PDA

View Full Version : fog lights

mark_salad_bar
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
so i bought some cheap ass fog lights from pep boys...pilot lights. had them on for about a month with no problems.then out of the blue they stopped working so i replaced the switch..and they worked again for like a week then a bulb went out in one light so i changed it...and now my lights wont work at all ...something keeps burning out the fuse...so i hook them up directly to the battery and they work fine...so what im planing on doing is hooking them up to my headlights so when i turn my headlights on hopefully my fog lights will turn on with them....has anyone done this before? is it possible? and if so what wire do i hook them up to?

russiankid
02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
so i bought some cheap ass fog lights from pep boys...pilot lights. had them on for about a month with no problems.then out of the blue they stopped working so i replaced the switch..and they worked again for like a week then a bulb went out in one light so i changed it...and now my lights wont work at all ...something keeps burning out the fuse...so i hook them up directly to the battery and they work fine...so what im planing on doing is hooking them up to my headlights so when i turn my headlights on hopefully my fog lights will turn on with them....has anyone done this before? is it possible? and if so what wire do i hook them up to?My brother did this on my car when it was his. PM him, he is '89AccordLX(Rus). I can only turn my fogs on when my parking lights are on.

shepherd79
02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
i hope you are planning to run relay for them. if you don't you may overload your headlight electrical.
check your foglights relay. it could be burned up.

mark_salad_bar
02-06-2007, 02:09 PM
where is my fog light relay?

russiankid
02-06-2007, 02:17 PM
where is my fog light relay?
It should have came with lights if im correct.

MessyHonda
02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
yeah you need at least a 30amp relay to run foglights

hotdoghogie
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
ummm why didnt u just run them to the fuse box so they automaticallt turn on when u turn your lights on...

u guys know bout this plug right?

MessyHonda
02-06-2007, 10:12 PM
ummm why didnt u just run them to the fuse box so they automaticallt turn on when u turn your lights on...
u guys know bout this plug right?
cuz you dont need foglights all the time....

cubert
02-07-2007, 04:57 AM
cuz you dont need foglights all the time....

sure you do...especially when you have a lifted truck...so you can blind everyone....ever....

just like the people with the HID headlights....great! you can see, but nobody coming the oppostie way can.

MessyHonda
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah that is just mest up...lol thats why i got my car titnted now the big lifted trucks cant blind me....

mark_salad_bar
02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
fixed my fog lights..just bought whole new wires and switch...my fog light kit didnt come with a relay..just 2 ground wires some light wires and a power wire that has a fuse on it. so anyways replaced everything but the lights bought a kit from autozone for 7 bucks.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p132/phunkycharms101/lights1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p132/phunkycharms101/003.jpg

Blkblurr
02-19-2007, 10:08 AM
You should get a wiring harness that has a relay in it. You can then turn the relay on when your headlights come on by connecting the relay coil power to the headlight or running light circuit and then run the power to your fog lights through the normally open relay contact, to a fuse and then to the batt. The benefit of doing it this way is: You don't overload the headlight circuit, you get the properly sized contact for the foglights and you can control them with either your running lights or headlikghts.