF THE BOARD DEDICATED TO TO TURBO.
SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o... my bad

MessyHonda
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81
:welcome:

hotdoghogie
02-04-2007, 05:03 PM
ok this is basically flanges and everything u need to build a turbo setup minus piping, oil lines and fuel managment

is it a good deal!?

http://www.ssautochrome.com/

Bglad420
02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
:Owned: SS auto chromes turbos are shit!! SHIT!!! One guy had one and it fell apart under boost!!!

shepherd79
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
ok this is basically flanges and everything u need to build a turbo setup minus piping, oil lines and fuel managment
is it a good deal!?
http://www.ssautochrome.com/
they are junk.

snoopyloopy
02-04-2007, 05:14 PM
you'll probably end up wasting your money. but for $300, it's nice for just barely getting your feet wet. but one thing i hear is that if you do go w/ ssautocrap, that you put oil into the center cartridge BEFORE you use it the very first time. i'd put oil in it before even playing with the wheels with your fingers! i hear that's the only way they have a fighting chance. but anyway, what are your power goals? you could get a used 14b (stock 1g dsm turbo) in good condition for about $125 shipped. people have run mid-11 second passes with it in the dsm community. or you could go on ebay and find a REAL turbo for sale and buy it for pretty cheap too if you don't want to pay new prices. but understand now that going fast costs you money. far more than you'll ever plan to spend.

hotdoghogie
02-04-2007, 05:46 PM
o ya i plan on getting another a20 and rebuild it and turbo it b4 i throw it in my car...

i want to got turbo cuz i raced my friend today in his skyline and omg its like i hit my brake instead of the throttle... no fair!

i prolly wann push around 4psi of boost and switch it to 12lbs of boost when racing... use a boost conrtol...

i plan on slowly building it up... maybe like a years worth or less of work then throw it in with the obd1... v6 accord fuel pump and prelude injectors and im set

LiTtLe xOx BitT
02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Heres my build thread, the turbo stuff is mainly in the latest 2 or 3 pages. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50829

MessyHonda
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
well....the SS sucks...get a real turbo

halxi
02-07-2007, 11:19 PM
o ya i plan on getting another a20 and rebuild it and turbo it b4 i throw it in my car...
i want to got turbo cuz i raced my friend today in his skyline and omg its like i hit my brake instead of the throttle... no fair!
i prolly wann push around 4psi of boost and switch it to 12lbs of boost when racing... use a boost conrtol...
i plan on slowly building it up... maybe like a years worth or less of work then throw it in with the obd1... v6 accord fuel pump and prelude injectors and im set

:repost:

i myself posted something like this once, except... i wasnt dumb enough to say i raced my friends skyline... but all the turbo shit.

and lets just say...

i'll believe it when i see it. Lets throw it in with all these B/H swap threads we see.

cubert
02-08-2007, 06:54 PM
:repost:
i myself posted something like this once, except... i wasnt dumb enough to say i raced my friends skyline... but all the turbo shit.
and lets just say...
i'll believe it when i see it. Lets throw it in with all these B/H swap threads we see.

:kekeke:

Cheeseburger
02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
:kekeke:

race12001
02-08-2007, 07:01 PM
:uh: hte same thing over and over yall need to read what yall right :banghead: